Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th January 2016, 10:50   #1
mikedoubleu

Rover 75 Saloon

Default X Reg Rover 75 CDT Club SE

Hi everyone,

I am looking to sell my Rover 75 CDT. As much as I'd like to keep two cars, I dont have the funds to keep them both on the road, and I have nowhere to put one of the cars off the road for any period of time :-(

I'd very much like for the car to go to a forum member so it can either be loved, or used as a donor for a members own cherished car. I've had her for just under 12 months and she has been very reliable, aside from a few common niggles as listed below.

She is an X Reg Rover 75 2.0 CDT with a 160 remap from bigruss

Mileage has just ticked over 114'000 and will go up slightly over the next week or two. When I say slightly, we are talking a couple of hundred miles at the very most.

She is Club SE spec and aside from the items I have done to her, I dont believe there are any optional extras on her.

MOT is valid until 12 March 2016 and will need at least a rear coil spring to pass. Further information on bad bits below.

There are six former keepers before me. Now I know this sounds like a high number. I was certainly surprised by this considering the service history. I always thought that vehicles with a high number of previous keepers meant the car was a lemon. This is NOT the case here.

For the last MOT, I put two new tyres on the front and a new front offside suspension spring.

Service History:

13'600 Miles - Service at RH Collier in Birmingham (October 2001)
28'891 Miles - Service at RH Collier in Birmingham (December 2002)
38'984 Miles - Service at RH Collier in Birmingham (December 2003)
48'407 Miles - Service at RH Collier in Birmingham (January 2005)
56'119 Miles - Service at GR Fellows Motor Co of Tamworth (March 2006)
60'100 Miles - Service at Jones Motor Engineers of Tamworth (Sept 2006)
66'575 Miles - Service at Jones Motor Engineers of Tamworth (June 2006)
72'946 Miles - Service at Jones Motor Engineers of Tamworth (March 2008)
New rear brake pipes (March 2008)
78'088 Miles - Service at Jones Motor Engineers of Tamworth (Feb 2009)
New Catalytic Converter (October 2009)
84'151 Miles - Service at Jones Motor Engineers of Tamworth (Aug 2010)
92'856 Miles - Service at Jones Motor Engineers of Tamworth (Dec 2012)
109'080 Miles - Services by myself in May 2015 with the following items:
Upgraded breather filter to the new BMW oil Seperator
New Oil Filter (Refilled with Fully Synthetic 5w40)
New Air Filter
Replaced perished fuel lines
New exhaust (a relatively cheap steel one)
Cleaned Mass Air Flow sensor
New Track Rods (Ford Galaxy Part, modified to fit)
New Track Rod Ends
Wheel Alignment

I have also fitted PowerFlex poly bushes on the front wishbone rear bushes. When these were fitted, the wishbones were removed, and the ball joints checked. They are all in good condition and new boots were fitted on the bottom hub ball joints. All new bolts were used. As mentioned below, there is a very slight knock from the front of the car, intermittently, and only over bigger pot holes. I have re-torqued up the new pinch nut and bolt on the bottom ball joint and am fairly certain it is not coming from there. As the car has had new track rods, track rod ends, wishbone bushes, and the ball joints have been checked I suspect the noise is coming from the drop links.

Good points:

* Pretty good service history as above
* 160 Remap so she pulls like a train. I dont abuse her, and am no boy racer, but when I need to overtake, the power is definitely there.
* The clutch is in really good condition with no slipping and a good mid way bite point.
* Engine runs really well. No flat spots, no known problems or funny noises.
* Gear changes are as smooth as any 15 year old car I have ever driven. That kind of undersells her actually. The gear change is smoother and more direct than either my wife's Ford Focus or my Sabb 9-3 tbh.
* Webasto fuel burning heater is still installed, but disconnected by removing the fuse. Works fine as far as I am aware.
* Passenger side sunroof drain has been cleaned and re-sealed as it started to leak. As far as I know, everything is now dry.

Bad points and problems:

I just want to prefix this by saying that this is everything I know and can remember is wrong with the car. There may be other bits that are an issue and I cant offer any guarantees. I want to be thorough and dont want anybody to turn up with any overly high expectations of the car. She drives very well, is very reliable and comfortable, but does have her bad bits...

* Bodywork and interior are generally a bit tatty and need some love
* Front drivers wing has a dent in it where somebody closed the bonnet with a screwdriver hanging out of the engine bay. PRobably easier to replace the wing than to repair the tiny crease.
* Front grill is missing one of the plastic fins
* Front drivers fog light is full of condensation
* Front bumper has marks and scuffs and would benefit from replacement/respray
* Rear bumper has marks and scuffs around it and would benefit from replacement/respray
* Boot lid could do with adjustment as sits slightly proud on the passenger side
* Rear window rubber surround is slightly perished but I dont think it leaks
* Rear quarter panel next to the boot lid appears to have worn and thin paint. It looks like somebody regular lent on that panel or over cleaned/polished it. Not obvious unless your looking for it.
* Fabric on the back of the front seats has come unstuck in the cold. Could do with resticking down before it gets worse. (may fix this week)
* The plastic door trims at the edge of the carpets keep popping off every time I put them back on
* The dashboard has a tiny damamged piece of veneer near the central air vents. It took me several months to notice it though.
* The chrome glovebox handle has a pair of deep gouges in it.
* The felt in the glovebox needs sticking back down where I have removed the six disc changer (may fix this week)
* The indicator often does not stay on when indicating right, left works just fine
* Very slight knock from the front when going over bumps. I suspect it is the drop links. Its unlikely to be the hub to ball joint pinch bolts as these were well tightened during recent work.
* Rear drivers side coil spring needs replacing for next MOT, or sooner.
* Occasional judder when pulling away, believed to be the lower engine mount and NOT the clutch.
* Occasionally she is hard to start when the fuel tank is below a quarter. I understand this may be the in tank fuel pump?

So thats it, mostly everything I know about my Rover 75. Genrally a very nice, reliable, good looking, and comfortable car. If I had the space and the time, I would love to keep her and fix everything in the list above. After all, it is more the time than the money that needs to be spent on her at this point. I hope that she goes to somebody who can make good use of her.

I shall say that I am looking for £500 for her, but with the short MOT and the list of things that need doing above, I am definitely open to offers.

If you require any other information, or some specific pictures, please dont hesitate to reply to this topic or PM me.

I've put some pictures of her on Dropbox and shared the album. I'll add some better pics when she is clean:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/209rre686...GIuBf8Lma?dl=0

Oh, one last thing. I'm in Nottingham town centre. The postcode is NG7 1EL if you wish to look it up on the map.

Many Thanks

Mike Wroughton

Last edited by mikedoubleu; 4th January 2016 at 14:18.. Reason: Add picture
mikedoubleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 18:33   #2
mikedoubleu

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Still for Sale

Hi all

The old girl is still for sale, and I'm keen for a quick sale.

Anyone interested in making me an offer before I put her on eBay?

Thanks for looking

Mike
mikedoubleu is offline   Reply With Quote