Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th February 2015, 13:49   #1
RobRoy
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default Rover 75 Club SE 1.8 Turbo Scrap value only

Sadly I'm scrapping my beloved 1.8 Turbo petrol automatic after seven years devoted service!! I bought the car in 2007 and it ran beautifully for about three years when, in my ignorance, it ran low on coolant and overheated. Doggedly I rebuilt the engine using the new multi-layer gasket. Unfortunately, again in my ignorance, a local garage had used heat to remove the con-rod from a damaged piston I had replaced. Two years later the said piston decided to fly off the crank and through the crankcase. A second re-build was successful using parts from a scrap engine sourced in Scotland. Just before Christmas last year, on the way home from shopping, the car began to overheat again. This time it was pitch black night-time on a rural part of the motorway. My wife was with me and I decided it was better to risk the car than our lives on the hard shoulder. We pushed it and pushed it and eventually limped off the slip road about four miles further on. RAC got us home that night on the back of a lorry. About two days later I stripped off the cam-cover, slackened the stretch-bolts, re-torqued them to the correct settings and hey presto, after about five minutes cranking it sparked into life. Sadly, water was spilling out of the back of the engine. A quick camera inspection revealed it was coming from the inlet manifold. On removal it was obvious that the heat of the engine had melted the plastic manifold and the gasket had more or less shriveled. I've since replaced the car with a Volvo S60 and its breaking my heart to think of the car being scrapped. I'm prepared to offer the car for scrap value only on condition that the buyer agrees to rebuild the car for his own use as otherwise it would be easier for me simply to get it towed away. I live in the Merseyside Area. Message me for more details if necessary. The car is MOT'd till October 2015 The price is £190 ONO.

Last edited by RobRoy; 23rd February 2015 at 20:23..
RobRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2015, 16:58   #2
RobRoy
Regular poster

Rover 75

Last chance scrapping this week
RobRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2015, 17:04   #3
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

perhaps a few pics might help others
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2015, 17:57   #4
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

What colour is it? What general condition is it in? Is it a saloon or tourer? What is the interior colour? How many miles has it done?

A couple of pics would do wonders.

Might be interested myself.
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote