Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th September 2011, 19:50   #111
Customs Inc
Loves to post

'01 Conn Se Raven Black tourer, 2000 2.5 Classic grey saloon

I don't suppose you have the section of boot floor/rear chassis rail above the o/s/r do you before it goes tithe scrap heap?!
Old 12th September 2011, 22:38   #112
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Mk1, Rover 75 Mk2, MGZT-260 Rover 75 CDTI Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customs Inc View Post
I don't suppose you have the section of boot floor/rear chassis rail above the o/s/r do you before it goes tithe scrap heap?!
Sorry C.I, I have kept the boot floor and the 'T' section comprising the scuttle and gearbox tunnel as these parts are the V8 specific bits required to modify a standard 75/ZT shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
I see you have the same great taste in vans as me also, they are wonderful things arnt they. Are you still staying auto with the car?
Hi Colin, yes mate, superb vans Berlingo's and Partners. I have 1 of each at the moment and I am currently looking to buy a new shape LX or Enterprise. With regard to 005, it is and always has been manual, Tonybubble has the only ZT auto... 007, under repairs at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I would be interested in knowing if T4 is able to interrogate this car as I gather that before I bought mine, he had not been able to do it - he tried. I am right am I not Corin? All sorts of minor electrical problems remain which I have not posted about and apologise for commenting as this thread is really about the excellent restoration of this heritage motor.
Hi GK, I can see no reason as to why T4 would not be able to interrogate your car and I'm pretty sure that Corin would be more than happy to try again for you. You are welcome to PM me if you wish listing the problems you have, I am an Auto Electrician by trade and I will happily assist with any questions you have. My diagnostic software will access many of the systems on the 75/ZT's but unfortunately anything requiring programming/reconfiguring can only be done with T4

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st October 2012 at 03:48.. Reason: Consecutive posts
75.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 12:00   #113
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Thanks John

Clearly I was incorrect about T4 not being able to connect to the 1998 V6 and now see light at the end of the tunnel again

I suspect Corin is a busy man and may not have time to see me or whatever.

I will pm you John.

Thanks

Phil
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 12:07   #114
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thanks John

Clearly I was incorrect about T4 not being able to connect to the 1998 V6 and now see light at the end of the tunnel again

I suspect Corin is a busy man and may not have time to see me or whatever.

I will pm you John.

Thanks

Phil
Phil, I don’t know if it is a difference on the earlier cars ECU’s or something, but when my MOA (VIN 001482) was serviced by Kerridges a year or so ago they also found their T4 couldn’t talk to the car. I have also heard other reports of this being the case too. Don’t worry though, as the earlier T1, which preceded T4 seems to work fine with all the earlier 'problem cars’.
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 08:34   #115
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Thanks Lewis. I now remember you had told me this when you did the handover of LJ but had since forgotten. I have put up a post elsewhere to ask for guidance about T1. Cheers mate! Thanks to the guys on the V8 as I know this is not relevant.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 20:15   #116
Avid contributor

Popped in to pester Corin yesterday and collected a pair of Mk2 front bumper foam supports and a pair of front electric seat frames with switch packs. The eventual aim is to remove the interior from my 75 Contemporary and install this into 005, I will leave the HK setup in the Contemporary though, as I do not want to be listening to the wireless in 005, I just want to listen to the burble from the rear I have a 75 Connoisseur with leather heated, but not power seats, I will remove the front covers and re-trim the seat frames from Corin and install this interior into the Contemporary along with the other spare genuine walnut dash pack that I have and turn this car into a Connoisseur. At some stage in the not too distant future, I intend to fit the Diesel engine and autobox from one of my other 75's (yes, I do seem to have a few don't I into this one and make it a real nice useable everyday car. Hopefully, one day, I'll use this car in the week and take 005 out for a leisurely, nice gentle sedate bimble (yeh, right!) in the Countryside at a weekend. This gives me a whole week to save up for the fuel

Last edited by 75.0; 18th September 2011 at 20:17..
75.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 10:31   #117
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

you must be having a well earned rest John !!!
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 19:09   #118
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
you must be having a well earned rest John !!!
Hi David, I am sort of resting mate, still waiting for the chap to deliver the 75 connie donor. 'Till then I'm kind of stuffed really. Corin is working on a list of bits for me aswell, so it's all "life in the slow lane" at this present time. Still, it has been nice to relax with me feet up, wotchin telly
I'll post something as soon as I can, honest guv!
Old 9th October 2011, 19:40   #119
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75.0 View Post
Hi David, I am sort of resting mate, still waiting for the chap to deliver the 75 connie donor. 'Till then I'm kind of stuffed really. Corin is working on a list of bits for me aswell, so it's all "life in the slow lane" at this present time. Still, it has been nice to relax with me feet up, wotchin telly
I'll post something as soon as I can, honest guv!
John

Only teasing, to get this far is an achievement in it's own right. Like 007, it's a development car, so lots of it was made up on the hoof so to speak.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 21:44   #120
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
John

Only teasing, to get this far is an achievement in it's own right. Like 007, it's a development car, so lots of it was made up on the hoof so to speak.
"Made up on the hoof" Still is mate, not much has changed there then