Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th December 2016, 00:32   #1
Rob T

Rover 75

Default Replacement stereo & routing cables behind dash?

Hi everyone,

I have two semi-related questions...

I've recently bought myself a Rover 75 with the Harmony stereo fitted (with a CD changer in the glove box), what I'd like is some means of connecting my phone via bluetooth.

I'm guessing that this isn't possible with the existing unit so I've been looking around at other units. I'm not looking to spend much (so can't really stretch to one of the Android units I've seen pop up in a lot of the searches I've tried on here already). Ideally I'd like to spend less than £150. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just some way to connect the phone to it so that I can stream music / phone calls. In my last car I just did this with an aux cable.

What would I need in order to install a different unit? Obviously a fascia adaptor, but presumably some means of mounting a standard DIN / double DIN cage? And how easy / hard is this?

My second question is about routing cables...

To get power to my phone & satnav I've seen a unit that piggybacks onto a standard fuse and I was going to use that to power a unit which gives 2 USB sockets (one for phone and one for satnav).

For my satnav I would like to route the USB cable behind the dash if possible so that it comes out somewhere near the middle of the dash near the windscreen. For the phone I'd want it to pop out in the corner by the driver's door.

Again, how easy / hard is this? (is it even possible?)

My last car was a Rover 25 (it got written off after someone drove into the side of me last week), in that car levering bits of trim open enough to drop cables through was pretty easy... the 75 seems to be somewhat more robust!

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Rob T is offline   Reply With Quote