Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd April 2017, 16:21   #1
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Many Thanks Coolcat.

I wiould like to thank Jeff for his perseverance in fitting my Eclipse today, it didn't go to well but he overcame the problems with what type of radio that was in the car, whoever put this radio in had mullered the fixings to make it fit, secondly because I couldn't drop the back seat down he couldn't run the aerial lead to the boot, no matter he adapted the aerial amp just inside the rear pillar.

Jeff if you read this, perhaps you could explain to those who have a Harmon Kardon system fitted the reason why they should inform you before fitting.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 16:29   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
I wiould like to thank Jeff for his perseverance in fitting my Eclipse today, it didn't go to well but he overcame the problems with what type of radio that was in the car, whoever put this radio in had mullered the fixings to make it fit, secondly because I couldn't drop the back seat down he couldn't run the aerial lead to the boot, no matter he adapted the aerial amp just inside the rear pillar.

Jeff if you read this, perhaps you could explain to those who have a Harmon Kardon system fitted the reason why they should inform you before fitting.

Rev
You got home okay then ?

If you have the High Line Double Din it requires an aerial extension to the rear of the car as did Julien's. Usually I run to the boot but the C Pillar is also an option
Also for those doing this you need to splice the steering wheel controls as well.

If on top of this you have the Harman Kardon speaker system and you want to retain the subwoofer function it involves making up a speaker loom from front to rear and splicing the power connections as well.

HarryM1BYT on here has an excellent guide if you wish to do this

P.s. this would be applicable to any after market head unit replacing High Line Double din

The reason we ask beforehand is so that one....We have the aerial extension and Iso to 17 pin BMW connector to hand and two so I can fabricate a speaker loom up before hand on the bench.

Last edited by coolcat; 23rd April 2017 at 16:33..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 18:36   #3
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
You got home okay then ?

If you have the High Line Double Din it requires an aerial extension to the rear of the car as did Julien's. Usually I run to the boot but the C Pillar is also an option
Also for those doing this you need to splice the steering wheel controls as well.

If on top of this you have the Harman Kardon speaker system and you want to retain the subwoofer function it involves making up a speaker loom from front to rear and splicing the power connections as well.

HarryM1BYT on here has an excellent guide if you wish to do this

P.s. this would be applicable to any after market head unit replacing High Line Double din

The reason we ask beforehand is so that one....We have the aerial extension and Iso to 17 pin BMW connector to hand and two so I can fabricate a speaker loom up before hand on the bench.

Hi Jeff we got home eventually we got onto the A12' and they had shut it after Junction 25. all the traffic was then filtered down to one lane for a diversion around to Stanstead and back onto the 120 /M11. M25,

Should have taken us 1.5hrs, 4hrs in the end, fuel gauge started to go down so changed over LPG, what a life saver.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 18:41   #4
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Top man is ourJeff .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 19:11   #5
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Hi Jeff we got home eventually we got onto the A12' and they had shut it after Junction 25. all the traffic was then filtered down to one lane for a diversion around to Stanstead and back onto the 120 /M11. M25,

Should have taken us 1.5hrs, 4hrs in the end, fuel gauge started to go down so changed over LPG, what a life saver.

Rev
I said I hate the A12..........theres your proof

Horrid road even when it is moving
Old 23rd April 2017, 19:12   #6
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenicks View Post
Top man is ourJeff .
Julien and his good wife have frequented here before...... just like you Steve
Old 23rd April 2017, 21:28   #7
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:

Rev
I had the Harmon Karden system fitted when I bought my 75 and was not very impressed with it.
Jeff fitted me with excellent door speakers and a hand built bass box that fits neatly in the boot. I have more space in a wider gap to get things in as the HK bass box used to make the gap smaller. He suggested that I should keep the HK amp rather than putting another amp in that was not really needed for that build.
Jeff knows his stuff and is more than reasonable
Old 24th April 2017, 05:42   #8
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I had the Harmon Karden system fitted when I bought my 75 and was not very impressed with it.
Jeff fitted me with excellent door speakers and a hand built bass box that fits neatly in the boot. I have more space in a wider gap to get things in as the HK bass box used to make the gap smaller. He suggested that I should keep the HK amp rather than putting another amp in that was not really needed for that build.
Jeff knows his stuff and is more than reasonable
Thanks Jay, glad your system is still playing some mean sounds
Old 24th April 2017, 17:07   #9
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:

Rev
The back seat should drop down Rev, I recently found out that there are a couple of straps tucked down behind each side of the rear seat that release the back seat. When Jeff fitted my Naval we had the same problem .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 20:37   #10
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Thanks Jay, glad your system is still playing some mean sounds
Its kicking