Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th April 2008, 23:46   #1
ned

75 oil burner saloon conn

Default Novice ... Please Excuse The Errors

hi all

Just become a member of your exclusive club

. I have just purchased an X reg 75 diesel saloon. its down as a connisure ( dont know if thats the correct spelling )...... anyways...I thought that this model would have had all the bells and whistles as standard ....cruise control, trip computer, auto dim mirror to name but a few...so.......IS THIS A KOSHER ONE. it does not say on the exterior of the vehicle either..all the paperwork says so but I am worried....

its dark now and I have only had time to drive it home from its previous owners...I will give it a good going over tommorrow mind you...

one last thing...the cup holder behind the gear leaver..is there only supposed to be the one....if not where do I get one

erm one last thing...do rovers have courtesy door lights ( little red ones ???)

sorry to be a fool...

Thanks

Ned

Last edited by ned; 6th April 2008 at 23:56.. Reason: forgot text
ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 00:11   #2
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Tell us what toys it does have then somebody will be able to tell you what you have.
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 00:18   #3
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Hello and welcome to the club and forum.
As Lates says tell us what's in it when you have had a chance to check it over thoroughly.

Standard issue is only 1 cup holder in the centre console, the blank on the drivers side can be upgraded with a second if you wish.

SMC trading is a valued member and you can buy from him, as well as many other spare and upgrades
http://smctrading.topcities.com/forumspecials.html

Unfortunately no 75s or ZTs have the puddle lights or red markers lamps in the doors , some members have installed DIY versions. All we have is the little reflector.

Plenty to read and see on here, have fun.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 00:36   #4
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Hi and to the club.

The Connesseur models come in two guises "standard" and SE. there are many options as well that could be fitted so it can be quite difficult to sometimes identify which you of the two you have. In addition to which many owners upgrade their cars with various optional extras so this can also make it difficult.

Mine for example started out life as a untouched Connesseur now it is up to SE spec (apart from the memory seats) plus a host of other optional extras and modifications.

Enjoy your new car! Plenty on the forum to read up on to keep your car running well. If you have any questions feel free to ask someone will be sure to help.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 01:32   #5
BigJacko
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 Club (2002)

Hello Ned (from a fellow recent noob here)

I dunno if the thread is still up-to-date, but the sticky one at the top of this forum called detailed car specification seems to have chapter and verse on the basic trim details you can expect for most variations:

Link here in case you can't find it: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=1042

Hope this helps - and that your car turns out to be what you expected!
Cheers
Old 7th April 2008, 10:56   #6
ned

75 oil burner saloon conn

Talking

wow, thanks for the prompt reply you lot.. much appreciated.....it has cleared a lot up.....!

The kit I have is ..

memory seats
leather
climate control

that's the only stuff i can think of..

I am desperate to get some cd player contraption attached to the basic tape deck that is installed,,,,,,any idea on prices?

I should have done a vehicle history check on it to tell you the truth but fell in love with it....the old couple who owned it seemed genuine as well..

but...............after taking out for a drive this morning I felt like lord of the manor....(even though the chap on our avenue has one as well )...seriously even if it turned out to be a right old plum duff, I would still love it.....pity I couldn't have afforded one years ago.

oh and I think I have broke the cigarette lighter thing a me bob...whilst showing it of to workmate.....wont push back in .

once again guys thanks and I look forward to using this forum...

ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 11:41   #7
BigJacko
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 Club (2002)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned View Post
I am desperate to get some cd player contraption attached to the basic tape deck that is installed,,,,,,any idea on prices?
I paid £125 for a brand-new Symphony radio (the tall one with the LED panel that takes up the left-hand half of the top-plate), plus a brand-new wiring loom to connect to a CD changer, and a recycled CD-changer unit to go in the dashboard. All from SMC Trading (a member on this forum, and recommended trader by all accounts). I would definitely use them again (and have tried once, but they didn't have the thing I wanted in stock! LOL) If you can't get a CD-changer and loom from them, I reckon you might be able to pick one up from Rimmer Bros. I'd expect to pay no more than about £60, for a compatible type and quite possibly less.

Fitting them is easy enough. Took me and a buddy about an hour tops, and we were chatting and giggling most of the time (cos we hadn't seen each other in years!) There are instructions threads here on the forum, I think, in the How-To section.

Your first step though is to identify the radio - if it's already a Symphony (and not a Harmony, which has an LED panel that goes the full width of the display, and isn't as tall as the Symphony) - or indeed, if it's a Hi-Line Sat Nav jobbie, then you may already have the CD loom in place behind the glovebox and can save yourself a few bob on that particular part.

Oh - and I know it's tempting to want to do everything and all the upgrades on day one, but I'd recommend against it. I've been 'lurking' here since December (when I inherited my R75 Tourer), mopping up information, learning things about my car, and finding out what things go awry, and really taking the time to make sure I'm buying the right bit, or fitting it in the right way. I'd advise the same for you - don't rush it. Find out what you've got first, and be sure of it, before you start altering it! Chances are it's already a silk purse, and you don't want to inadvertantly turn it into a sow's ear by rushing things! If in doubt - ask - this lot here are BRILLIANT, Ned, I can vouch for that!
Old 7th April 2008, 12:02   #8
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJacko View Post

Oh - and I know it's tempting to want to do everything and all the upgrades on day one, but I'd recommend against it. I've been 'lurking' here since December (when I inherited my R75 Tourer), mopping up information, learning things about my car, and finding out what things go awry, and really taking the time to make sure I'm buying the right bit, or fitting it in the right way. I'd advise the same for you - don't rush it. Find out what you've got first, and be sure of it, before you start altering it! Chances are it's already a silk purse, and you don't want to inadvertantly turn it into a sow's ear by rushing things! If in doubt - ask - this lot here are BRILLIANT, Ned, I can vouch for that!
Wise words indeed!!! I'm still finding out about things on here. If you wish to upgrade anything then the information should be on here, plus useful tips and help if required.

Ebay can be very useful in obtaining lots of parts and spares along with the Items wanted and for sale section of this forum. Les at Smc is very good as are Rimmer brothers in Lincolnshire.

Enjoy your new car. I'm sure it will have you driving around with a big grin.
A sticker should have been fitted to each car: Warning driving this car is likely to be addictive. May cause excessive smiling and cause serious damage to wallet due to upgrades and options available.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 15:09   #9
Evansabove
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Conn SE

Wink

On my car there is a metal plate on the passenger side front door B pillar that gives the model type together with a host of other info which are in codes e.g paint code. My plate tells me it is a conneseur SE. At least you will know how it left the factory.

John.

P.S. Welcome to a great car, club and bunch of guys.
Evansabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 15:22   #10
sf8752
Gets stuck in

rover75 conny 1.8 white gold

hi ned
as i was told by members of this club when i got my 75 check those plemium drains glad i did as mine where blocked also do the mod
steve.................
sf8752 is offline   Reply With Quote