Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th September 2011, 19:19   #1
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Default A bit of help needed with Primo & settings

Hi My DD is now in and working. I tried but failed to copy primo onto a card and install it.
I had the 2 branding and data files unzipped and other files loaded.
Selected the primo file in setup, it starts loading and the gives me a Content error -global CFG not found. Am I missing a file ?
Anyone got a list of what should be on the micro card. It was all downloaded from Tony's file on Sugarsink.

Is primo worth the effort if IGO 8 seems to be doing the job-albeit not as well as my garmin.

The next proble I had tonight, was that it will not go from the GPS to radio etc and settings. No home screen symbol, and when I press the power button, long or short it switch off.

What am I doing wrong ?
I have read the posts over and over but am now just confused

Thanks in advance

Craig
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 21:02   #2
spyder
This is my second home

Thinking of asking the mods to move this to the social form for better coverage
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
Old 15th September 2011, 22:48   #3
Vic Small

Rover 75 CDTI Contemporary

Hi, attached is a pdf of all the files in my Primo directory, this is as delivered from Tony Fry. Hope it helps.

I'd certainly recommend Primo over IGO, much better looking and loads more features as far as I could see. Takes some time to fine tune but well worth the effort.

I had an issue like yours once and it was cured by a reset - little pinhole in top right of unit on mine.

In general my DD has been great, only gripe is how bright it is at night, I can't understand why the unit doesn't reduce the brightness significantly when you switch on the car lights or have an easy to reach setting, otherwise no problems, apart from still not being able to get the steering controls working of course, one day..:-)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Primo files.pdf (62.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 15th September 2011, 22:53   #4
spyder
This is my second home

Thanks, I am sure that will be a big help. It seems one has to press the "loud" button to get back to the home menu. This after doing the reset.

Thanks.

Craig
Old 15th September 2011, 22:58   #5
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Small View Post
Hi, attached is a pdf of all the files in my Primo directory, this is as delivered from Tony Fry. Hope it helps.

I'd certainly recommend Primo over IGO, much better looking and loads more features as far as I could see. Takes some time to fine tune but well worth the effort.

I had an issue like yours once and it was cured by a reset - little pinhole in top right of unit on mine.

In general my DD has been great, only gripe is how bright it is at night, I can't understand why the unit doesn't reduce the brightness significantly when you switch on the car lights or have an easy to reach setting, otherwise no problems, apart from still not being able to get the steering controls working of course, one day..:-)
Vic, If you push and Hold the Mute button the Screen will go dark
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 23:40   #6
Vic Small

Rover 75 CDTI Contemporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Vic, If you push and Hold the Mute button the Screen will go dark
Sure, but then you can't see the screen of course :-)
I'd just like it to go to 10/20% brightness otherwise its way to bright for driving outside of town. You can change the brightness via the control panel but that needs several button presses and you have to stop the music play etc
Like I said not critical but would be much preferred if it was possible.