Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th April 2017, 11:03   #81
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Thanks Aircub and Mike for the information.

Sadly not completely working for me at present. I've uninstalled Igo from the unit as suggested. On the SD card I've deleted the contents of Save Folder (all the files and folders in it).

When I re-install I get the initial Igo wizard so all good there, but when I try to run the program from the Navi button I get missing info error message, but running it from the Igo Icon it opens ok, BUT it will not save the settings/route etc that I've entered if I switch off and on again, it just goes back to the configuration set up.

Any thoughts or help much appreciated as if it is working for you, I must be doing something wrong, but can't put my finger on it

Thanks

Stuart
StuartB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 11:42   #82
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Hi Stuart

I will check over the weekend. On mine at the moment I copied the entire SDcard contents to the internal memory, then deleted the contents of save folder from there, and then installed from there. So the SDcard was not even in the slot when I was experimenting.

My reasons for that were 2-fold:

a) I wanted to keep the card "as issued" in case I deleted something vital!
b) One suggestion relayed via Sean from the factory was that this version had to have the maps installed in the internal memory. (No idea why)

So copying it all across achieved both of those. That made it work and I need to do some more tests to see if I can make it run direct from the card.

Something else is still odd as when I install it moans about a couple of things missing, but then works if you restart it.

It will be the weekend before time lets me do more digging.

Mike
MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 11:52   #83
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJohn View Post
Hi Stuart

I will check over the weekend. On mine at the moment I copied the entire SDcard contents to the internal memory, then deleted the contents of save folder from there, and then installed from there. So the SDcard was not even in the slot when I was experimenting.

My reasons for that were 2-fold:

a) I wanted to keep the card "as issued" in case I deleted something vital!
b) One suggestion relayed via Sean from the factory was that this version had to have the maps installed in the internal memory. (No idea why)

So copying it all across achieved both of those. That made it work and I need to do some more tests to see if I can make it run direct from the card.

Something else is still odd as when I install it moans about a couple of things missing, but then works if you restart it.

It will be the weekend before time lets me do more digging.

Mike
Hello Mike

Thanks for the further information. Interesting what you've found installing it on the internal memory so I'll give that a go. From the hours spent on Google looking for solutions it does appear that more recent versions of Android have restrictions or no ability to be able to write to an external SD card. Obviously IGO needs to write back to the save folder to keep your settings. Who knows, perhaps that's the problem here.

I've dropped Sean an email today to see if there is any light at the end of the tunnel to resolve the other issues I have with Ipod and DVB-T not functioning. Out of interest has anyone had any success in these areas?

Cheers

Stuart
Old 27th April 2017, 11:56   #84
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartB View Post
Hello Mike

Thanks for the further information. Interesting what you've found installing it on the internal memory so I'll give that a go. From the hours spent on Google looking for solutions it does appear that more recent versions of Android have restrictions or no ability to be able to write to an external SD card. Obviously IGO needs to write back to the save folder to keep your settings. Who knows, perhaps that's the problem here.

I've dropped Sean an email today to see if there is any light at the end of the tunnel to resolve the other issues I have with Ipod and DVB-T not functioning. Out of interest has anyone had any success in these areas?

Cheers

Stuart
PS Mike, did you copy the contents of the SD card to any particular folder on the internal memory? Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 13:00   #85
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

I just copied the whole Europe directory to the root of the internal storage.

The comment regarding not being able to write to sdcard is interesting. Not sure it can be completely correct though as I thought I was deleting files on the sdcard using the file manager app. It's certainly something to look at though.

Mike
Old 27th April 2017, 13:25   #86
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
I just copied the whole Europe directory to the root of the internal storage.

The comment regarding not being able to write to sdcard is interesting. Not sure it can be completely correct though as I thought I was deleting files on the sdcard using the file manager app. It's certainly something to look at though.

Mike
Thanks for the further info Mike.

I suspect file manager can delete or perhaps move a file to the SD card, but from Android Kit Kat it would not allow a program/app to automatically write data back to an SD card. This version we now have (Marshmallow) does give options for the SD card to be either portable or internal storage. Explained here https://www.doubletwist.com/help/que...6-marshmallow/

Cheers

Stuart
Old 27th April 2017, 16:45   #87
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Thanks for the notes.

I had just got to the same point of deleting the contents of the save folder and like you now have it letting me choose destinations properly. I am not yet sure if ALL files need to be deleted from that folder, but will try and pin that down.

For others with the same issue - do not delete the folder, just the contents of it. If the folder is missing it does not seem able to save your settings.

Have you got TTS voices or the GAjK skin working by any chance?

Mike
Mike, I think I may have deleted too much as I have just gone back to running Igo and it has not saved anything, what folders should be inside the SAVE folder??

Last edited by aircub; 27th April 2017 at 17:29..
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 17:38   #88
lasercutter
Avid contributor

Rover 75

I have been playing around for the last few hours and have a few things to throw into the mix.

What I have done is pretty much the same as Mike, I deleted the contents of the Saved folder and then copied the entire europe folder to the root of the flash drive using the built in file manager.
Then I uninstalled Igo using the APK manager before installing it again from the apk that is now on the flash drive.
On first start Igo throws up an error but works fine at the second attempt, it then runs through the initial setup and so far it seems to have saved all of my settings.
What I tried to do next was format the gps sd card as internal memory, the plan was to go back to running igo from the sd card, however the card would not format and threw an error up, it also made the sd card unreadable (fixable on a pc luckily) some research suggests that this error may be caused by the sd card not being fast enough (it was the one supplied with the radio) at the moment I don't have another card I can try to see if this is the case.

To be honest I'm not too bothered about using the flash memory to run Igo as it means I can just use the GPS slot for another music sd card.

Next is to try and get tts voices working, just copying them from the version of Igo I had on my previous head unit and adding them to the voices folder caused Igo to crash while loading so I had to delete them, the search continues.
lasercutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 18:59   #89
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

It sounds liked we are all working in the same direction which is good.

Disappointed that copying the TTS voices across causes it to crash though, that was to be the next thing I tried, along with the skins to try and get those working as well.

Sean, is there any update from the factory yet? This should "just work".

Thanks

Mike
Old 28th April 2017, 20:12   #90
Jarnoplum

MG ZT 135 CDTI 2003 LHD Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircub View Post
I have the wifi tethering working from my iPhone 6. I set up a personal hotspot and it finds it straight away, login and its working. Due to limitation or security of the iPhone I have to reset the the tethering each time I want to connect.

The password is what you set on your phone.

The tethering function on the Eclipse only works if you have a 3G/4G dongle, and to be honest I am not sure when you would use it as you would connect to the dongle direct.
Thanks for your reply aircub!
I had to make the unit 'forget' my phone's wifi, entered the password again and there it is
So probably I entered the wrong password (from my older phone)
Now the wifi tethering works fine, even without dongle, as it seems to be built in already.
Jarnoplum is offline   Reply With Quote