Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd March 2017, 18:26   #1
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default TV top boxes

After many years we've just given Sky TV the boot - cost and diminishing returns on what we watch being the main reason although we've stayed with Sky Talk and our ISP. We have Freeview on our Sony TV and I've taken a look at Freesat which offers a bit more (including limited HD) and the Humax HDR 1000 (basic version) seems to fit the low cost route with some possibility of pay-to-view.
I don't know much about the technical detail but the Humax box apparently requires two (F type) leads from the BSB dish. My simple mind suggests using a splitter from the single dish cable that we have - will this work?
If a splitter is OK will I require a passive or active version (again, my simple minds suggest a passive version for sattelite dish or active for a cable supply).
All suggestions welcome before I take the plunge....
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:47   #2
steveo
I really should get out more.......

None

Default Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
After many years we've just given Sky TV the boot - cost and diminishing returns on what we watch being the main reason although we've stayed with Sky Talk and our ISP. We have Freeview on our Sony TV and I've taken a look at Freesat which offers a bit more (including limited HD) and the Humax HDR 1000 (basic version) seems to fit the low cost route with some possibility of pay-to-view.
I don't know much about the technical detail but the Humax box apparently requires two (F type) leads from the BSB dish. My simple mind suggests using a splitter from the single dish cable that we have - will this work?
If a splitter is OK will I require a passive or active version (again, my simple minds suggest a passive version for sattelite dish or active for a cable supply).
All suggestions welcome before I take the plunge....
Hi
I'm no expert either but as i understand it the dual input is so you can watch a channel and record another ie dual / twin tuners

If you have had a sky + box you should already have the twin cable or if you look at your LnB on the end of your dish you may find it has more than one outlet under the slide down plastic cover .
Or purchase a new dish for less than £30 with a quad band connection LnB
Regards
Steve
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 20:25   #3
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

As long as you do not wish to record programs you can use your Sky box as it is and pick up all the Freesat channels. Just leave all your connections as they are. That is what I have done with one of our TVs
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote