Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th December 2016, 05:50   #1
Pruts3r
Avid contributor

1999 Rover 75 Sterling - Pewter Grey - Aubergine Leather & 1985 Rover 3500 Vitesse - Targa Red

Default Weird temperture behaviour 2.5 v6

Hello,

I recently got a 99 2.5 connie. I had a whole lot of work done incl cambelts, radiator, thermohousing and a whole lot more.

Since then the car did 2 long journeys (1 hour and return) a few 30 min drives and a few 5 minute drives. No problem and a driving dream!

Only had to top up coolant twice (2 times a quater of a liter)

Yesterday evening i got a scary thing with it. Got stuck in trafic for 15 minutes and then got on the wrong lane infront of trafic light so had to drive of fast (had to push it hard cause this .... in a skoda wouldt let me pass). Then in 200 meters i stopped for the next lights having made it.

Now the temperature meter started to rise to 3/4 and instandley steadily dropped back to normal (fans were on).

Got at my destination and left again in half an hour. Now more traffic and after some driving and half an hour of creeping in traffic suddenly the engine overheating warning came on!!! Gauge shot to max, red light came on so i switched her off.

Was in ds middle of traffic so had to move so started again in 10 secondes after shutting her off. Started without fuss and temperature was perfect in de middle right away and stayed there for the whole journey.

Taking the car home again later that night i had to put in half a liter of water and noticed some mayo under oil cap... the whole one hour drive home she behaved perfectly. In slow city driving and on highway doing 70 miles an hour and even when i tried what happend if i used 'kickdown' and then slowed down...she did nothing wrong and temperature kept perfect...

Should i worry a lot? Or was there some air left in the system?
•Born on Wednesday the 23rd of June 1999 @ 11:35:32
•The 6367th 75 to be produced.
•The 214th Pewter Grey 75 out of 442.
•Probably one of a handful Pewters with Aubergine.
Pruts3r is offline   Reply With Quote