Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th April 2015, 17:49   #1
Chappy 2
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer

Default Rover 75 Club V6 2.0 Lt ~ £200 ~

Hi Folks
Yesterday I collected my new BRG Tourer from sunny Essex and on the way back to South Wales my faithful V6 Rover decided she didn't want to go home!
My son came with me to collect my new 75 Tourer and returning in convoy he stopped at a junction and announced that he had no clutch ! His foot had gone to the floor and stayed there! A few minutes later he found a box full of gears and we set off again. A few miles later at another junction the same thing happened again. This time on lifting the bonnet there was a very acrid smell of burning clutch...
By this time it was getting quite late and regretfully we decided to leave poor 'Lisa' abandoned on the side of the road. Heartless I hear you shout, and quite right you might be. But we had two anxious wives at home who were getting quite stroppy. We had been out most of the day. ( I think we spent too much time supposedly road testing and enjoying the new car) so decided to head back down the M4.
My wounded ol' faithful is a 2000 Rover 75 Club, 2.0 litre V6 petrol engined beauty.
Mileage is about 82,600. MOT'd until January 2016. The belts were changed at 70k by Craig Bougen (Cabbers) who also fitted the MG ZT boot spoiler and was Remapped, De-catted, Tracker, Bonnet release mod, with Artic's Spyhole and the handbrake compensator mod. There is a cat back mij stainless steel exhaust fitted by cabbers and I have done Artic's Sealing of the scuttle panel clips and his sunroof drains mod.
The 2.0 lt engine is sweet as a nut and until yesterday the gearbox was silky smooth.
There are a few niggly jobs I intended to do once I was home, and then I planned to put her back on this forum for members to peruse. (Best laid plans of mice and men, and all that...)
These are that flaming airbag light is on again ! I have lost count of the number of times I have disconnected those cables under the seat. And suddenly last week the ABS light came on!
I intended buying a couple of the ABS sensor and cables off of Ebay, but now I shall never know if that would have done the trick !!
So there we are folks. The poor girl is sat up in a side street near Heathrow airport. She is still taxed and insured and quite safe for the moment. My son suggested I ring a local scrappy and have it towed away but I would sooner offer her to fellow members of this forum first.
If anyone is interested then I will have to send them the Reg docs, Mot and the keys of course. I will also of course have to give the exact location.
Sorry for the preamble, my wife is always telling me that I talk to much and don't know when to stop...
I shall insert some photo's of the old girl that was taken last summer. But the very last one is taken of her yesterday in the side street feeling very sorry for herself...

Many thanks for your patience.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (135.7 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (135.5 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (123.8 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (78.4 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (134.4 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (142.0 KB, 150 views)
Chappy 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2015, 18:25   #2
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

That looks stunning, though divorce would soon come into my life if I do not resist temptation.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2015, 18:52   #3
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Absolute bargain for someone!

Sounds like the Clutch Master or Slave Cylinder has gone! Might be worth topping it up to get it home...??? (Reservoir above Clutch Pedal).
Old 22nd April 2015, 13:01   #4
Chappy 2
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer

Default 2000 Rover 75 Club V6 2.0 litre Now £150

Thanks Bill, I'm back home now with my shiny new Tourer and the interest in my faithful V6 is beginning to wane. I have had a couple of quotes from local breakers and the best of these has offered £160.

So before I go ahead, if there is anyone interested I will accept £150 to keep it in the family.

David

Last edited by Chappy 2; 22nd April 2015 at 13:12.. Reason: Price change and poor punctuation
Old 22nd April 2015, 13:20   #5
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

If it was an Auto I would have it in a flash - but then it wouldn't be stuck on the side of the road....

Although the Wheels/Tyres/Chrome Grille/Exhaust is worth twice that alone!!!! Just wish it was closer. Very sad.

I wish you well with your new Tourer David.
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:44   #6
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

If it wasn't for the fact I was going on holiday next week, I would have had that at that price always assuming it is as good as it looks, a clutch would have been 500 quid, depends where it is parked and has not already been stripped down,
A real shame because it looks a decent motor.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:08   #7
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

If there was some way to get it back home.....I would have this. But my Breakdown is stuck to my cars so i cant even do the "naughty" my car has broke down routine !
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 22:01   #8
Chappy 2
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice.

I think I have just seen my Knight in shining armour....

The very nice guy who sold me my shiny new Tourer has contacted me and said that he will tow it home and either repair it or will offer a better price than the local scrappy. Dah Dah.... So who said there wasn't a God. He must have looked down and said "LOOK AT THAT POOR ***, NOW WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP"

Then along came Fred... For that is his name. And my trusty old V6 said "And I shall go to the ball"...

So I have put my spare key in the post for Fred to work his magic.
And I shall follow this with all the necessary documents. I just feel rather guilty that before we left the scene of the breakdown, I was persuaded by my son to remove any spares I might need for my new Tourer. So we removed personnel items like umbrellas, walking sticks headache tablets etc and also the spare tyre (brand new) and the nice mats (sorry Fred)
But as a consolation, just before the clutch hit the floor I had filled the old girl to the gunnel's to see us home. And that really hurt (almost brought tears to my eyes) So serve me right.....

So thank you all for your help and sympathy and I will now shut up and leave you all in peace. My wife tells me I just keep on blathering and don't know when to stop....

Cheers