Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th April 2013, 10:07   #1
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Default London and South new meetings

Its strange we live in the capital city of england but members seem very reluctant to suggest venues, im not complaining as I enjoy the Milton Keynes meets and also the Halfway House ones where i have meet many new friends. Mr Shed did start a new venue ant the Waggon & Horses at Elstree and we about to have 3rd meet on the 5th May at midday all are welcome, but we would love it if london members or those in close environs could suggest some other venues so everyone gets the chance to go to a local meet occasionly, so thinking caps on please and answers on a postcard to either Mr Shed or myself and lets be as good as our midland and northern members are at getting meetings going !!!

mike
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 10:36   #2
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
Its strange we live in the capital city of england but members seem very reluctant to suggest venues, im not complaining as I enjoy the Milton Keynes meets and also the Halfway House ones where i have meet many new friends. Mr Shed did start a new venue ant the Waggon & Horses at Elstree and we about to have 3rd meet on the 5th May at midday all are welcome, but we would love it if london members or those in close environs could suggest some other venues so everyone gets the chance to go to a local meet occasionly, so thinking caps on please and answers on a postcard to either Mr Shed or myself and lets be as good as our midland and northern members are at getting meetings going !!!

mike
Mike, As my home address for the forum is in North London, in addition to discussing venues, I was wondering if you, Tony, Bob or one of the other local members for London and South East might consider becoming the regional secretary or talking it through. Other members living in the South East and in London, may have views about this. How a regional secretary gets the job, or what the protocol is, I know nothing about. This region badly needs an active one. Mike would you happen to know?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 11:33   #3
Woof25
Passed Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Mike, As my home address for the forum is in North London, in addition to discussing venues, I was wondering if you, Tony, Bob or one of the other local members for London and South East might consider becoming the regional secretary or talking it through. Other members living in the South East and in London, may have views about this. How a regional secretary gets the job, or what the protocol is, I know nothing about. This region badly needs an active one. Mike would you happen to know?
You are correct that we need a regional secretary phil, but as to who would consider taking on the post I cant speak for others, but as you know I have health issues which would make me reluctant to take on the post myself, although I am always happy to help in a secondary role as I have on occasion with tony. Im sure petetourer would be pleased if someone did present themselves for the RS post but until then Im sure he will soldier on

Mike
Old 4th May 2013, 04:09   #4
Undercover
Cover Blown

54 plate 2005 V6 Contemporary SE in Nightfire Red

London can be a swine to get across, so I think somewhere central going towards the south as NW London has the W&H, east London has the Halfway House. South East London members can get to the F&W.

Regular venues are also required in Kent/Sussex.

It would help if a regional list of members was created so group messages can be sent.

Local advertising outside the club would also help as an outreach to other 75/ZT owners; I am sure they would be welcome to tag along as a guest. There are loads of free publications with events sections- any free publicity can only help.
Undercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 06:24   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I travel all over th UK to meets, I am in a position to do so. People will go to a meet if they want to. I am a member of The North London MG Club and trying to get members to go to local meets is hard work.
In the 3 years that I have been promoting the Halfway House meet only one MGA from the club has attended, and that is out of 60 members.

The Halfway House club started life in North Finchley London, just off of the North Circular. I tried some time back to get members to meet back there, from the HH meet, to visit the roots of the club. The only car to turn up was me.

Now I have been repeatly asked to take over as the RS for the London and Southeast Region. i suggested awhile back about meets in London but found the response very low. So that is why I have never bothered to step in as the RS.

I shall continue to promote the HH meet, even if I do not attend, plus other meets outside this club. There is a mini meet in Meldreth Cambs today,( no doubt Dragrad will haul me over the coals for not putting the disclaimer in). I have attended this meet quite a few times, so has a few members from this site. And it's way out of the area I would cover.

IF anyone out there want's to take on the role of RS I will give my full support as I do with countless other clubs that I belong to.

Now off to wash car ready for the pub in Meldreth, The British Queen, at 2pm.

Sorry Dragrad.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 09:33   #6
Woof25
Passed Away

Bob

We all are aware of the time and energy you put into supporting the forum and meets, It was through you I discovered the Halfway House meetings & Im very glad I did as although its from the dark side in the main the members who gather there are not !! . I think the role of RS for an area as diverse as London and the South East could be taxing for anyone, not forgetting the thorny north south of the river issue for londoners !! Im sure tony and me will continue to look for suitable venues for london based members as well as supporting the regular venues. at least the weather seems to be improving at last

Mike
Old 16th May 2013, 16:22   #7
Woof25
Passed Away

A couple of us in the London and South East region have been talking about the feasibility of having nano meets like they do in midlands and further north and even in the soon to be republic of scotland

Seriously though it would help if we had an idea of how many members we have in the total region and if you are in favour of nano meets for our 'local' members of course members from other regions close by would be welcome as from brum up they dont really need any help with that LOL

Quite how we count members Im not sure unless we simply make a list as we would for a meet, any suggestions are welcome as many brains make light brighter !!!

Mike
Old 16th May 2013, 16:30   #8
rashi_g_h
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Im based in Hertfordshire.
and im sure its possible to find a location in N London.
or just out the M25 on the A1m, A10, M1 even M11.
I believe its just a matter of finding a location and spreading the word.

Im up for any help required in organizing such an event.
rashi_g_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 16:38   #9
Woof25
Passed Away

Hi Rashi

Yes hertfordshire is certainly one ares we considering but we also would like to support our essex kent and hampshire members and a couple of days near the sea would be nice
Part of why we are anting an idea of members is to get a better idea of where the most appropriate sites would be to maximise attendances & of course local knowledge from members would be very helpful

mike
Old 17th May 2013, 09:18   #10
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Just to keep everything in Order,

Hertfordshire is covered under south central so any meet for this area should be posted there

If you check the regional maps out you will see where covers what and counties are shown under the region titles...

This is not a dig at all, just to try and keep everything in order....

Hopefully once my child has arrived I will have a bit more time to help you guys out with this...

Pete

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote