Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd January 2017, 10:07   #1
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Default My father in laws silver Zt battery died after 4 years

I gave my father-in-law my ZT auto CDTI earlier this year when I purchased the yellow peril, and the battery gave up the ghost yesterday so a quick trip to euros and job done Shame the battery only lasted 4 years. At least it only lets him down on the driveway.

Maybe it's me but I expected the battery to last a little bit longer than four years.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 10:12   #2
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Was it a Lion brand?
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 10:38   #3
Mickyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
Was it a Lion brand?
No the battery that was on the car was BOSCH 3 year warranty, I replaced it with this EXIDE battery

Hopefully this will last a while. We have had some -5 temps recently
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

[/SIZE]
Old 22nd January 2017, 10:44   #4
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

I had a Bosch silver that failed after 3.5yrs (4yr warranty on it but that's another story).

I decided to buy a quality battery for a change and got a good deal online for a Bosch silver with a 4yr warranty. With 7 months warranty left it failed. I contacted the company who said I would have to courier return it to them at my cost for them to test and if it was a manufacturing fault they would take an appropriate amount of the next battery I bought of them.

The amount they offered off another battery from them was £9.17 (battery cost, divided by warranty months (48), times months left on warranty), they refused to refund the amount.

Taking into consideration the cost of having to courier a heavy battery back to them it simply wasn't worth it.

These days I buy the cheapest battery I can get and count anything over a year as a bonus as I'm told within a year they have to replace by law.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham

Last edited by Mogodon; 22nd January 2017 at 10:47..
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 10:53   #5
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Batteries these days dont seem to last but with all the gismos on cars its hardly surprising. The Lion battery that ECP do never last Ive changed about 4 in the last 2 years and fair enough they change them but you only get the remainder of the original warranty. A pain in the ass if they go flat tho. I do short journeys and when I hear my battery start to go low on power I now pop it on charge for a few hours just to keep it topped up.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 15:11   #6
Mickyboy

Yeah lion batteries from eurocarparts are a joke, had a number of them before on different cars and they hardly ROAR into life, personally I think they should call them PUSSY batteries or scaredy-cat batteries, because any cold night frightens them 😮

[/SIZE]