Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th October 2016, 23:12   #161
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

I have just updated Bandcamp to have my newest downloads in there...

"Stuarts Bandcamp page" "EDM your heart out! The best of 2016"

I still have free download codes for older albums, and there will be a few free codes for newer ones if I gain enough popularity!

I've still got free downloads on my newgrounds page @ http://maxxpump.newgrounds.com/
Old 1st January 2017, 16:37   #162
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default New kit the story

So I took a break from music, namely a forced break as I came down with a cardiac and lung infection which took the best part of a month to shift, the worst day I saw the inside of an A&E department on boxing day, which me and everyone involved didn't want to be there as it was packed to the girders.

I tell you this because during this time I came up with plan, a plan which would change the face of the music I produce and how I did it. But I needed a new angle and the best way to do this I thought was to go and get myself a new bit of kit or a new bit of software. I got money for christmas from my parents and with a bit of money I had saved up, I purchased a new bit of kit called a "Akai MPC Studio". This new device came with a controller (pictured below), which allow you to control samples from the keypad which it incorporates, and you can assign different sounds to each and every "Pad". it also came with software, which is called a DAW; a DAW is a program which allows you to create music within its limitations. i.e: I use a DAW previously called Cubase (8.5) which has allowed me to sequence and record my compositions upto this point.

The package also came with two soft synths (granular and sample based), and four soft drums (which are drum machines, but in software form; Some of which emulate 80's and 90's digital drum machines, some of which are pretty famous in the sounds they produce!). The package also was bundled with MIDI cables to allow me to plug my keyboard directly into the controller and play the inbuilt synths or allow the controller to control my keyboard.

I have been playing around with this kit now for the past few days when I've had a chance and learning the features and quirks of the unit, as well as chopping up samples, playing with drums and playing the new sounds generated from the soft synths.

I believe with all the features of this sampler/drum machine I got quite a bargain and will allow me explore new avenues of beat making and will be able to start remixing other people's work using these new features.

So firstly before showing you some of my work which I've produced in the last few weeks (I will add a note saying if I've created the particular song in the MPC or Cubase, so you might be able to tell the difference). I would like to take this moment to ask if people have a particular song which they would like me to remix on the MPC? If so leave a comment and I'll get back to you in due time with some kind of sample based remix of the song in question.

This one is MPC based:

This is my New years mix which I made before I purchased the MPC:
Old 1st January 2017, 16:43   #163
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
So I took a break from music, namely a forced break as I came down with a cardiac and lung infection which took the best part of a month to shift, the worst day I saw the inside of an A&E department on boxing day, which me and everyone involved didn't want to be there as it was packed to the girders.

I tell you this because during this time I came up with plan, a plan which would change the face of the music I produce and how I did it. But I needed a new angle and the best way to do this I thought was to go and get myself a new bit of kit or a new bit of software. I got money for christmas from my parents and with a bit of money I had saved up, I purchased a new bit of kit called a "Akai MPC Studio". This new device came with a controller (pictured below), which allow you to control samples from the keypad which it incorporates, and you can assign different sounds to each and every "Pad". it also came with software, which is called a DAW; a DAW is a program which allows you to create music within its limitations. i.e: I use a DAW previously called Cubase (8.5) which has allowed me to sequence and record my compositions upto this point.

The package also came with two soft synths (granular and sample based), and four soft drums (which are drum machines, but in software form; Some of which emulate 80's and 90's digital drum machines, some of which are pretty famous in the sounds they produce!). The package also was bundled with MIDI cables to allow me to plug my keyboard directly into the controller and play the inbuilt synths or allow the controller to control my keyboard.

I have been playing around with this kit now for the past few days when I've had a chance and learning the features and quirks of the unit, as well as chopping up samples, playing with drums and playing the new sounds generated from the soft synths.

I believe with all the features of this sampler/drum machine I got quite a bargain and will allow me explore new avenues of beat making and will be able to start remixing other people's work using these new features.

So firstly before showing you some of my work which I've produced in the last few weeks (I will add a note saying if I've created the particular song in the MPC or Cubase, so you might be able to tell the difference). I would like to take this moment to ask if people have a particular song which they would like me to remix on the MPC? If so leave a comment and I'll get back to you in due time with some kind of sample based remix of the song in question.

This one is MPC based:

This is my New years mix which I made before I purchased the MPC:
Evening Stuart, we haven't seen you in the LCOZ for a while, is the above why? hope your on the mend now.
Old 3rd January 2017, 11:33   #164
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Evening Stuart, we haven't seen you in the LCOZ for a while, is the above why? hope your on the mend now.
Yes I've been fairly unwell the last month or so now, i'm now getting stronger every day, but not quite there yet.
Old 8th January 2017, 12:43   #165
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

So far this week I've been setting up a new Blog (or a forum as you were) to specifically show off my music. I've been getting a great response so far and have been adding lists of music to so I have some sort of Genre based filing system out on the web for my otherwise cluttered Youtube page. The link I will provide at the bottom of this text.

I have been also playing with and getting for a effect called Antares Auto tune, which allows you to change the pitch of your vocals which I will show you an example here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/721372

This allows me retune my vocals, like cher and T pain and get better vocally tuned songs out then before. I will start implementing it into my later pop and rock songs when I get the chance.

I've also got a new synth which I'm playing around with called Z3ta which has some pretty harsh synth tones in it and is good for heavy dance music.

I released a Drum and bass tune today and some dance songs yesterday so here they are, for your listening pleasure:

drum and bass: https://youtu.be/sJ1_VvaZKAE

dark electro:
https://youtu.be/H6nlWfBU3kY

dance/pop:
https://youtu.be/qQkC6P4QiK4

Dance:
https://youtu.be/HoZ5UI0unHo

Another electro dance mix
https://youtu.be/_sp1ns-1BPk

This is my Blogs website if your interested:
https://exedist.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 14th January 2017, 21:35   #166
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default Getting into flipping records (remixing), with my new MPC Studio!

News and gossip

So this week I've taken up a challenge on a Facebook group called "The Pad Bank", the challenge is your given a sample and you remix the sample and make a new song out of it! Which I've never done before so I'm kind of diving in at the deep end, as there's so many professional artists there which have been using MPC's for the last decade when I've only had mine for a week!

So to start of with I'll post the original track then I'll post up my remix so you can hear the difference!

So to start off with is week 1's challenge which was this groovy song:

and this is my remix of that same song:

This is this weeks challenge:

This is my first draft, which I'm probably going to remake:

I'm getting my head around this piece of equipment slowly, and I'm improving every time I do a song, so the next remix of this song should be better than this tune (which I'm just not happy with unfortunately).

Today I did a load of work, mainly recording my Accordion and Melodica (air powered piano) and sampling them and loading them into the MPC and I came up these two songs:

Firstly on Melodica: which is some weird little electronic song.

Then another song on Accordion:

They are both considered as Experimental electronic pieces, I'm liking both songs as they both have their own quirks about them, hope you get something out of them!

This is another piece I did earlier in the week which is all sample based which I sampled all by myself:

I've now got music information Wiki page, I'm now selling a bunch of new albums on CDbaby.com and I've got a new Blog on wordpress! I've also updated my Facebook fan page which is much better now as I've actually got fans on it!

Here is the link top my Wiki page: http://exedistmusic.wikia.com/wiki/Exedistmusic_Wiki
My wordpress blog: https://exedist.wordpress.com/
My new Facebook fan page for ExeDist music:
https://www.facebook.com/exedist/

I'm also on Beatstars.com and Freshtunes.com

I've done all of this extra work this week to attempt to pitch a new album which I've got coming out in may with lots of unreleased works on it. I just got to have some kind of a chance this time around, as it hasn't gone well in the past.

Anyway that's enough from him and good night from me....
Old 22nd January 2017, 16:08   #167
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default New tracks, Collaborations and getting my music for sale on Amazon

News

This week has been very hectic for me music wise as I've just been signed to a music label "fresh-tunes", which are mainly a distributor of music. So you can now find "Exedist" music on Spotify, Deezer, iTunes and Amazon music, I will still be releasing some music on Youtube and Newgrounds for free but I would be excellent to have the support of my fan base through these new links.

This is my only album that got onto iTunes as it is extremerly difficult to get your music on there as there standards are so high
The Love is Lost EP

As I said in the title, I've been doing collaboration work with vocalists, here is one song which I did with a girl called Stephanie Kay, which is a well known vocalist and has agreed to allow me to launch a single with the following song:

The next one is Hip hop with rap vocals

The next one is staring the vocals from Steely-Vibe:

The next one is a remix of Led Zeppelins "Kashmir"

The last one is a really popular song I released as few days ago which is Jean Michel Jarre Remix

Old 22nd January 2017, 16:45   #168
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Fiddle Faddle.

This thread needs fixing, if it loads any slower it will be going backwards, lol.

Last edited by WillyHeckaslike; 22nd January 2017 at 16:49.. Reason: Thread slow to load
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 21:11   #169
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Update! I've gone out and bought myself, a new keyboard which plugs into my computer and allows complete integration into my workspace. So I've been creating a lot more semi-live works which sound much more fluid. I've also got myself a semi-professional Rode condenser microphone, which I got because it's much more cleaner sounding, much more sensitive. So in turn I have been making alot of rock and pop songs, which are dynamic and have much evolution than before. My channel on Newgrounds has grown extensively as well as my Soundcloud following. I have also recently sold upto thirty albums, as well as have a selection of nine albums available through amazon and iTunes.

I've also seen gary numans newer act as well as his classical works, I've got tickets to Jean Michel Jarre in July near Nantes, France, he's been given me a lot of inspiration towards my electronic works.

If and when I post here in future I will post links only, as the as this page as a few people is running slow on some people's computers, so I'll try and stick links on as there wasn't a problem before.

I've been away doing temp work at the cities university and learning quite a lot and been introduced to new bands that people listen to, as well as research a lot of new music to pull some technical input towards my music.
I've also had some vocal lessons, I'm still not amazing at singing, but have gained a lot of confidence.

I've also been making a lot of covers which include the "Power of Love" by Frankie goes to hollywood, which might be released next week at some time, "Small town boy" by Bronski Beat which again is about half done, I've just got to finish my vocal for it. I've also been working on a combination of "Like a sin" and "West end Girls" both by the Pet Shop Boys. I also did a Mashup of "Levels" by Avicii.

Three songs, first uses mainly my vocals, needs mastering still:

https://youtu.be/zTHlepybmX0

The 2nd is a pop song called "Love struck": https://youtu.be/aVjRw7AhGfs

The next one is called "Callous" which is electronica/dance:
https://youtu.be/fAiQDG2tltc

and finally is a song called "Space Fantasy", which is one of my favourites and used it on my new dance album, and I've also been playing a version of it live. https://youtu.be/uM6RDOStguw

This thread used to be once a week, as work, my temp position and live shows get in the way of things, I can't make the same output of music which I used to do.

The majority of the pieces I put on youtube, are longer works, and have been rewritten and now properly mixed. Most of them work in the car but have recently upgraded to Focal speakers and are much, much better than the stock R75 speakers.

Was thinking about going to POL but didn't in the end because of the general and embarrassing dent in one of rear doors, about to get the car repaired to go to France, rear sus, bushings and all the electric windows have managed to give up the ghost. Cars...
Old 14th May 2017, 08:03   #170
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Talking New Classical Rock track. I hope you enjoy!

This is a Rock track I wrote last night which is based and inspired by Lynyrd Skynyrd, this one has taken me a while of practicing vocals to get right. https://youtu.be/WZwUZsk_63A

I'm currently making a new free album of works based on songs from the 70's, 80's and 90's....mostly based on bands like Jean michel jarre, Giorgio Moroder, Vangelis, and many many more, covering electronica, rock, pop, disco and other electronic music.

I hope you enjoy my newer works as I get away from the EDM and dance styles which I've kind of gotten bored of now! I hopefully can continue making a little something for everyone!