Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th May 2014, 10:00   #1
Tich
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

£1250 ono I'm open to any reasonable and sensible offer for my Rover 75. It has had two previous owners before me - the first was the garage who used it for a demo for 4 months, then sold it to an old chap in March 2004. The car was too big in the end for him, I believe. I paid £1,950 for it on 30th September 2013, and the mileage then was about 41,000. I needed a low mileage diesel for work, and this fitted the bill. Today, it has 83,064 on the clock - it always starts first time, and never gives me any problems. I know it will get me from A to B without any trouble. With 9 points on my licence I can't afford to speed, so it rarely travels above 70mph on the motorway, despite the engine being chipped! It does drive really well.

In the 8 months I've had it it's been in the garage twice - once for new strut bearings, front pads, and to fix a short that kept illuminating the air bag light on the dash. The second time was for new front lower suspension arms, ball joints, rear brake pads and discs. It had new tyres all round about 20,000 miles ago.

Couple of bad points - firstly, I had an altercation with a wall (****** sheep) travelling at about 5mph. As a result, I replaced the front bumper myself (thanks to the member in Glasgow - whose name escapes me - for the new one) and it hasn't lined up brilliantly. It's not bad, but could do with refitting if I'm honest, and also has a bit of a scuff on the front and a dent on one of the chrome inserts. Secondly, while reversing down an alley, a lamppost jumped out at me and slightly scraped the rear drivers side wheel arch. In my defence it was dark. I had the intention of getting this looked at before the winter, before it gets bad and rust starts to set in.

Other things - the airbag light still comes on now and then, and the bonnet release needs adjusting (at the moment I have to remove the trim inside the cabin to get enough tension to pull it). The previous owner must have worn a massive ring, as the steering wheel is scuffed, hence the cover.

As previously mentioned, it's been chipped - I don't know if this makes a massive difference to performance, but fuel economy wise I can easily average 45+ mpg, and that's a mix of motorway and town driving. It has the extra walnut trim on the dashboard and the chrome around the vents and clock. I've forgotten to take a picture of the engine, but it's very clean - as far as I know there are no leaks. Electric windows all round, air con/climate control etc.

If anybody is interested then please feel free to arrange a test drive. It will be professionally valeted inside and out before it's sold. I have a new front number plate to fit. It's taxed until March 2015, and the MOT expires in September. Reason for sale - company car. It really is a very nice car to drive. I'll post more pics in a mo - can't work out how to attach more than one!

Interior view

Lamppost scuff, driver side rear

Chrome insert ding, front bumper

Rear view - FICA badge will be removed!

Front bumper scuff

Last one...

Thanks for viewing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (137.7 KB, 479 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (139.2 KB, 471 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (143.6 KB, 463 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (138.5 KB, 458 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (138.7 KB, 462 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (137.5 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (140.0 KB, 448 views)

Last edited by Tich; 1st June 2014 at 09:54.. Reason: posts merged & Thumbnails enlarged
Tich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2014, 10:14   #2
doopydug
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Need to post a price to comply with club rules mate
doopydug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2014, 10:16   #3
Tich
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doopydug View Post
Need to post a price to comply with club rules mate
Crumbs - I've no idea - if I could get £1500 I'd be happy, I think!
Old 17th June 2014, 07:08   #4
Tich
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

So, my ever reliable Rover is left standing for a fortnight, until this weekend when my partner takes it to work. Starts first time, and gets her there no problem. However, when it's time to come home she calls me to say it's making a strange noise and smells of burning. Call to the AA, and a couple of hours later and the car is home. As you can see from the picture, slight problem with the suspension.

I don't want to scrap it as it's a lovely car and up until this weekend has never let me down in over 40,000 miles. I just haven't got the time to get it repaired. I'm sure somebody with a bit of knowledge who knows what they're doing could get a replacement bit for it from a breakers yard and have a decent motor in a couple of hours.

So, if anybody is interested, I'd consider any reasonable offer around £800.

Thanks for viewing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140616_105432.jpg (128.7 KB, 116 views)
Old 17th June 2014, 20:41   #5
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

A new spring will set you back about 55-60 quid.
Old 18th June 2014, 00:13   #6
Tich
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

I realise it won't be expensive, but I'm not mechanically minded, and have nowhere to do the work so I'm keen for it to go, if I'm honest.
Old 30th July 2014, 08:31   #7
Tich
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Morning all

I'm afraid this car is still for sale, and hasn't moved since the incident with the spring (see photo).

However, it still starts and there's no sign of any oil underneath.

I really don't want to insure it again, and I'd be reluctant to scrap it. But I don't want to pay to have it repaired because I'll lose more money. I'm open to any reasonable offer - if I get £400 for it I will be pleased.

If I can sell it to someone who's mechanically minded and can fix it themselves, they will get a very nice and economical motor with relatively low mileage.

Thanks again for looking. PM me

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (133.3 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by Dragrad; 30th July 2014 at 23:55.. Reason: Private mobile Tel No removed as per Club policy + Thumbnail enlarged