Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th March 2009, 19:27   #21
magellan
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Club SE saloon

Hi,

Great stuff. I love this. I have two question:

1)what about the iphone? The connector is the same so I think it should behave like a regular Ipod…

2)Has anyone tried with the symphony head unit? Any chance it works ?

Regards
magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 22:12   #22
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Hi,

Great stuff. I love this. I have two question:

1)what about the iphone? The connector is the same so I think it should behave like a regular Ipod…

2)Has anyone tried with the symphony head unit? Any chance it works ?

Regards
I've just been on the Intravee forum, and apparently It works perfectly with the original iphone, but the new 3G iPhone does have a charging isssue due to Apple dropping support for Firewire (12V) charging.

So you won't be able to charge it up as you go.

Don't know about the symphony, although the connector for the CD changer (if you have it fitted to yours) is the same as the High Line, so presumably it would work for displaying Track / Album / Artist info.

It certainly works with the BMW E46 head unit

http://www.intravention.co.uk/index....d=14&Itemid=33

But as to whether you could use the advanced search facilites.....
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 14:58   #23
MX55HAD

75 Connoisseur SE CDTi Auto Tourer

Default Blue tooth Hi Line integration

I have a Rover 75 2.0 CDTI fitted with a Hi-line sat nav system which is identical to the 3 series BMW, is there a Blue Tooth interface which will enable my iphone to intergrate with my Hi-line? if so can anyone give me some idea of how & where I can have this fitted & at what cost.
MX55HAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:33   #24
obiwan
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 Mk II SE

Default Dension Gateway option?

Inspired by this great How To I began looking at options and as I'm sure most of you will know there's also the Dension Gateway products...

Has anyone fitted a Dension Gateway 100 to their highline sat nav system for in-car iPod use?

I want to know if the Gateway 100 works well with the highline, and specifically whether it outputs text and ID3 tag info to the head unit screen. I have trawled the forums but can't get clarity on installation specific to the highline.

The Dension install is less expensive (fewer components) but I can't ascertain whether the Dension Gateway outputs ID3 tag info on the sat nav screen in the same way the Intravee set up does (so not clear to me if it's an apples Vs apples cost and functionality comparison).

Any help appreciated.

Ben
obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:47   #25
Julian
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 (V8)

I have just installed a Dension Gateway 300 in my car. You can access your music by playlist, album artist etc and the song information shows on screen. The display isn't quite as well done as with the Intravee but one advantage is thet - with the optional CD changer retention module - you can switch at any time between your IPod and the CD changer (I have a CD/MP3 changer in my car). There was a reference above to a possible Alpine alternative unit (i.e. not the KCA 420i) which would allow that with the Intravee but I can't find it on Alpine's European site.
The Gateway 300 has outputs to 3.5 mm audio jack and USB as well. I put an IPod flylead in my centre console and have the USB socket (which I haven't tried yet) in the glovebox. Music quality on the IPod (I've tested two) is excellent. Some more info here: http://www.dension.com/index.php?pageID=31 .
Cheers,
Julian.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 21:12   #26
Departed
Retired

--

This may sound like a daft question, but does anyone know how long BMW supported the text interface like this? I assume it must be a while as original BM setups seem to have the facility. But then ipods didn't get interface support until long after the original 75 BM setup was introduced.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 21:14   #27
obiwan
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 Mk II SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
I have just installed a Dension Gateway 300 in my car. You can access your music by playlist, album artist etc and the song information shows on screen.

Thanks Julian. Do you have any pics of the song information output to the screen? Does it show song title, artist etc?

Cheers
Ben
Old 17th April 2009, 09:15   #28
Julian
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 (V8)

Hi Ben,
Bit busy with work stuff this week, will see if I can get a chance to do it when I go out in the car on Sunday.
Cheers,
Julian.
Old 17th April 2009, 13:57   #29
obiwan
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 Mk II SE

Julian,

That would be great, if you get the chance.

Also, would you please let me know whether the Dension plugs into the back of the head unit, or into the CD changer connection in the boot? If it plugs into the head unit, do you retain control of all the standard functions, sat nav, TV, radio etc?

Thanks again
Ben
Old 18th April 2009, 08:46   #30
Julian
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 (V8)

Hi Ben,
All the connections are at the front of the car behind the dash (I can't say more than that as I had a garage do it). So no cabling front to back required. All the standard functionalites are retained: radio, CD/MP3 chnager (with the Dension retention module), satnav and TV. Steering wheel remote controls also function fully.
Julian.