Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th January 2017, 14:16   #11
mmz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

In Finland we speak Finnish but it would be more than sufficient to have English texts on the message screen. German texts require a dictionary at least for me.

I have tried this trip button trick but still without any success. When I get to the point '10' it just throws me out.
mmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 15:29   #12
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmz View Post
In Finland we speak Finnish but it would be more than sufficient to have English texts on the message screen. German texts require a dictionary at least for me.

I have tried this trip button trick but still without any success. When I get to the point '10' it just throws me out.
Are you scrolling through to 19 first, it will flash 'off' then 'on' then 'off' etc. When it flashes to 'off' press the button again, then press repetitively to 10 pause for a second then, press again to scroll through to the appropriate option, then release. That should now select the option you chose. Turn off the ignition then back on again and the language you selected should be the one selected.

I am not at my car to test how exactly it works, but this is the procedure I use for other options.

sent from my ZT

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 12th January 2017 at 22:36..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 17:26   #13
mmz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

I tried that again and now it was like this: first '19' and then 'off', then again back to '10' which gives me just text '...SO'. After that a long press takes me back to 'test' and a short press does nothing.Why I can't get those options '0' or '1'? What does that '...SO' mean?
mmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 01:49   #14
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmz View Post
I tried that again and now it was like this: first '19' and then 'off', then again back to '10' which gives me just text '...SO'. After that a long press takes me back to 'test' and a short press does nothing.Why I can't get those options '0' or '1'? What does that '...SO' mean?
I didnt get time to try it out, earlier, but going by T-Cut's guide,

10 Country Code
This is just a list. There may be a code displayed for each, which I don't have. I haven't physically checked.
0 = Germany
1 = Great Britain
2 = USA
3 = Italy
4 = E (?)
5 = Japan
6 = France
7 = Canada
8 = Australia/ ** (?)

I reckon from that, it means English would be the second option (ie two short presses after a short pause when option 10 has been reached.

Old 12th January 2017, 16:59   #15
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Are you scrolling through to 19 first, it will flash 'off' then 'on' then 'off' etc. When it flashes to 'off' press the button again until then press continuously to 10 pause for a second them press again to scroll through to the appropriate option, then release. That should now select the option you chose. Turn off the ignition then back on again and the language you selected should be the one selected.

I am not at my car to test how exactly it works, but this is the procedure I use for other options.

sent from my ZT
Excuse me , Not being awkward but your second sentence does not make sense. There seems to be something missing between the UNTIL and THEN words.

COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 22:35   #16
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Are you scrolling through to 19 first, it will flash 'off' then 'on' then 'off' etc. When it flashes to 'off' press the button again until then press continuously to 10 pause for a second them press again to scroll through to the appropriate option, then release. That should now select the option you chose. Turn off the ignition then back on again and the language you selected should be the one selected.

sent from my ZT
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Excuse me , Not being awkward but your second sentence does not make sense. There seems to be something missing between the UNTIL and THEN words.

you are quite correct. I was typing on my phone, at the end of a tea break lol. The word 'until' should have been deleted. (now corrected along with the predictive text 'them'