Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th November 2007, 12:35   #21
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Quantize View Post
IF he can do a Rover fascia, and it's not a BMW one that I have to modify then I'd be likely to add my name too. It also depends on the price.
I was discussing this with Eammon and it seems the bloke in the USA is quite happy to consider doing an MG-R specific fascia for a relatively small quantity.

The price seems to be around the £100 mark which, I personally would be willing to pay for the MG-R specific version.

Both Eammon and myself are trying to get the BMW version to fit at the moment and it's not an easy task
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 12:39   #22
Arthur Quantize
Loves to post

MY poor Rover is dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
The price seems to be around the £100 mark which, I personally would be willing to pay for the MG-R specific version.
The cheaper the better I say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Both Eammon and myself are trying to get the BMW version to fit at the moment and it's not an easy task
This is what I'd rather avoid, as I seem to have increasingly less time on my hands nowadays. It would be bliss, and maybe worth the high cost, if it would just be a 5 minute rather than 5 day job to fit it.
Arthur Quantize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 12:43   #23
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
The cheaper the better I say
Absolutely

Quote:
This is what I'd rather avoid, as I seem to have increasingly less time on my hands nowadays. It would be bliss, and maybe worth the high cost, if it would just be a 5 minute rather than 5 day job to fit it.
The inside of the centre console on our cars is going to look like an explosion in a Meccano factory
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 16:45   #24
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

As Paul says, it looks like the US supplier will make an MGR fascia but he needs to get a fascia to copy.

I'll post on here when any more info becomes available but at the moment we will assume that the fascia will be "plug and play" for our cars.

I assume the price will remain the same @ $215.

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2007, 21:12   #25
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Would definitely want the Rover-specific solution
Rob Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 08:57   #26
CDTi
This is my second home

I have been in contact with the supplier again and he has informed me that while he will be making an MGR fascia, it will not happen in the short term.

He has a couple of others in the works and he wants to finish those off. I think the fact that there are currently only four members (max) looking for an MGR version probably doesn't help things.

So it looks like if you want one straight away you may as well get a BMW version and modify it. I'll post pics of how I did mine whenever I get it finished.

Unfortunately the wife, the kids, work and the cold damp winter evenings are all hampering my car related projects

Edit - Almost forgot to mention - he has agreed to extend the group buy until Christmas

Last edited by CDTi; 21st November 2007 at 09:00..
Old 21st November 2007, 10:10   #27
Phil260
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

This is my BMW fascia, in situ. You have to remove the side lugs and make new ones for the top fixings. It is not difficult. The fascia panel does not hold the head unit in. It just fits over the top.
Ask the guy if he has any with a lug missing. They are considered faulty and he sells them cheaper. I paid $110 for mine.

Phil260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 12:16   #28
mayor
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi

Looking at the pics for the double din facia adaptor I can't see why a standard facia with a storage tray above couldn't be cut out. You would have the small area on the sides but that could be dressed or covered
mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 12:24   #29
Arthur Quantize
Loves to post

MY poor Rover is dead...

Real downer that he can't do an MGR one soon.

I also wondered if a standard facia with a storage tray could be cut out - has anyone tried this?
Arthur Quantize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 12:37   #30
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
I also wondered if a standard facia with a storage tray could be cut out - has anyone tried this?
The Iovox fascia is probably the best place to start if you want to do this.

If you don't already have an Iovox fascia then it'll cost you about £30ish for a second hand one or £60ish for a new one. You then have to cut, fill and paint to come up with the finished product with no guarantee that it will look right in the car.

The BMW fascia look great IMHO and all the modification is done behind the plate itself so neatness isn't really all that important, so long as the mods are functional.