Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North East
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th September 2016, 17:43   #11
amblegrumpy

Rover 75 Club SE saloon Rover 75 Connoisseur Tourer

Default Meet @ Lion Inn

Hi Suziblu,
Thank you for your directions - never for one minute thought that Google maps would actually cover laybys and car parks. Found it on my atlas now and will remember the sophistication of Google maps henceforth.
Thanks again.
amblegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:15   #12
bigd
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75

So is this the final count for the Lion Inn if so I will phone in the numbers wont be long now cheers Derek
bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 21:26   #13
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by amblegrumpy View Post
Hi,
Having a bit of bother locating birkbrow on my ancient atlas - google maps showed me Blakey Ridge between Castletown and Hutton le Hole but came up with some garage at Redcar for birkbrow.
I am told that my GPS device will find it - and I have one such in both cars - but what my advisor told me did not take into account that where electronic things are concerned it is like comparing a Eurofighter Typhoon with a pteradactyl, me being the latter. In view of this, could I trouble you to give me a road number or a nearby village or the like?
Sorry to be a pest...
All the best.
Hi there, Birk Brow is on the A171 Whitby moor road. If you travel from Guisborough towards Whitby, pass by the village of Charltons then up a sharp left hand bend climbing the hill ( a short section of dual carriageway), the car park is on your left as you reach the top of the hill.

If you travel from Hutton-le-Hole, you pass the Lion Inn on your left, so no need to go to Birk Brow, unless you want to, but it's a double back for you. If you want to continue past the inn, drive through Castleton, and about 3 miles on meet the A171 Whitby Road. Turn left towards Teesside, Birk Brow is approx I mile on your right. Hope this helps.

Last edited by BoroRover; 23rd September 2016 at 21:37.. Reason: Further information
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 07:32   #14
bigd
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75

All booked in for Sunday at 2.30pm see you all there Derek
Old 27th September 2016, 20:10   #15
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amblegrumpy View Post
Hi Big d,
Not wishing to be at all presumptious but I might be able to attend this meeting which sounds interesting...I am a club member, live in the North East and have a brace of Rovers...so would this be in order or am I merely poking my nose in uninvited?
Both my wife and I are disabled (she visibly, me non-visibly) which I mention not to attract sympathetic free pints (although I've never been known to refuse) but because I/we can be unreliable as both our 'ailments' are prone to so-called 'flare ups' and can be fine the day prior and then get up unable to function, hence unreliable��.
Bummer!
If it is okay for us to put our noses in we shall be either in a white gold Club SE saloon (my pride and joy) or our latest acquisition which is a 75 Tourer Connoisseur which we call 'The Hearse' and has more miles than the starship 'Enterprise' and certainly appears - from the state of it - to have boldly gone where no Rovers have gone before (or should have in the first place!)��
Oh, and I forget, we have a dog (three legged!) called 'Buggles' who does not permit me to go anywhere without him - this can be a problem in smaller toilets��.
All the best.
Here is a little film I did called 'The Lion Run 2015' to give you an idea. It's a fantastic venue and everyone is very friendly, informal and welcoming Click on the Vimeo link and it will take you there....have fun

https://vimeo.com/137085417
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 21:05   #16
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

And 2 years ago, thank you for looking .....

https://youtu.be/M8ampnq2m_Y
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 10:00   #17
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Looking like it might be decent weather on Sunday, I may have to dust the launch car off & take it out for a run - it doesn't get out much anymore since the other one blocked the garage door and made it difficult to access

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 10:08   #18
willshot
Posted a thing or two

Ex-ZI190 owner. ,Ford Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
Looking like it might be decent weather on Sunday, I may have to dust the launch car off & take it out for a run - it doesn't get out much anymore since the other one blocked the garage door and made it difficult to access

Steve.
Just allow for the extra time it will take you to get to Blakey in the "slow" launch car, Steve.
willshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 10:11   #19
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshot View Post
Just allow for the extra time it will take you to get to Blakey in the "slow" launch car, Steve.
Best set off on Saturday then

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 12:52   #20
bigd
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75

I wish I had the slow launch car