Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th November 2010, 22:43   #11
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I do agree that it is wrong that new member sometimes pay considerably less than longstanding ones,however,i consider my subscription of around £110 with RAC worth every penny.I have the top level of cover for all three of my cars,or myself as passenger in any other car.It's complete peace of mind to me that i can call on them 24/7 365 days a year.I've not needed them often thankfully but when i have they have dug me out of some fairly deep holes.When you consider that just one tow of a motorway in the middle of the night can cost hundreds of pounds,just one call out more than covers the subscription.Furthermore my level of subscription ensures i'm taken home,with or without the car.
I also dont have a problem with the roadside people .
been with the AA for near 20 years and they have pulled me to garages and off motorways on many an occasion , without a doubt they are a superior RECOVERY institution but if it,s something a bit too technical for them i always prefer them to get me to a garage that knows their stuff .
My lasting memory of them is when i didn,t call them out for 3 years then had the misfortune to buy a complete lemon of a car that brokedown 6 times in 6 months , they bumped me up to the highest rate on renewal as i had used them over 5 times in a year , no mention of the 40 odd months i didn,t use them .
Oh well rules is rules i suppose
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 23:00   #12
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

I just feel that in the bigger picture of what we spend on our cars,sometimes gratuitously,breakdown insurance is money wisely spent.The RAC may well offer new members a discount to join but after the first year does this revert to the normal annual membership fee?

I put it down as a business expence anyways

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 04:32   #13
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

In Oz they call them RatBags

Mind you in Oz if you have had a few too many they call it Ratarse

Edd
Old 13th November 2010, 06:05   #14
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

The AA is also out here in Kenya and the membership I have with them includes the Flying Doctor Service. Both together costs me about 50 quid a year, which is value for money. It is pity that admin in the UK at the AA don't sing the same tune as the guys who have to deal with public face to face.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 06:15   #15
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

I've watched a couple of those shows where the boss of a large company goes and works on the front line incognito. Every one of them go back to the office with their eyes wide open and understand the complexities of their decisions on the workers.

Perhaps the bosses at the AA or RAC should do the same.

There are those who can and those who only talk about it. Doing it is a lot different.

Edd
Old 13th November 2010, 06:37   #16
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

since i have had starbug3 i had to use the aa at least 5 times ,3 or 4 hirer cars of them thankfully over 2 membership years and having a joint member gives a bit more call outs i have been in the AA about 26 years at a guess and they have been good for the call outs but not cheap - its a shame they seldom offer long service folk good deals all they want is the money off who ever ........

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote