Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th July 2016, 21:52   #11
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazcaz View Post
Sat nav works well (BUT VERY LOUD) even with volume turned to Zero in sound settings so it matches master volume need volume to be the same as master volume....

And i cant seem to find the setting for no music etc when sat nav starts ie only voice if required.
I have the same problem on my Chysler 300c unit, I have played out with the setting on the sys.txt file and have not been able to reduce the announcement volume.

There does not seem to be any volume control for the SAT NAV sound which seems strange all other Android units I have had, had this facility.

One for Sean to talk to the factory about.

Membership No 135

Last edited by tony_fry; 24th July 2016 at 22:04..
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2016, 21:56   #12
jdchap20
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Hi Sean.. Could you tell me when mine will be sent. I will be away on sat for a few days Would appreciate it before I go if possible please. as you know I have quite a few things on order.
jdchap20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2016, 22:00   #13
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
Ok, fitted the unit today;

First thing, the sound....WOW it was like I'd had new speakers fitted to the car...really big improvement. Unfortunately this only worked with CD's and blue tooth music, when playing Spotify premium the sound wasn't as good. None of the music equaliser controls seemed to work with Spotify. Hopefully USB audio will be as good as the CD, haven't checked yet.

Touch screen is wonderful compared to the old win CE unit.

You have to go into settings to get the seeing wheel controls to work.

The screen seems very bright and I've struggled to see non black text on a lot of menus , I can't seem to find a contrast setting.

Seems like the contrast needs to be changed , I found brightness but that doesn't make text in colours other that back easier to read.

Any ideas where contrast is?

All in all a great improvement over the previous unit.

Thanks Sean

I too now have a win CE unit for sale. Any idea what I would ask for it?

Marcus
The contrast is set way to high, if you go to the car settings then the last menu at the bottom. And look for the spanner on the right, click on it and enter code 1260, the go to display you will get the brightness and contrast settings, I have put mine on 30, it will then ask you if you want to reboot.

It might mean playing about with it several times to get it how you like it.

The only down side you have to reset the EQ and the radio station presents each time, so get the resalaution right before you change any other settings.

Hope this helps you all.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 02:15   #14
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdchap20 View Post
Hi Sean.. Could you tell me when mine will be sent. I will be away on sat for a few days Would appreciate it before I go if possible please. as you know I have quite a few things on order.
Hi John Its already in transit. You should have the tracking? I Would guess there Tuesday , Latest Wednesday. Thanks !
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 08:25   #15
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Sean,

I was also wondering about delivery, have not received a a UPS number.

Cheers

Mike
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 14:03   #16
gazcaz

MG ZT

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
The contrast is set way to high, if you go to the car settings then the last menu at the bottom. And look for the spanner on the right, click on it and enter code 1260, the go to display you will get the brightness and contrast settings, I have put mine on 30, it will then ask you if you want to reboot.

It might mean playing about with it several times to get it how you like it.

The only down side you have to reset the EQ and the radio station presents each time, so get the resalaution right before you change any other settings.

Hope this helps you all.
Interesting i shall give this ago to thanks.u mention resalaution hmm might explain why i cant get wallpaper to correct size also any luck in changing weather app from Chinese ...

234th of 2,834 Trophy Blue ZT 190 + Saloons Produced
14th of 27 MG ZTs Produced on 27-09-2001
gazcaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2016, 00:41   #17
Radioguy
Banned

None

Default Re dab

We Have discovered that some units may not have the DAB App Installed from the factory. If thats the case on yours, please contact me , we will send the DAB app for download. Please note this Appworks ONLY with our DAB receiver and Just takes a few moments to install........
Cheers
Old 26th July 2016, 00:47   #18
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantwich 75 View Post
Hi Sean,

I was also wondering about delivery, have not received a a UPS number.

Cheers

Mike
PM Sent Mike , yours was delivered to the access point 21 July , Please collect ASAP
Old 26th July 2016, 01:46   #19
Radioguy
Banned

None

Default Shipping

I am getting several requests on shipping and the units are sitting in the UPS Access points already , we have 43 shipments almost complete so I decied to post here in hopes most will see it but we will notify if a shipment is sitting without being collected for too long. .

Everyone gets notification from Parcel2go to the provided email addresses
regarding Domestic shipments

We use a Shop to Shop courier service available to us via UPS
It allows you to collect the shipment locally and you don't have to wait for or arrange for someone to be there when a courier arrives.
It also seems to be a more desirable service for most people with busy schedules !
If we have your mobile # , we enter it and they will text you when the shipment is available to collect , usually 2 or 3 days from posting. All emails are entered and emails are sent, please check spam if you didnt get yours.

Since we are responsible to get these to everyone, I have a horse in the race and this is the safest way.

- this prevents couriers from arbitrarily dropping parcels in unauthorized locations , like on steps and under cars or at unknown neighbours
- you don't have to be nor arrange for someone to be at home waiting for the courier to come. You can collect it at your convenience.
- fewer hands actually handle the parcel so less chance for loss or damage
- Proper ID is required to collect it so it will be handed over only to the designated receiver
- transit time is reduced. 2 to 3 day service
- signatures are required and recorded in all cases

Over the years we have lost about a dozen units , and in 4 years only one of these has gone astray.

If you did not get tracking, PLEASE do not post here, please PM or email me at [email protected].

Cheers and thank you
Sean (Aka RadioGuy)
Old 26th July 2016, 20:08   #20
beaniedaz

rover 75 saloon

Hi Sean and hi to you guys. I've just received my naval star thank you very much Sean. So I may need a little help with 1 or 2 things in the coming days as I have no idea lol

Last edited by beaniedaz; 26th July 2016 at 20:13..
beaniedaz is offline   Reply With Quote