Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th January 2017, 19:14   #41
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
that's interesting - it adds a bit more evidence to the 60-70k Head Gasket lifespan theory

where you running OAT Coolant ? if so, maybe worth trying a change this time ?

Paul.
Had the Yellow stuff in.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 19:19   #42
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

[QUOTE=KLM;2431948]Quote "No coolant to be seen. Breakdown filled it up and lots of oil appeared.
No warning other than the heater suddenly running cold, temp gauge on red, engine over heated".

Not a good idea to put cold coolant directly in an over heated engine block,
could cause block or head to warp.

Kev.[/

When you are stuck on a roundabout with a dead car in the freezing rain you have a tendency to let the mechanic carry on.

onen hag oll
Old 15th January 2017, 19:19   #43
Organiser
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T+180 Auto & ZT-T+1.8T in Trophy Blue, ZT-T CDTI+135 Auto in Ignition Blue, ZT-T+190 in Typhoon,

Bob,

Sorry to read the bad news about Banana, good luck with the repair!!

Tom.
Old 15th January 2017, 19:36   #44
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Finally I am home. First hot drink of the day going down a treat. Not eaten anything all day other than a Mars bar, which I bought at the station.

Not the best of journeys home on the train either. Got on the train to Victoria only to have it terminate at Brighton. Got on another train going to London Bridge and that only stopped at Gatwick, so at least it was a fast train.
Once at London Bridge, then it was a marathon walk, well for tired me it was, to the tube. First onto the Northern Line and finally onto the central line. Out of the station and waited for the bus.

Have spoken to Mike, MJS, and he will be looking at Banana on Tuesday. He will find out why the HGF occurred and get it sorted out for me. So hopefully I'll be able to collect towards the end of the week. I'm not desperate for transport, still have two more at home.

Now when Banana expired and eventually was loaded onto the first piggy back my phone rang. It was Cobra trak, Banana has a tracker fitted, asking me if I was aware that my car was being transported. Yes I was aware, then they asked for my passwords. Now the line was not too good as we was in the wilds of Cambridgeshire so the connection kept breaking. Finally I was able to explain where the car was and where we was going.

Cobra Trak said that they would need to phone me back to try and get a better connection. And where did they phone? Yup! My home number at 13.00. Picked the message when I got home. Wondered why they never phoned me but I thought they must have been happy with what I had told them.

onen hag oll
Old 15th January 2017, 19:44   #45
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Finally I am home. First hot drink of the day going down a treat. Not eaten anything all day other than a Mars bar, which I bought at the station.

Not the best of journeys home on the train either. Got on the train to Victoria only to have it terminate at Brighton. Got on another train going to London Bridge and that only stopped at Gatwick, so at least it was a fast train.
Once at London Bridge, then it was a marathon walk, well for tired me it was, to the tube. First onto the Northern Line and finally onto the central line. Out of the station and waited for the bus.

Have spoken to Mike, MJS, and he will be looking at Banana on Tuesday. He will find out why the HGF occurred and get it sorted out for me. So hopefully I'll be able to collect towards the end of the week. I'm not desperate for transport, still have two more at home.

Now when Banana expired and eventually was loaded onto the first piggy back my phone rang. It was Cobra trak, Banana has a tracker fitted, asking me if I was aware that my car was being transported. Yes I was aware, then they asked for my passwords. Now the line was not too good as we was in the wilds of Cambridgeshire so the connection kept breaking. Finally I was able to explain where the car was and where we was going.

Cobra Trak said that they would need to phone me back to try and get a better connection. And where did they phone? Yup! My home number at 13.00. Picked the message when I got home. Wondered why they never phoned me but I thought they must have been happy with what I had told them.
You should rung me from Gatwick mate.............I would of run you home.
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 19:48   #46
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

Sorry to hear about banana �� bob but I know you wont be long before banana back to full health and running on all four

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2017, 20:02   #47
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
You should rung me from Gatwick mate.............I would of run you home.
Many thanks for the offer Keith.

onen hag oll
Old 15th January 2017, 20:05   #48
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post

Two more bob you got pooky and ??????????? You keeping secrets lol lol
Old 15th January 2017, 20:06   #49
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Now to chill out with a Large malt.

Many thanks for all the good wishes. Plus a BIG THANK YOU to Andrew and Keith for the offers of a lift. It is very much appreciated.

Makes me glad to be a member of a great club. Long may it last.

onen hag oll
Old 15th January 2017, 20:06   #50
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Yes I would like to know the mystery third set of wheels ........push bike maybe
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote