Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th June 2016, 11:03   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Tales from the van..

We are presently on a tiny site we have been using regularly for years. When we first came here, there was just one other van using it, but it gradually got taken over by vans and statics permanently on site. The owner is friendly enough, very laid back and avoids getting involved in disputes.

A few years ago, some new faces turned up and made a bid to take over the site and makes rules of which there were none. Not a change of ownership, just new visitors. One of our dogs was a three month old excitable pup, he came out of his van and began a tirade of abuse, threatening and waving a stick about in a threatening manner - of course this frightened the pup and she began excitedly yapping and running round the field. There is no dogs on leads rule, just don't allow them to run around unattended. We don't they are either on a lead or playing ball with me.

He is there most weekends, with his friends/family. He has it in mind that she is a vicious dog. Nope she yaps and gets exited, but vicious no. Anyone sensible can have her eating out of their hand in two minutes, but she remembers him and his strange antics and makes a point of barking at him. What would she do if I let at him, nothing, just yap. She yaps at everyone who acts strangely.

This visit - I had just had them out on a long walk, they had been in the sea, got wet so I was in the field playing ball with them, bouncing the wet off them for ten minutes. Out he comes, she barks, so he begins yelling at her, waving his arms around and a large towel. Then he begins threatening to shoot the dog, complain to the site owner and etc.. Of course I just told him to get on with it. Whether he did or didn't I don't know, but the owner has said nothing and he is friendly enough with both dogs. It was obvious we were out in the field, why make a point of coming out to cause trouble?

He and his family now carry a spade around with them each time they walk out on the site, I suppose based on his warnings of there being a 'vicious' out of control dog on the site on the loose.

Everyone else on the site is reasonably friendly with her, just this weird person who thinks dogs should be friendly with them from the outset and any which aren't so inclined, must be vicious.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2016, 17:13   #2
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

..and today came an almost apology for the OTT conduct.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 12th June 2016, 21:35   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I think i'd go to another site

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2016, 21:56   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

macafee2
I don't like people who try to bully and tend to fight back. I did though look around for another site as a plan B.

Old 13th June 2016, 08:26   #5
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Harry, you've just given me a terrible déjà vu moment!

Thought I was going mad as looked at the date you posted this, and saw it was today, but was sure I'd read it before!

Then I did a search and found this post from two years ago!

Is it the same site and the same other people?
Old 13th June 2016, 09:37   #6
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_dave&gill View Post
Harry, you've just given me a terrible déjà vu moment!

Thought I was going mad as looked at the date you posted this, and saw it was today, but was sure I'd read it before!

Then I did a search and found this post from two years ago!

Is it the same site and the same other people?
Nope, that site was near Guisborough. The present one is in Pembrokeshire.

Old 15th June 2016, 15:16   #7
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

I would extra careful and with the dogs through in case he tries anything funny.
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2016, 20:36   #8
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

macafee2
Why should he? he has been going there longer than this other dog hater.
Old 15th June 2016, 20:56   #9
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Typical bullying Harry, he deserves nothing short than a smack in the gob

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote