Old 9th November 2015, 09:33   #21
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
7th November

I've done it , I've made a mix of a few different songs, but in a new style. This is a fourteen minute mega mix. This contains lots of different softsynths, real synths, old keyboards, re-recorded drum samples from my drum machines; which have been recorded on my Tascam and uploaded into cubase were I've edited, composed new sections and compiled this mix. All original samples, sequences and more.

The mix starts off with the sound scape and dance song which I produced yesterday, I then mixed in sections of other material which I have made in the last month. The song is made to sit in between two songs in my major play list "purely sequential". Most of the material I composed years ago, mainly around 2007 to now, some have seen hundreds of renditions, so with all the versions under my belt and picking out good sections and recreating them with new technology. I have created this mix.

Its mainly dance, electro, chill, trance and club music. It has quite an 80's sound to it in places. This is a experimental fusion track of many different styles so there is a bit for most people to like in one way or another. In this I mainly used a synth called vanguard which has many dance sounds and deep pads (electronic string sections), it also has a very powerful automatic pulse gate, which I can get amazing trance and dance anthem effects. I also used the Emulation of the Yamaha CS-80 again as its got proven 80-'s type sounds (picture at the bottom of the page)

I also made custom effects for this including tape flanger, plate reverb and spring echo/reverb (from an old Hammond organ).

The rest of the effects were from my Behringer SFX unit and vocoder (which I didn't get a chance to use on this song, but maybe in the future), I will post a link to a vocoder song at the bottom of the page, which was made by me and stars my voice.

So enough waffling here is the song: https://youtu.be/Tm3C01DvjQ8

Here is the Vocoder song with me singing: https://youtu.be/1RocV0GKFwU

Here is picture of the Yamaha CS-80 I use:

I've decided to create a video of what I do to create a tune in cubase, but am still deciding how to do it.
Good morning Stuart

An idea to help you. If you remember the link to Zags work, where he filmed his studio at home and the piece of music he put together using a cam to record everything and making it into a track at the same time. He created a 'live' effect which showed his mate playing around on the keys and adding more tracks on the keyboards, all in about 2 minutes. If someone could film you in action or if you could set it up yourself, could be the way to go
Gate Keeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:42   #22
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Ill think about doing something like that in the near future. My brothers got a camera, so I can ask him. I'm just learning to use adobe premier at the moment so live footage should become possible, in the next couple of weeks. I will have to do research on how to make it look truly live, but I can see that being a possibility.
Old 10th November 2015, 18:20   #23
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

10th Nov :

I have been playing around in the last few days and not making tracks. I played with my keyboards and sampler, And loaded a few tracks off the multi-track recorder. Today I made a rock song with some orchestral styles in practice for more attractive songs which I have planned for the weekend (from older material).

This sounds dark and light, has a slight rock genre with orchestral and big band styling's.

with guitars recorded last week.

here it is: https://youtu.be/aXSyVcIP6-o

Working on this forum song with inspiration from lots of artists, which will probably take me a week and a bit to prepare. The swing in the vote is rock with styles of classical workings. But will have to wait a few days to get the verdict from the vote.
Old 11th November 2015, 13:31   #24
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

11th Nov:

I've turned Dystopian peace into a long running project and am adding parts onto it so it will soon become a dark symphony. I've decided to do this as its one of the most popular videos going on my channel at nearly 150 views It took me a while to resurrect it as The folder was hidden within thousands of cubase files and projects aren't always named by what they finally are named when launched onto YouTube. Now that I've found it I will make a series of about three videos plus a final master mix of "Dystopian Peace".

This is part two of dystopian peace: https://youtu.be/SXryANM3goI?list=PL...0fBQ0jV2TaMLIR
Part three of dystopian peace: https://youtu.be/ZEhOZtCeMU4

I'm also working on a multi genre rock piece which is part classical, part rock and sounds more like dark rock at the moment, I don't know if it will become the forum piece but will have to see how it turns out like.

Here is two rock songs which are unfinished, you decide which one is good enough to develop into a song (if non are picked I will produce another two and there fought, until I get it right): https://youtu.be/GZrAO2Skmis P.S: I launched this earlier and it still hasn't processed so it may take a while before you can get access to it.

I've also got a classical piece on the back burner, which only has piano at the moment and may not be used for a while.

I'm thinking about doing a semi live presentation, but finding time when my brother can come over and film it will take a while but should be able to get something together by Christmas. I'm thinking of it starting with drums and then recording sections in with my keyboard and organ, then layering squeeze box and bass over the top, while having the screen showing four parts being played at the same time.

P.S there is one electronic piece which I wrote last night and released late: https://youtu.be/_XjDpU9mFgk

P.S 18:50: I have written another rock song this one is more of a slow rock, with use of lots of interesting instruments and distortion effects. The song is called flashpoint and I recorded it using my Yamaha Tyros: https://youtu.be/eC5kGaAy08w

Latest edit: Im now burning off the dystopian peace extended play/remix: should be up in half an hour.

This is an old track which is my last extended play, its a mishmash of electonic and dance tunes made for a final college project which got me good marks: https://youtu.be/NCjzRR9tkms?t=53s

Last edited by maxxpump; 11th November 2015 at 19:27..
maxxpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2015, 19:51   #25
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default Dystopian Peace the Extended Edition :)

I have done it I have finished writing the whole of dystopian peace which is now up on YouTube. It is a fifteen minute piece which different electronic and dance sounds combined with a darkness and sweeping soundscape's.

Switch this on sit back and relax and take yourself away to another dimension, imagine a world which has been flipped upside down, a world were peace is not around any corner, The world is bare and barren, scorched earth after full out war, a world controlled by superpowers whom are lost their grip decades ago, a fictional war, the war that no one hears or comes back from. this is a dystopian future, a future we hope to god never happens to us...our children, their grand children, their great grand children, so on an so fought.

Based on novels like blade runner, 1984, the fifth element etc...

https://youtu.be/_Rs42EmqBCg

My last song I'm doing tonight is a bluesy, electronic, jazz piece, or fusion style. It as sounds of 50's jazz to it if thats your style. It has lots of EP piano and Hammond B3 sounds. Here it is, Jazz Masters: https://youtu.be/y2wl374PjuY

Id like to thank mark green whom supported me with this project and gave me brilliant insight into how to program vintage synths.

Last edited by maxxpump; 11th November 2015 at 22:21..
Old 11th November 2015, 20:23   #26
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
I have done it I have finished writing the whole of dystopian peace which is now up on YouTube.
Well done Stuart.

Quote:
Switch this on sit back and relax and take yourself away to another dimension, imagine a world which has been flipped upside down, a world were peace is not around any corner, The world is bare and barren, scorched earth after full out war, a world controlled by superpowers whom are lost their grip decades ago, a fictional war, the war that no one hears or comes back from. this is a dystopian future, a future we hope to god never happens to us...our children, their grand children, their great grand children, so on an so fought.
That sounds like all us lot here on the Club.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 15:02   #27
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

I've been taking a break as I had a bout of writers block and couldn't for the life of me make a good tune. Now I've had a couple of days just playing I've made a song which is just purely synths and nothing more.

The song is called slow uptake: https://youtu.be/fFJ7uxwhg5w

Here is a jazzy piece which I produced back on the 11th Nov: https://youtu.be/y2wl374PjuY

Last edited by maxxpump; 18th November 2015 at 10:28..
Old 19th November 2015, 11:32   #28
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

I've been working on plugging my channel more in the last few days and have not had much time for creating as much music as I had been doing before. I have been trying to run an AD campaign through Google and had initially used the dystopian peace song as a header video for my channel ad. After one night I got seven clicks and seventy one views, but decided to pull the AD as it wasn't suitable for the audience I was thinking of pulling. So I decided to make a new dancer song and have a text based advert, leading to my channel. It took me three days to set-up the AD using Google Ad-words, just to do it again today, hopefully with better results, ill let everyone know how I got on if anyone's interested.

Here is a track which I produced for my ad campaign called Rush, it is a 90's euro electro pop song, which I produced over two days: Rush

I also made this yesterday night: https://youtu.be/Q2jl42CWJUM
and
a ballad: https://youtu.be/eS48zyruFl8

Also I am slowly working on the rock track based on the forum and rover marque, but with all the other work I've been doing its on the back burner at the moment.

Last edited by maxxpump; 21st November 2015 at 14:38..
Old 21st November 2015, 14:37   #29
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

21st Nov

I've been spending the morning playing around with a synth called the Roland Juno-106 which I rented for the weekend, I have made a new track with it which is now part of the dark electronic music series which started with tracks like dystopian peace and The snow world of zhys. I have recorded a load of synth lines which I will be producing into music in the coming weeks, many will be dark deep electronic tracks, which sounds like works like vangelis, Jean Michele Jarre and Gary Numan and other 80's synth legends.

I'm waiting to rent out a Doepfer which is a truly analogue synth, but have been on a waiting list for months, so don't know hen it will be. When that arrives I shall be doing some off the fly recordings with it and should be able to borrow a camera to do live video with it. I have a small a1000 system but not the full system which I want to borrow.

Here is the track I produced using a Juno-106 and Yamaha CP-80 emulation, It is based on a machine like future which is full of shadows of the unknown, where metallic creatures may lurk, it has lots of atmosphere and with a electro rock vibe: Future being

The ads not going to bad, but have not gained any more video views than my account was already getting, which hopefully I can sort out with a third, but more eye caching advert for my channel. Hopefully I can design something myself, but may have to get in touch with someone who has done adverts in the past.

Last edited by maxxpump; 21st November 2015 at 19:40..
Old 25th November 2015, 10:26   #30
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

hello, this week I've finished off the advertising, which got me seventy views for around a tenner, so I won't be doing that again. I've been doing art work for my various sites and set up my own web page with a album for download.

I've also changed my account name to my old band name "Unchained ExeDist".
We came up with that name in 1998 and started making electronic music then.

I've also made a few dance songs, electronic pieces and classical compositions. So I've been fairly busy. I'm now saving up for a new keyboard as my workstation has died at 14 years old which is not good for a Yamaha keyboard.

I hope to get extra money from my patreon campaign and be able to get a controller keyboard.

I've decided to update this thread once per week, as I may only create one or two tracks in a week or up to a half dozen, it depends on the mood. So I will do a end of week summary and make notes along the way.

These are the tracks I've released this week:

Funky Electro
Signs
Delicious
Ain't got time
A step to far
Future being

New as of the 27th Nov
Excalibur
Rift to the 80's
Omnipresent
Down and low
The next phase

My personal favourites are Funky electro, Signs and Future being.

I'm still in the process of recording the rock track for the forum, but am waiting for my brother to play some guitar on the recording, which may take a few weeks before he is free to do that. But the song is scored and sounds good in practice. I am currently designing a mix of different songs which should be out next week.

I received an email from Last.fm which basically states that I can't get air time until I get a better following on my other channels and get more subs on my youtube account as they allow links on their website, but will not accept my URL as its too long and needs to be a custom one which requires me having a 100 subs minimum. They also track album downloads from my other site which has sold a few tracks over the last few months, but not enough to get air time. Itunes also turned me down as I don't have enough following and references to be allowed to sell my music on there. So I will keep up my YouTube channel and continue to plug my music and get awareness out there of my existence and may have to do a physical ad campaign.

Last edited by maxxpump; 27th November 2015 at 20:15..