Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th January 2015, 10:03   #1
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Default My LPG powered ZT-T 190 is up for sale! *SOLD*

Well very sadly after just over 3 years it's time for my well loved ZT-T to go to make way for my new car and given it's history I'd love for it to stay in the club with an enthusiast.

I bought the car from Tam, who has sadly since passed away back in 2011. He had saved it after it had suffered a clutch failure and had intended to use it as a daily driver however he just couldn't give up the black stuff so stayed with the CDTi in the end and sold me the 190. I picked it up from Scotland and drove it straight down to Norfolk and immediately fell in love with the car. I have a bit of a history of chopping and changing cars so for it to have been with me as my daily driver for over 3 years says a lot!

Anyway onto the car, it's a ZT-T 190 with LPG installed which makes it very economical to run. The bodywork is in generally good condition with no obvious rust however there are a few minor car park dings, nothing big enough to show up on a photo though. She's done just over 97,000 miles and had a cambelt change @ 71k so plenty of life left in that.

The engine is good and in 3 years and 40,000 miles has never cause me any major grief, in fact the only problem was a failed coolant pipe however very fortunately that happened pretty much next door to my mechanic's so he was able to replace it very quickly.

In terms of history I have a good file of work that's been done to the car over the years. In 2013 it had a new exhaust, 4 new Avon tyres and whilst we were in Wales a certain Mr Jules replaced and engine mount & VIS motor and gave it a good service. Due to the nature of the roads round here (many, many bends!) the fronts will need replacing sooner rather then later however the rears are fine. I've had all the brake pads and discs replaced whilst I've owned it and I don't tend to skimp on maintenance, I like to know that my cars won't let me down.

Today it's going in for it's MOT so very shortly it will be MOT'd until February 2016.

The interior is in good condition however despite Tam replacing it the drivers seat bolster has gone again. The car also had a Kenwood bluetooth enabled head unit that works with the steering wheel controls. Late last year I also replaced the dash with a black oak one which looks awesome and at the same time upgraded the headlights to 'proper' Xenon's and was lucky enough to source a pair that were in excellent condition with not cloudiness at all.

I am looking for £1200. The private plate has now been removed and the car is ready to go!

Must also mention the private plate won't be going with the car unless someone really wants it and makes me a good offer.

The car also won't be crushed, broken or in any way harmed if it doesn't sell! I also won't be flogging it on ebay or turning it into a track day toy, if it doesn't sell it'll carry on being looked after and possibly stored to be brought out when it's made it to classicdom.

Last edited by guru; 8th April 2015 at 20:58..
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 10:27   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Rotrex would be smiling at that, he would have had no problem using it as a track day car, or indeed breaking it for bits.

Good luck with the sale, not that you'll need it, a lovely looking car in any persons book.

R.I.P. Sir Tam of Shotts

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 12:40   #3
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

Stunning car, and I remember when Tam had it. You've looked after it very well indeed, and, were I in the market, I'd be giving it some serious thought. Let's hope it goes to a good home!
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 12:53   #4
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

I was looking for a diesel as my v6 is a bit costly on the new 50 mile commute........LPG...... Wonder if it'd like coming back to Scotland?
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 12:59   #5
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coups View Post
I was looking for a diesel as my v6 is a bit costly on the new 50 mile commute........LPG...... Wonder if it'd like coming back to Scotland?
Well it does still have the Scottish flag on the front wings where then union jack would normally go!

When I bought it I planned to change them out for the union ones however sadly shortly after we got the news about Tam so I decided to keep the Scottish flags on there as a mark of respect.
Old 13th January 2015, 13:01   #6
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Pm sent, quite keen on this😃
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 18:39   #7
cossie dunc
I really should get out more.......

rover 75 contemporary se cdti + rover 75 connie cdti work horse

Ah the memories

tam loved this car, I remember when we went to collect it, doing the clutch and timing belts.

There is a great story around how tam managed to get us paid for doing the clutch never missed a trick

Good luck with the sale I hope it stays in the club

Scotland's rover 75/mg zt service,repair & enthusiast centre

Used parts.....servicing.......mechanical repairs.......modifications

Call Duncan 07415 251 705
cossie dunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 18:45   #8
Phil63
Posted a thing or two

04 75 tourer cdt auto. Two tone grey. X-Power over Tempest. 04 75 V8 Chatsworth Bronze..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie dunc View Post

There is a great story around how tam managed to get us paid for doing the clutch never missed a trick
Do tell.....
Phil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 04:47   #9
Stickman
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

A truly superb car indeed + very fairly priced
Another one I'd happily buy if only swmbo would
Contemplate the disposal of the German eurobox
Regards
Chris
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 15:20   #10
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

One of my classic car club friends, Tom, will be in touch by PM shortly, Sir! Think he could be interested!
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote