Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th November 2011, 21:57   #11
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by twaters63 View Post
All you Android Owners awaiting delivery...all the best and enjoy might be upgrading myself soon total gadget freak me

Tim does your unit charge your ipod?
Ive got mine playing but it doesnt seem to charge it

Ipod video classic

Mods done:
Towbar - EGR replaced with SS straight pipe - Synergy 2 - Aircon resistor replaced with JMA
- Walnut and Leather Steering Wheel - Walnut Hand Brake and Walnut Auto Gear Stick - Walnut Dash - Sean's DD Unit with DVBT - 2.0 CDT Torpedos - Boot Badge and mk1 Chrome Plinth - D Pillars - Union Alloys - X-Power Upgrade
Slowly adding pre project bits and bobs
Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 23:28   #12
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

No mate I've got the IPod touch in there 2nd generation however we can if we use the USB lead and iPod lead together and do it via Bluetooth
One hell of a machine tho eh!! How's your tv reception **** here where I live but drive 5 miles it's perfect
Old 26th November 2011, 08:33   #13
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

Quote:
No mate I've got the IPod touch in there 2nd generation however we can if we use the USB lead and iPod lead together and do it via Bluetooth
One hell of a machine tho eh!! How's your tv reception **** here where I live but drive 5 miles it's perfect

Cannot get the dvbt unit to power up, Got the red and balck wires lived and earthed up but reading your thread i dont think ive got the skinny little brown wire earthed up, ill go out and check it soon.

Mods done:
Towbar - EGR replaced with SS straight pipe - Synergy 2 - Aircon resistor replaced with JMA
- Walnut and Leather Steering Wheel - Walnut Hand Brake and Walnut Auto Gear Stick - Walnut Dash - Sean's DD Unit with DVBT - 2.0 CDT Torpedos - Boot Badge and mk1 Chrome Plinth - D Pillars - Union Alloys - X-Power Upgrade
Old 26th November 2011, 08:56   #14
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Tony two other things mate it will not power up unless the remote wire is in place too and you need batteries in the black and silver remote bud! As mike wired it in I'll assume he has the correct live wire attached? I had that wrong too that's why I fiddled on for 2 days with it!
I have a hunch tho it may well be down to your remote wire!! That brown wire then goes to EARTH mate......incidentally where has he positioned your DVB box mine is behind the glove box so kept having to get that out too hahaha
Old 26th November 2011, 09:00   #15
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

Quote:
Tony two other things mate it will not power up unless the remote wire is in place too and you need batteries in the black and silver remote bud! As mike wired it in I'll assume he has the correct live wire attached? I had that wrong too that's why I fiddled on for 2 days with it!
I have a hunch tho it may well be down to your remote wire!! That brown wire then goes to EARTH mate......incidentally where has he positioned your DVB box mine is behind the glove box so kept having to get that out too hahaha
I asked Mick to put it in the glove box along with the ipod lead, that way its easy to get to them.
The GPS has gone in the roof above the passenger door and the aerial routed to the rear screen

Ive put 2 new batteries in the DVBT remote. The brown wire shall i splice that to the black earth wire?

Mods done:
Old 26th November 2011, 09:05   #16
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Well that easy enough then mate I hid my gold unit away yours is a more sensible idea I guess:!!
Yes Brown wire to Earth (was your remote wire in the unit as I said it won't power up unless that's in too)
Old 26th November 2011, 09:07   #17
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

Yes mate all the wires are connected to the gold unit, the only thing i can think of is the little brown earth wire, im going out now to splice it the black earth wire. Stand by to call 999

Mods done:
Old 26th November 2011, 09:12   #18
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Ok my man go for it! I have to say the day mine finally got sorted that too was connected might well be your problem then great feeling when the little red LED fires up on the box
Old 26th November 2011, 09:25   #19
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

Dam wired up the brown to the earth and still nothing
iPod sounds great, DVD perfect, radio reception not to good

Mods done:
Old 26th November 2011, 09:29   #20
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

You need a multi metre check on your live wire then Tony ( can I ask where he spliced into your live )