Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th September 2016, 15:02   #1
Ian432
Regular poster

Rover 75 tourer

Smile Anyone in Malta at the moment?

Hello....
Its months since Ive been on here. The Rover let me down, clutch wise, again so I drove out here in an old London Cab.
Long story (www.taxitriptovalletta.wordpress.com)
Not seen a single 75 or ZT in 6 weeks being here, thought there would be loads. Plenty other examples of virtually every other car of 60s and 70s, mostly very tidy.

To get to the point...I am in need of some moral and practical support, in case the nice older gentleman ,who says he will fix the accident damage, doesn't get it together in time. I am sure he will but Im getting nervous and don't want to hassle him. I would like a back up plan, need use of electric drill, riveting tool etc, the kind of stuff not in the emergency tool kit......

The Fairway Driver/London Cab clubs and fora are lovely and helpful not as heavily populated and international

Based in the 3 Villages/ Birkirkara area

Thanks for reading
Ian432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2016, 16:17   #2
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I'm a regular visitor and will be there next month.
Over the years I've seen loads of 75's but lately, yes they have been thin on the ground so to speak.

Your in a nice area and I'm sure if you contact some of the local garages they should be able to help as I've always found the Maltese people so helpful in the past.

PS just read your blog, well part of it. Looks like you've had quite a journey.
That villa in Balzan you mention with the large ground sounds like the one just round the corner from our friends house, it's near the entrance to San Anton gardens.

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 10th September 2016 at 16:43..
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 10:10   #3
Ian432
Regular poster

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
I'm a regular visitor and will be there next month.
Over the years I've seen loads of 75's but lately, yes they have been thin on the ground so to speak.

Your in a nice area and I'm sure if you contact some of the local garages they should be able to help as I've always found the Maltese people so helpful in the past.

PS just read your blog, well part of it. Looks like you've had quite a journey.
That villa in Balzan you mention with the large ground sounds like the one just round the corner from our friends house, it's near the entrance to San Anton gardens.

Ironically, saw first 75 today, silver saloon.
I have found the maltese people initially a bit cool, understandably as i do look like a homeless person, then warm up considerably when they get to know you.

We go to San Anton and kitchen gardens regularly, the villa with extensive grounds, to which I refer, is at the Birkirkara side of village off Valley road.

Sure we will be fit enough for the road next week, just didn't feel like it yesterday. thanks for your reply
Old 13th September 2016, 22:20   #4
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

When we go out next month we will be staying at our timeshare in Sliema for a week, probably for the last time ( long story) but the remainder of our stay will be right at the bottom of Valley Road just before the park entrance.

Our Maltese friend lives there and in fact she is returning home with us again for a break in Scotland.
The Maltese are like a second family to us as we share our joys and sorrows together. Maria's son takes us out on his yacht almost every time we're out in Malta so this really makes our holiday special.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 05:16   #5
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

We are heading out for a week in October to take in Military Imtarfa, also the Military Tattoo is on

Looking forward to it

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional
kc13661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 17:04   #6
Ian432
Regular poster

Rover 75 tourer

Yes, it seems Malta has that kind of effect. Had no fireworks for 3 days and now quite missing them, after getting a teensy weeny bit bored of them every day and night!

All repairs done and dusted 36 hours before the Ferry leaves, so one more day of leisure before the long drive home. I will be back, but January rather than August