Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st May 2011, 23:10   #31
MisterTomez
Gets stuck in

'00 BMW 535i Auto M-Sport, '99 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto

I can't believe the progress you're making on this, absolutely brilliant!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Trimmed like a first class cabin on the Titanic...before it sank." ---------- "The LPG'd, civilized psychopath."
MisterTomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 23:29   #32
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Mk1, Rover 75 Mk2, MGZT-260 Rover 75 CDTI Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTomez View Post
I can't believe the progress you're making on this, absolutely brilliant!
Thanks MisterTomez, to coin a phrase, I've started so I'll finish!
Old 22nd May 2011, 10:16   #33
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

And some may take the project and take years, you really are motoring with this one, keep up the good work and well done so far
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:07   #34
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quite inspirational in terms of how quickly you are moving with this! It would be really great if you were able to take photos and post up as you went along....
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 17:05   #35
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Quite inspirational in terms of how quickly you are moving with this! It would be really great if you were able to take photos and post up as you went along....
No worries Zeb, took these yesterday to post last night, posted the words but forgot the pictures. I'm tired, well that's my excuse anyway...senility doesn't come into it!
Will post some more soon. I have some fiddly bits to do at the moment, the fuel lines and battery cable run on the opposite sides between 005 & 577,and 005 doesn't have enough studs for the mounting clips on either side, I need to see if my mate still has my old Rothenberger so that I can spot some new studs along the floor. It's silly little jobs like this that take all the time and also hold up progress, I can't refit the rear axle cradle or fuel tank until all the rear studs are done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Axle 2.jpg (139.5 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg Axle 3.jpg (142.9 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg Axle 4.jpg (138.2 KB, 275 views)
Old 22nd May 2011, 17:12   #36
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Excellent stuff! What is even more amazing is that you are not even doing this in a garage! Hope the rain holds off!
Old 22nd May 2011, 17:31   #37
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Excellent stuff! What is even more amazing is that you are not even doing this in a garage! Hope the rain holds off!
Yeh, the rain running down the back of your neck, down your trousers and filling your boots up is definitely not funny anymore, been there, done that! Fortunately though, it is only 577 that is being stripped outside. 005 is in my garage up on stands and I can slide in & out on a creeper, apart from my belly sometimes getting a bit close to things I tell you what mate, removing the rear cradle, propshaft and exhaust system as a whole unit was a very entertaining job, and the best bit is, I've got to put it all back in to 005, oh such fun & frivolity
Old 22nd May 2011, 20:11   #38
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Not quite so bad then if you have her under cover..... I can imagine removal of cradle, prop and exhaust all in one was pretty memorable....re-fitting will, no doubt, be an equally laughter-filled afternoon...
Old 22nd May 2011, 23:03   #39
Avid contributor

Hi Guys, as many of you are aware, I am rebuilding 005 (saloon) using 577 (tourer) as a donor. I was looking to install the rear cradle but have come up with a difference. 005 is obviously an early Pro Drive car and 577 is a 2004 Mk2 facelift. My problem is that 577 has 2 extra mounting bolts on a small welded plate,(1 either side) and 005 doesn't even have holes for them in the chassis. Is this a late modification for any problems that MGR had come across? Are these bolt holes required or were they only used on a tourer?
If they are needed, I will cut them out of 577 and weld them in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have posted this on the Two-Sixties as well but so far have had no luck
1 005 with no mount holes
2 577 same area but with mount holes drilled and small threaded re-enforcing plate welded on
3 The mounting point in question

Just had the answer to this question over on the two-sixties, Jolly informative chaps, and real nice too! Thanks to scooter for his help You need to use the other two mounting bolts. The Prodrive cars were only for test purposes and were only a lash up to try the concept. For contunues use the four bolts would not be strong enough and you would risk pulling the frame out of the body.
I sorta guessed this was going to be the answer! oops, that's just slowed the build pace down a bit, neighbours won't be too chuffed with the grinder and mig at night Oh well, time to get the tin opener and glue gun out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image021.jpg (135.1 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Image024.jpg (141.0 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg Image023.jpg (136.7 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st October 2012 at 03:55.. Reason: Consecutive posts
75.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 21:50   #40
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75.0 View Post
Just had the answer to this question over on the two-sixties, Jolly informative chaps, and real nice too! Thanks to scooter for his help You need to use the other two mounting bolts. The Prodrive cars were only for test purposes and were only a lash up to try the concept. For contunues use the four bolts would not be strong enough and you would risk pulling the frame out of the body.
I sorta guessed this was going to be the answer! oops, that's just slowed the build pace down a bit, neighbours won't be too chuffed with the grinder and mig at night Oh well, time to get the tin opener and glue gun out

Glad you found the answer....wasn't something I could help you with tbh... Excellent resource is the 260s....also worth a look at Spunagain's website...hmmm...currently not available Think the 260s guys are looking into this..