Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th April 2010, 17:08   #41
italianstallion
Loves to post

Currently - Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks Radioguy I'm sure radioguy will get your unit to you, as he did mine!!! Sean I sent you a couple of emails regarding the IGO software, am stuggling a bit. Can you check them out and respond.
italianstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 17:12   #42
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion View Post
Thanks Radioguy I'm sure radioguy will get your unit to you, as he did mine!!! Sean I sent you a couple of emails regarding the IGO software, am stuggling a bit. Can you check them out and respond.
I think Sean is tied up at the moment, the shipment that is due to be sent out today/ tomorrow is mucked up, they have done the RDS on the units BUT have lost the TV!!! same problem Kathy had the beginning of March!!!!!

That's why I say "I might get the unit" paid extra for RDS and TMCa and Sean is not sure if either are working? and now the bad news about TV

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 17:17   #43
Begiorlegi
Kingdom of Navarre

Rover 75

Radioguy, you have a PM.

Regards.
Old 17th April 2010, 00:21   #44
Adrian H

Rover75 Wagon 2001

Default Last minute change?

Hi Sean and all,

I am a bit suspicious as to the very late dropping of this "bombshell". I also struggle with the "not enough memory" line as presumably RDS(radio) would not be making calls on the memory while the analogue TV is on. I have a 2 year old generic Chinese 2din unit in my Rover right now that has Analogue TV and RDS with no memory conflicts.
The cynical part of me wonders if they have run out of the TV modules....

Having dealt with our "friends in the east" before, I can't help thinking we are being "herded" into a position that suits them, using our desire (having waited so long) to get these units quickly.

I personally would prefer to wait till they have sorted out this mess, rather than rush in with a last minute bodge job.

For example, are they going to remove the TV from the menu options, Remote, mode cycle? Or can they default it to the External Digital TV unit?

I paid extra for this unit from Sean for this very eventuality, and I know he will be working very hard to get us more information on the situation. It's times like this where it's good to have someone who can talk directly to the factory.

What are others waiting for these units thinking? would welcome your thoughts (or comments on my thoughts).

Regards
Adrian

Last edited by Adrian H; 17th April 2010 at 00:32..
Adrian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 03:42   #45
stux99
Posted a thing or two

MG3/TF Spark/ MGTF Steppy/ MG GS

Hope we get some answers soon, have waited for this unit. I too have a chinese d/din unit with DVB-T built in and RDS (no TMC) works fine, just want one that looks right in my ZT.
Old 17th April 2010, 08:32   #46
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux99 View Post
Hope we get some answers soon, have waited for this unit. I too have a chinese d/din unit with DVB-T built in and RDS (no TMC) works fine, just want one that looks right in my ZT.
Look like we have a number of number of unhappy people. The last message I got from Sean was that he was waiting for a reply from China, that was last night. There is no news today (so far) I can see the units will NOT be shipped today as promised!!!

Membership No 135
Old 17th April 2010, 11:11   #47
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian H View Post
H
For example, are they going to remove the TV from the menu options, Remote, mode cycle? Or can they default it to the External Digital TV unit?
Adrian
With the tv module removed it will skip tv when you cycle through with the mode button,however,the icon remains on the main home screen but shows invalid when pressed.
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 11:32   #48
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hi Adrian
I am afraid that I can'y comment on the herding. But I have strong doubts that that occured.I could be wrong. We had the choice to go ALL TV or ALL RDS. this came at the last hours. I think they were trying to make test and produce all at the same time, which in my opinion is a poor way to do things and could put us in this position.

RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian H View Post
Hi Sean and all,

I am a bit suspicious as to the very late dropping of this "bombshell". I also struggle with the "not enough memory" line as presumably RDS(radio) would not be making calls on the memory while the analogue TV is on. I have a 2 year old generic Chinese 2din unit in my Rover right now that has Analogue TV and RDS with no memory conflicts.
The cynical part of me wonders if they have run out of the TV modules....

Having dealt with our "friends in the east" before, I can't help thinking we are being "herded" into a position that suits them, using our desire (having waited so long) to get these units quickly.

I personally would prefer to wait till they have sorted out this mess, rather than rush in with a last minute bodge job.

I paid extra for this unit from Sean for this very eventuality, and I know he will be working very hard to get us more information on the situation. It's times like this where it's good to have someone who can talk directly to the factory.

What are others waiting for these units thinking? would welcome your thoughts (or comments on my thoughts).

Regards
Adrian
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 11:33   #49
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
Look like we have a number of number of unhappy people. The last message I got from Sean was that he was waiting for a reply from China, that was last night. There is no news today (so far) I can see the units will NOT be shipped today as promised!!!
In fact we are Shipping today for those that confirmed the NO TV
Should have tracking either tomorrow or Monday AM
Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 11:43   #50
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
In fact we are Shipping today for those that confirmed the NO TV
Should have tracking either tomorrow or Monday AM
Sean
Have they confirmed that the price WILL be reduced if they are not providing the TV function? We would expect this as they are not providing what we have paid for .

Membership No 135