Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Was it you?
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th January 2010, 14:55   #71
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
oh they can ,and more trust me
Well... you live and learn
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 18:30   #72
StevenWilliams
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 British Racing Green. 81,000 miles and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Well... you live and learn

I had mine just over 130 mph on a airfield.
I was fortunate enough to obtain authorised access to an airfield thats often used for vehicle testing. They had ambulanses and other facilities and I was asked if I wanted a go.... To good an oportunity to refuse..

At over 130 (according to the GPS not the IPK) the car was still smooth and I'm sure there was a little more to be had but I was not sure of how long it would take to stop so I chickened out.

The IPK had me at over 140 but I'm more tempted to trust the GPS than the IPK and I don't think our cars will do 140.

Looking for: 7 seater
StevenWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 20:11   #73
spider.s3
Avid contributor

Alfa Romeo Spider.s3, Suzuki Hayabusa

most of the time i keep to the speed limits, but i will say i do go over on the motorways. i keep to about 80/85 in the car. but its the bike that brings out the bad boy in me. i have had my fair share of luck and get out of jail free in the past. only on saturday i was no the M% doing !£) and saw in my mirrors the dreaded blue flashing lights about 500 yard or so behind me. i thought to myself here we go, i'm in trouble. as the police car got near me i had already moved to lane 2 and was doing 70mph. the police car pulled in to lane 2 to behind the car behind me and then into lane 1. i thanked my lucky start as he did not even look at me as he pulled off the motorway. he must have been on a call.

Last edited by spider.s3; 24th January 2010 at 20:14..
spider.s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 21:15   #74
Jürgen
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenWilliams View Post
I had mine just over 130 mph on a airfield.
I was fortunate enough to obtain authorised access to an airfield thats often used for vehicle testing. They had ambulanses and other facilities and I was asked if I wanted a go.... To good an oportunity to refuse..
My home advantage is that I can do this legally on some motorways.
Well, of course good conditions provided, traffic and weather wise.

According to my GPS device my Diesel has a vmax of 116-117 mph. That's quite exact the top speed MG Rover has documented (187 km/h).
Old 24th January 2010, 22:11   #75
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesgreen View Post
put yourself in the lorry drivers situation,he doesnt want to move from the travelling lane but if he needs to and he needs to do it quick he will do just imagine 44 tons of lorry its not easy trying to move that in a snap decision so he has done it for a reason unfortunetly you ended up near him by his side.
i only point this out because i used to drive these vehicles and the amount of times people seem to think that your driving something that can stop on a sixpence is unbelivable.
i go back to my days when learning to drive and remember a phrase from my driving instructor and repeatead by the examiner "were teaching you to pass a test not to drive it"
sadly i think thuis is true with many drivers on britains roads now but who am i to judge
just been reading this post, and felt that i had to reply.
i am sorry, but i do not recognise the "excuse" that you have given for the lorry driver pulling out in front of someone else.. i to used to drive these large vehicles, and all i can say is, that kind of "driving",is the reason we were all tarred with the same brush.
i think it is a good thing that this government has brought out a scheme wherebye all hgv drivers will have to go on a course to prove they can drive them. i think it is a 5 day course. starts april. i think.

Last edited by bl52krz; 24th January 2010 at 22:15..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote