Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th April 2017, 17:20   #11
tony062622
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira Auto

Default Ford Cortina

That takes me back a bit. I had the estate version when I lived in Liberia during the eighties, Used to get a guy called Khalill to replace the floor every year as it just rusted away so quickly due to the humidity, plus we lived within 100 metres of the Atlantic Ocean.Happy days

Rover 75 2.0 CDT (131Ps) Conn Saloon Starlight Silver MBB
Fitted inline thermostat. Rear discs pads shoes&rear springs ,Wiper blades ,Replaced Pollen filter Airfilter Unblocked plenum, drains , plenum cover fitted. New crankcase filter fitted .New exhaust back box fitted, new o rings to intercooler hose, cleaned EGR valve.T4 check (thanks Marinabrian) headlight bulbs changed Sorted air bag warning light (silicone grease to plug and two tie wraps added) Stripped cleaned driver,s door mirrors and window controls, all back together working well.(thanks to the thread on the forum.)Headlights restored. Rear offside bulb holder renewed. Drivers side control arm/wishbone bush replaced. New MOT Oil and Filter change using my new pump what a difference.

This vehicle was the 91,564th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur (135) to be made out of 8,746
This vehicle was the 9,139th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
tony062622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 17:38   #12
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

My GXL model had the twin headlights and the early metal sloping dash with the 4 pod dials in the centre console, I didn't like the later modern dash which Ford adopted. It also had the keep-fit pump screen washer which was hilarious, it was easier to carry a bottle of water with you to pour over the screen.

I remember my father stuffing concrete in the sills to pass an MOT one year can you imagine doing something like that today...
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 19:42   #13
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
My GXL model had the twin headlights and the early metal sloping dash with the 4 pod dials in the centre console, I didn't like the later modern dash which Ford adopted. It also had the keep-fit pump screen washer which was hilarious, it was easier to carry a bottle of water with you to pour over the screen.

I remember my father stuffing concrete in the sills to pass an MOT one year can you imagine doing something like that today...
I bet that improved the handling

I used to fit car radios and for some reason on quite a few if I was fitting rear parcel shelf speakers I found a complete cigarette lighter under the rear seat.
I reckon when they were going down the line certain models were supposed to be fitted with them but they missed them.
I supplied a few of my friends with a nice new cigarette lighter
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 19:47   #14
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Great photo Phil and great to see such a classic in an unusual location