Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th January 2017, 09:09   #1
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Default I've gone back in time.....

Firstly this isn't a thread knocking Sean and Geoff because they have always been great with me in terms of trying to sort out any issues BUT I'm done with Navalls

The final straw came when I discovered (after installing it) that what I thought was a scratch on the new Navall 3 screen I bought was actually a crack and therefore it was even less responsive than the screen it replaced. My fault entirely, I checked it when it arrived and it was fine but I left it in the boot over Christmas and something must have landed on it.

Anyway, after much swearing I though 'never mind' I'll just stick the original Harmony back in. I also found a Nokia Windows 8 phone I don't use any more and one of those high tech cassette adaptor things........ and I've been pleasantly surprised. Low tech is apparently much more relaxing, it turns on instantly, I can see the name of the radio station again, the reception is about 10x more reliable and the sound quality really isn't that different. The phone works well too (even with the cassette adaptor), the sat nav finds a satellite lock within seconds (rather than minutes) and the mp3 player seems to be much easier to use while driving

Obviously it doesn't look nearly as modern/good but it just works and that makes a refreshing change! I loved my Navall 2 until the screen stopped being touch sensitive but the 3 has been a very poor experience - for me at least.

The point of this? dunno really however if you are feeling 'Navall envy' but can't justify the expense then don't feel that you are necessarily missing out.
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2017, 20:06   #2
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

I use a Windows phone (but with Bluetooth) and they're great. With the voice control switched on I can hop in the car and say "Get me Home" or "Get me to Work" and the sat nav leaps into action. It reads out texts that come in and I can send them by saying "Send text to wifey". For music I say "Play Rolling Stones" :¬)
All built in functionality, no downloading apps that want access to your contacts, photos and inside leg measurement.
Touch screens are sooo last year
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 08:02   #3
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideValve View Post
I use a Windows phone (but with Bluetooth) and they're great. With the voice control switched on I can hop in the car and say "Get me Home" or "Get me to Work" and the sat nav leaps into action. It reads out texts that come in and I can send them by saying "Send text to wifey". For music I say "Play Rolling Stones" :¬)
All built in functionality, no downloading apps that want access to your contacts, photos and inside leg measurement.
Touch screens are sooo last year
I do intend refining the set up slightly and I've ordered one of the adaptor leads that plug into the cd changer socket so I can loose the cassette adaptor but I think that will do for now. I never seem to have much success with the Windows voice controller but I may give it another go. Jabbing away at an unresponsive touch screen while swearing loudly is so 2016

Save
ve

Last edited by Dragrad; 18th January 2017 at 02:28.. Reason: Post edited to comply with Club Rules
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote