Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Was it you?
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th March 2010, 16:31   #21
mantianak
I really should get out more.......

ZT 190+ Saloon

I'd be up for a little meet in the summer. Another option would be The Checkers Inn in Lytchett Matravers. Used to work with the lady who runs it, she said they have the occasional car meet there. Car park isn't massive though.

Back to my original point..... I saw my old car again today! Driving on Ringwood road by the Newtown Industrial park. Can't miss it, moonstone green with tinted rear windows.
mantianak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 16:44   #22
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

The "park n ride" car park at Creekmoor might be big enough.

I used to play guitar and sing folk songs at the Checkers back in the 60's 70's ... Worlds End was another nice venue..

Last edited by James.uk; 25th March 2010 at 16:47..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 22:33   #23
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
We could have a little meet in the summer, Wimborne market or at one of the nice pubs at Longham. The -Exeter- is no more as I understand (great boozer so my brother has told me)
The Exeter! which was that (where was it exactly).

There are some certainly nice pubs in and around Wimborne (The Horns, Barley Mow, Fox and Hounds) there are more pubs than shops around this area.....
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 23:34   #24
Scribbler.
Gets stuck in

Rover 75. Saloon. Red. V6. 2.5.

Extremely brave of you bringing up the "worlds End" pub Jamesuk ..... seem to recall seeing some unfortunate fellow sat astride one of the high stone `stags' atop of the gate entrance to the stately home of Earl Drax out there ... playing away completely oblivious ... didnt he get carted of to the cooler for the night .... Nuff said methinks ... hehehe. Im up for any meet in the area Mantianak. . Mike.
Scribbler. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 00:07   #25
James.uk
Passed Away

You got a long memory Scribbler....... Now Shurrruupp.
Old 26th March 2010, 07:13   #26
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

There are some certainly nice pubs in and around Wimborne (The Horns, Barley Mow, Fox and Hounds) there are more pubs than shops around this area.....
If you walk down through the gardens to the pier then turn right along the main road, it goes up hill (if you keep going you come to the Square). At the top of the hill on the right (would have the gardens behind it) there is a large building which used to be the Exeter Hotel. Aways pub and disco in the late 60´s and 70´s. Had some good fun in there There was also a bar/pub/disco called the Pier -Approach- (not quite sure of name), along to the left of the pier. Rough and readey it was. At one time they had this gorgious barmaid who used to make my knees go. Until the first time I heard her speak......... Belfast accent (you could cut a piece of cheese with it)..... put me right off (no offence meant) We had just come back from a 4 month tour and I´d had just about enough of our cousins from the island (I was off to Cyprus shortly after for 6 months)
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 07:16   #27
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

Fox and Hounds used to be a -haunt- of ours, still very nice. Lychett sounds great as well. The whole Isle of Purbeck is fantastic
Old 26th March 2010, 07:18   #28
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
The "park n ride" car park at Creekmoor might be big enough.

I used to play guitar and sing folk songs at the Checkers back in the 60's 70's ... Worlds End was another nice venue..

Checkers and Worlds End...god... what memories. Quite a few good dust ups then (must have been a bit of a handful then) All in good fun obviously I had short hair (being in the Paras) and quite a few of the local nurds just couldn´t leave well alone
Old 28th March 2010, 08:24   #29
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Checkers and Worlds End...god... what memories. Quite a few good dust ups then (must have been a bit of a handful then) All in good fun obviously I had short hair (being in the Paras) and quite a few of the local nurds just couldn´t leave well alone
Hope I didn´t scare you all off I wasn´t that bad, just didn´t let people push me about Much mellower now, being a GP and all

My friend Paul lives on Edgehill Road in Winton and my brother lives in Blandford. Hols this year will be last 2 in July and first 2 in August. Would like to meet up and have an extended pub lunch or something. What ye ol think
Old 28th March 2010, 14:10   #30
James.uk
Passed Away

.Noooo way! Can't ave you skin heads coming over ere n bashing up the local worzels innit.. tsk tsk, perish the very thought..

You might like to re-apply when yer ASBO runs out...