Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th July 2015, 13:45   #1
J0sh

Bmw e46 coupe

Default [HELP] Rear View Camera installation in NAVALL 2

Hi there !

I could use some help with the reverse camera wiring on my Navall 2.

I know my car is not the same as yours but the headunit certainly is.

Let me put you in perspective:

So far, I've carried the wires from the trunk to the dashboard next to the radio And after following the scheme of the instructions, I've accomplished getting the headunit into CAM-IN mode when I switch to reverse gear. However, there's no sign of the video feed coming in and a "NO SIGNAL" warning appears on the display.

It's most likely that we all here have the same cameras sent by Sean and Jeff. Mine came with a 4-5m extension harness that included a RELAY with 3 wires coming out in the end that goes into the front side of the car. These 3 wires are a red positive, a black ground and a blue trigger.

This is the scheme of the connections:

My configuration at this moment :
  • PINK "Reverse" wire coming from the radio harness (not from the CANBUS box) connected to the BLUE trigger wire from the Relay.
  • BLACK "Ground" cable from the radio to the negative of the relay.
  • RED "Cam In" wire from the radio to the positive of the relay.

Video signal:
  • YELLOW RCA with the "CAM IN" sticker from the radio, connected to the only RCA (yellow too) coming from the camera extension harness.

There's also a blue (+) and a black (-) wires in the end of the camera extension harness that goes into the trunk. These are supossed to be wired into the reverse gear light like the scheme shows and so I did.

IMO, overall the wiring is correct, as the headunit gets into CAM mode when I engage reverse gear. But there's no feed on the camera.

This morning I took a closer look at the camera and I saw a "chopped" cable next to the RCA outputs. I could even distinguish 2 wires inside (one being red).

My camera came like this and I'm not sure if my problem with the video signal has something to do with this or if I'm missing something with the rest of the setup.

Thanks in advice. I took everything out of the car and it's a completely mess since I started on Sunday. Until I manage to solve this I cannot put the seats,the carpet nor the door cards back in.

Best regards

Last edited by J0sh; 14th July 2015 at 13:55..
J0sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 20:56   #2
J0sh

Bmw e46 coupe

[SOLVED]

Just in case someone, somehow, ends with the same problem. Here's what I did:

Took switched 12V from the cigarrete lighter instead of getting it from the harness of the Radio.

Thx for the help

Just in case, someone
Old 12th March 2017, 08:14   #3
michaelgeorge

Rover 75 saloon

Default Navall 2

My camera has ceased to work and need to access the the panel to get to the input on the sat nav. How does this come out of the dash? as I do not want to break thing trying to prise it out.

Many thanks michaelgeorgehttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...lies/shrug.gif
michaelgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote