Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2015, 13:22   #1
combey1985
Avid contributor

ZT 190 X - Power Grey & ZR TD Anthracite

Default Fs - 2002/52 mg zt 190+ *SOLD*

Hello,

Welcome to the reluctant but needed sale of my beloved MG ZT 190+. It’s a 2nd car and now ive booked my wedding, the sale will go to that one day, where a piece of paper and a buffet for everyone else costs an arm and a leg.

Current mileage – 75300 – ish.

MOT until Jan 2016 – No advisories either.

I purchased this car in April 2013. I had done hours upon hours of research and waiting for the right car to come along.

The car boasts Xenon Headlamps, all jets work and self levelling works as it should.
Sunroof – One thing I do like.
Alecantra and leather upholstery.
Cruise Control.
18” Hairpin alloys – I prefer these to straights.
Its in the best colour… X power Grey.
5 alloys.

Since ownership, I have done A LOT of work and replaced the following…..

1) BOTH crash impact sensors – The car has not been in an accident. These cars had an issue with the sunroof drainage tubes coming away at the bottom of the bulk head on the N/S and of course, any water leak would soak the carpet. The knock on from that is the impact sensors under the carpet getting soaked and corroding causing the airbag light to come on.

2) Replaced the Airbag ECU. After around 5 months or so, the airbag light would illuminate dimly, result of that was the airbag ECU was knackered.

3) Replaced front pads and discs

4) Replaced rear brake pads and discs and handbrake shoes

5) Replaced the rear exhaust back box, the hole in it made it sound ace but after a 4 hour to drive to Leeds, the headache made me change it.

6) Serviced twice – Most recently 700 miles ago - should really reset that service indicator!

7) Cambelt & waterpump change WITH documents and genuine parts. (Water pump was from ECP)

8) Fitted a DAB pioneer radio – The DAB feature is good if you don’t live in the city!

9) I had a T4 session done and upgraded to the most recent software for the car and activated anything I could! One thing I like is switching the engine off , then the lights and they stay lit for 30 seconds or so. Windows and sunroof can be open and closed from holding the key in the door lock.

10) Replaced all 4 tyres – Matching.

11) Tow bar! The wiring still needs to be done but its pretty straight forward as it says on the little box, what is wire is for what.

12) The plenum chamber drainage points gets a good rodding on a regular basis!

Known issues.
- Shannon tube needs replacing.
- Scuttle panel clips ive not yet replaced.

I intend to a new Shannon tube fitted by the time its sold, its about £25 for a long lasting alternative.

Don’t get me wrong, the car is 13 years old and it isn’t showroom condition but its definitely worth it!

I have covered around 10K in it in two years. The noise of the quad cam engine is immense. Ideally, id be looking for the car to be collected at the end of the month, this works both ways. I wont have to pay out another £25 for a months tax and you wont loose any tax if you collect it from the 1st.

Guys, the above is my pre typed up ebay listing. I will give it a week on here first before putting it up on there. Ideally, id like it to go to an enthusiast who will be buying a car with the expensive work already done. All they need to do is cherish it and enjoy it as much as I have.

Im looking for £1500 ONO. I am open to offers however, from experience its best done face to face to weed out the tyre kickers.

The log book and MOT have finally come back from DVLA. I just need to order some plates from Ebay over this weekend.

Cheers!
Pictures - Click the link!

http://preview.tinyurl.com/m5vm8ge
combey1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2015, 08:08   #2
combey1985
Avid contributor

This is still for sale.

Its going on Ebay tomorrow, shame really, as mentioned, it would be reduced to forum members however I'm not giving it away.
Old 15th March 2015, 19:36   #3
combey1985
Avid contributor

Sold. please close thread.

ta