Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd May 2024, 12:49   #174291
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Afternoon all, got some good news for yer , or in some people will see it bad news😀.
I’ve been given the ok to get my driving licence back, by the time I fully get back to work, I will have been off for 3 years.
Part of things are still not sorted for me yet, I can’t renew my bus licence just yet, I had my left eye cataract removed in January but even 4 months later is hadn’t allowed full vision from it yet.
I have been to eye clinic every 2 weeks or 4 weeks, but each time it hadn’t improved other than a tiny bit, I have to go for another appointment a week today, and this time I’m possibly going to see the cornea drs, if they don’t like what they can see, I may be put for a transplant of a cornea, which might fully replace my eyesight. So will see what happens next week.
Old 2nd May 2024, 13:59   #174292
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Hey Rich, Hows it going? That's good news about the licence mate I hope the eye condition improves for you to, Fingers crossed. .

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2024, 14:04   #174293
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Bootiful day here now, Even got my t-shirt off I've just noticed the grapevine is already putting out tiny bunches of grapes already with this hot weather.

Old 2nd May 2024, 14:37   #174294
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

We're having some meatballs & homemade red pepper, garlic, onion & tinned toms sauce with spaghetti for tea tonight with two garlic baguettes.

Old 2nd May 2024, 14:42   #174295
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Afternoon all, got some good news for yer , or in some people will see it bad news😀.
I’ve been given the ok to get my driving licence
Great news Rich, major step forward.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2024, 15:35   #174296
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Good news Rich. Well done that man!

One observation from 10 days touring the west of the emerald isle.... driving is a delight there with very few cars and sympathetic drivers. The poor news is that I didn't see a single 75 or ZT over 10 days of driving!

The hire car had "lane assist" warning beepers and it didn't like my "reading the road"! It's beeps had me shouting "Shutup!" in the style of the sargeant major from It aint arf hot mum! It did however, return around 55 mpg, brim to brim! (Opel Crossland diesel - 1.5 I believe).

We visited Cong (Quiet man village) and we thought that the first three letters of the name summed it up. The museum was a small house, with a shop upstairs, selling all the usual touristy tat and also selling tickets for the "walking tour"! Hollywoodwashing at its best! The "Yanks" seemed to be lapping it up!

A great 10 days, spoiled by the sheer hell that is Stansted Airport. We booked the "Escape Lounge" going out, to literally escape the hordes and it was worth the money despite the rubbish "greasy spoon" breakfast that was dried up and having to eat it off a low coffee table. We didn't drink (alcahol) as we hardly ever do, and I had to drive the car later. Some others made hefty use of the free drinks and I am amazed that they could stagger onto a plane! We hit the coffee and tea machine pretty hard though!

Hotels only for us now as the self catering is a bind and the half boards or all inclusive hotels can work out cheaper than the DIY holidays.