Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th October 2013, 20:28   #21
galaxyclass
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainKing View Post
I believe this is the pipe I need cuz he said they are welded together and have 2 right angles on it. Where can I buy this and the silicone hose with bleed screw?
I would get in touch with one of the traders on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovema75 View Post
Thats what you need to find out!

You or your garage will need to be really methodical about this rather than just throwing new parts at it. Find out whats gone wrong.
Agreed, something does not add up here. Shame youre not closer to me, I would take a look. Are none of the traders on here close to you?
Mods done - Spyhole mod - Xenons - Blue dash lights (except message centre) - VIS indicators - Illuminated sun visors - Drivers grab handle - Smiley plate - Rear electric blind - Handbrake compensator.

Mods to do - Powerfolds - Better ICE - Headlight washers - Heated seats - cruise - And loads more i can't remember.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Dragrad; 16th October 2013 at 23:44.. Reason: consecutive posts
galaxyclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 20:30   #22
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyclass View Post
Agreed, something does not add up here. Shame youre not closer to me, I would take a look. Are none of the traders on here close to you?
With this taking place while the engine was idling, I would still be recommending a close look at the operation of the cooling fan.

I do rather feel with respect, that the OP is missing the point here - there may well be leaking pipes, but I would want to know why before I replaced anything. The coolant does not pressurise and boil over without reason.

Last edited by Dragrad; 14th November 2013 at 01:40.. Reason: consecutive posts - use the Edit ;-)
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 22:02   #23
BrainKing
Banned

MG ZT+ 2003, 2.5 V6, 160bhp

Omg this is doing my head in (

I will ask what is causing the coolant to boil out of the radiator cap then.

Anyone on this forum who lives fairly close?
BrainKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 22:07   #24
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

Quote:

No offense meant Brainking!

You might need to be pro-active and ask the garage exactly how they are reaching their conclusions.
Old 16th October 2013, 22:12   #25
BrainKing
Banned

Well they said they did a pressure test and found a leak in the coolant hose. They said it has corroded in and they need replacing. So the leak wont have anything to do with the coolant boiling over? And if the fan works behind the grill (they can only test this by linking it up to an external battery atm right..?), then it means the thermostat is stuck closed? Or will it stop once the hoses are replaced to stop the leak?
Old 16th October 2013, 22:18   #26
galaxyclass
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:

Yes ask the garage, In my opinion they need to,

If there is a leak or damaged hose replace it,
Fill the system correctly with coolant,
Run the engine and check the low speed works on the radiator fan,
Check the thermostat opens at the correct temperature.

Quote:
Well they said they did a pressure test and found a leak in the coolant hose. They said it has corroded in and they need replacing. So the leak wont have anything to do with the coolant boiling over? And if the fan works behind the grill (they can only test this by linking it up to an external battery atm right..?), then it means the thermostat is stuck closed? Or will it stop once the hoses are replaced to stop the leak?
The low speed can be tested by pressing the demist button when the car is first started.
Mods done - Spyhole mod - Xenons - Blue dash lights (except message centre) - VIS indicators - Illuminated sun visors - Drivers grab handle - Smiley plate - Rear electric blind - Handbrake compensator.

Mods to do - Powerfolds - Better ICE - Headlight washers - Heated seats - cruise - And loads more i can't remember.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Dragrad; 16th October 2013 at 23:49.. Reason: consecutive posts
Old 16th October 2013, 22:21   #27
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

Sam, go to bed.

Tomorrow with fresh eyes read posts 18 and 19 which tell you clearly how to test the fan.

Of course leaking pipes are a problem, and they need to be fixed as well.

Night night!
Old 16th October 2013, 22:32   #28
BrainKing
Banned

I know you said u can test the fan behind the grill by pressing the demist, but at work someone said the fan which is behind the grill and the fan behind the dash are different and the dashboard fan demists the car and doesnt involve the grill fan. Is this not true?

Also we cant really run the engine for long because it will seize up if no coolant is getting to it hence leaking.
Old 16th October 2013, 22:36   #29
galaxyclass
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

Quote:
I know you said u can test the fan behind the grill by pressing the demist, but at work someone said the fan which is behind the grill and the fan behind the dash are different and the dashboard fan demists the car and doesnt involve the grill fan. Is this not true?

Also we cant really run the engine for long because it will seize up if no coolant is getting to it hence leaking.
That's not true.

It won't seize if the leak is repaired and fresh coolant is put in as per my previous post.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16th October 2013, 22:37   #30
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

Quote:

As already explained, the fan behind the grill is also used by the air-conditioning. So when you press the demist button, the fan behind the grill should operate because that's where the aircon condenser is situated.