Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th June 2011, 13:32   #1
Simulator
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default Rover 75 Airbag warning light

Hi all
I bought my Rover 75 last Christmas and love it. It came with a few warning lights on which I have solved, but the airbag warning light is the one that has me beaten. The car has not been in an accident to my knowledge, any suggestions would be great.
Simulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 14:04   #2
raymond moore
Regular poster

ROVER75 tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simulator View Post
Hi all
I bought my Rover 75 last Christmas and love it. It came with a few warning lights on which I have solved, but the airbag warning light is the one that has me beaten. The car has not been in an accident to my knowledge, any suggestions would be great.
check the wire connections under the drivers seat. dont atempt anything until the engine is switched off,then waite 10/15 mins just fiddle with the connection pushing them together with a bit of luck it could solve the problem, thats what a friend of mine did with my car.silent polcemen, poor road serfaces can all help to loosen the connections.
raymond moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 14:06   #3
raymond moore
Regular poster

ROVER75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond moore View Post
check the wire connections under the drivers seat. dont atempt anything until the engine is switched off,then waite 10/15 mins just fiddle with the connection pushing them together with a bit of luck it could solve the problem, thats what a friend of mine did with my car.silent polcemen, poor road serfaces can all help to loosen the connections.
raymond moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 14:44   #4
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

You may find the last post of this thread of interest.... ideally though you need a T4 session to pinpoint the exact issue.
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 16:25   #5
welstrung

Rover 75 1.8 club tourer, 53 plate, Factory gas conversion.

Same happened to me, The red srs light illuminated and wouldnt clear. I simply applied substantial pressure to all the covers (including the rear seat backs) problem solved. Could have been a coincidence but no light showing now
welstrung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 16:36   #6
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

If movement and pressing the connections together under both front seats fails to resolve the issue,remove the airbag fuse and leave twenty minutes,this resets the airbag module
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 16:38   #7
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

There are two connecotr blocks under each front seat. Any one of them can cause the airbag warning. There are obviously several other potential causes, but the under seat connectors cause 99% of this fault.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 08:38   #8
Simulator
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default Airbag light

Many thanks Raymond and all other guys,'so simple' checked all connections under seat and would you believe it - the light went out !!!
Simulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 08:56   #9
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

This happened to me a few weeks ago, nothing loose under the seat. Checked the fuse (No. 18 fuse in passenger side fuse box), fuse looked OK but changed it and light went out and stayed out. Tried this on a w reg 75 belonging to club member with light on the other night, no good, light stayed on. This seems to be a continuing problem with the cars, is it to do with cars getting older?
Freebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 17:03   #10
calibrax
Posted a thing or two

BMW 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebyrd View Post
This happened to me a few weeks ago, nothing loose under the seat. Checked the fuse (No. 18 fuse in passenger side fuse box), fuse looked OK but changed it and light went out and stayed out. Tried this on a w reg 75 belonging to club member with light on the other night, no good, light stayed on. This seems to be a continuing problem with the cars, is it to do with cars getting older?
Bear in mind the connections can look and feel secure but there's a design fault which means that sometimes they still aren't connected properly. Some people have replaced the connectors with different ones to solve the issue, and some have even soldered the connections instead. Failing that... some have solved the issue by replacing the airbag ECU, but that's really an expensive last resort... as has been said, 99% of the time it's the connections.

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 160 (sadly now gone!)
2015 BMW 435d GranCoupe XDrive
calibrax is offline   Reply With Quote