Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th June 2009, 16:49   #11
ferryjambo
Regular poster

rover 75 club cdt se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
slightly different angle, is the Audi unit a good fit in the dash, and what fuctionality does it have...
Hi,
not really as the pic i posted was cropped, the unit has slightly sloping sides which leave a small gap either side of the double din slot, i am hoping to cover these over with some suitable walnut trim sometime though..

Functionality, well the sat nav works on the old non dx cd based system although newer versions are dvd based, im running a 2006 Gb tele atlas map cd on it & it's great, I've used it with other european navi cd's in europe too..Map view is only 2d though & it has a arrow view with street names too.. Later versions of mine could be coupled with a tv tuner to allow the watching of tv & have tmc too..My unit only plays tele atlas navi cd's & not music cd's so a separate cd changer is a must for music lovers

The radio works perfect, scans & saves stations like any other radio, great reception & the cd changer is the same, i previously had this in my vw golf before selling it & getting my 75. I took out the sat nav & put in the factory fitted vw radio but left in the cd changer when i sold it though.. These units are for sale on fleabay ( i got mine from the local scrap merchants, luckily it had the code with it, but came with no guarantee it would work so i got it for peanuts really & i did work so i landed lucky..

I'd rate it better than the tom tom i used for work too, although it's a big heavy lump of a unit & i had to buy an adapter lead because of the bmw style wiring in my 75 it was worth it when you consider the price & hassle of sourcing & installing a 2nd hand factory fitted type of rover/bmw sat navs..

I hope to try on sunday again with the cd changer, then i'll post up some pics,:lol:

Last edited by ferryjambo; 19th June 2009 at 16:55.. Reason: spelling mistakes
ferryjambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 18:25   #12
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Thanks for that...

I take it you haven't cracked the steering wheel controls
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 17:30   #13
ferryjambo
Regular poster

rover 75 club cdt se

never thought of that one, i suppose you could do that, but it would mean yet again cutting & splicing cables & for the hassle i'd rather just use the rotary knobs for that with this unit, i actually have one of those Blaupunkt lucca's sat nav with a built in mp3 & picture view player & i did wonder if that was a better unit for this, but stumped for the old audi navi as it is a better fit in the double din enclosure meaning i would'nt have to fabricate a housing to fill the hole left when you take out the harmony unit..

It also does'nt help that the harmony radio is concave in it's shape so fitting a flat unit like the audi or the blaupunkt also throws up some problems.. Still it worked out ok in the end & everyone that has seen it thinks it looks ok (even with the slight gap at the ends just now)...

Ferryjambo
ferryjambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 20:50   #14
Marconi
Avid contributor

R75 Club SE 2.0KV6 Saloon

Slightly different query.
I have a 2000 r75 with Harmony head, no CD changer and am sourcing a Glovebox CD, loom and symphony head for the forum to upgrade it.

Am I right in thinking that the Glovebox may be prewired for the CD player and that the Symphony loom plugs into the BMW socket behind the ashtray and all works?

Slight problem ,there's no code for the Symphony so I'm looking at Evilbay decode service.

Alternatively, would the loom and CD changer work with the Harmony head?

Any help appreciated.
I've saved the relevant threads to guide me but they'll probably make more sense when I have the bits to hand, as it were.:lol:
Old 4th July 2009, 09:42   #15
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryjambo View Post
thanks everyone,
i tried splicing the wires using hans instructions, the unit powers up & cycles the cd's ok, but my screens says "No Cd changer"... I was carefull to connect the kbus/control wires correctly between the changer & sat nav but it does'nt see/speak to it ??..

Here's my unit..

and the back showing the wiring diagram..

as you can see from the 3rd image i thought pin 17 (control) on the blue iso plug was the kbus.. I think i should have connected the kbus wire from the alpine onto the Nos.3 pin of the bottom iso marked ( K. Line ).. I'll try this tomorrow & see if this enables the changer & sat nav unit to "talk" to each other...

Unless I misunderstood what you said, you've wired up pin 17 on the blue plug to your K-bus on the changer. But according to Duotone's diagram is should have been pin 19. I've just used Duotones diagram to fix my MP3 adapter with a lot of advice from others so I can confirm that K-bus is definitely pin 19.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 13:18   #16
jimuk

rover 75

Default Alpine CHM-S630 Car CD Changer help.

hi sorry im new to this site,i have the ablve changer,a harmony,radio/tape but when i had the car it had wiring into the boot for a sony 10 cd changer,im used to the glovebox alpine so i brought 1,were would the wires for rge alpine be if any,and the sony,ive releced the board from under glovebox but cant see ive took radio out there are 2 little oblong connectors to put somthing into,but i cant find were to get a lead to go from the radio to the glovebox,ive looked on web,anyone help please,ive got a rover 75,w reg,thankyou,jim
jimuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 15:42   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimuk View Post
hi sorry im new to this site,i have the ablve changer,a harmony,radio/tape but when i had the car it had wiring into the boot for a sony 10 cd changer,im used to the glovebox alpine so i brought 1,were would the wires for rge alpine be if any,and the sony,ive releced the board from under glovebox but cant see ive took radio out there are 2 little oblong connectors to put somthing into,but i cant find were to get a lead to go from the radio to the glovebox,ive looked on web,anyone help please,ive got a rover 75,w reg,thankyou,jim
To connect the Harmony to the cd player, you need [this] lead, or try
here part no is VUL100310
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:26   #18
RoverRick

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimuk View Post
Hello David, I've got all the bits to upgrade my harmony to a symphony and have traveled the forum for a few days now, I reckon I'm good to give the wire splicing a go to the standard BMW to iso adapter I bought for a fiver adding in steering wheel controls BUT in all the posts the advice is to connect the k bus from the blue plug into the k bus pin on the BMW connector pin 7 I think...adding in a cd player I only have tails from the blue plug and a harmony cd loom, with only one k bus coming out of the blue mini ISO and needing to splice into the BMW connector, how can I wire the k bus into the cd as well loom pls? One k bus wire but two locations to feed it too??!
Rick
RoverRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 15:54   #19
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverRick View Post
I've got all the bits to upgrade my harmony to a symphony and have traveled the forum for a few days now, I reckon I'm good to give the wire splicing a go to the standard BMW to iso adapter I bought for a fiver adding in steering wheel controls BUT in all the posts the advice is to connect the k bus from the blue plug into the k bus pin on the BMW connector pin 7 I think...adding in a cd player I only have tails from the blue plug and a harmony cd loom, with only one k bus coming out of the blue mini ISO and needing to splice into the BMW connector, how can I wire the k bus into the cd as well loom pls? One k bus wire but two locations to feed it too??!
Rick
You need a joint in the K-Bus cable, one end connected to pin 19 in the blue mini ISO connector and the other to pin 5 of the changer connector.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 17:03   #20
RoverRick

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks Ray
So a joint on the k bus wire...one end into blue mini ISO, one end BMW pin and a third end to pin 5 on cd changer loom?
Sorry for Noddy question!!
Rick
RoverRick is offline   Reply With Quote