Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th March 2017, 00:26   #51
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
Well after a Jaguar not wanting to get involved with my complaint against local main dealer Parks Jaguar, what do you think they have offered regarding the severe corrosion on the front doors of the XF.

Absolutely nothing which I think is appalling.

To think that a so called quality up market car can have doors which corrode so bad it's right through to the paintwork on the outside and Jaguar just want to quote their six year warranty period has expired.

I will of course be replying to Jaguar and You can bet will not let this go unnoticed.
I have added another photo which shows severe corrosion on the front window mechanism. This is the N/S which I removed for inspection. I had to replace the O/S window mechanism which drew my attention to this door corrosion.

Sorry to hear of your woes with your XF Jim, i saw your car at Gretna a couple of year ago and loved it, then you told me about your troubles with the Jaguar dealer and now this..

I would have expected better from a brand like that.
Old 18th March 2017, 09:09   #52
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Why don't you make this public on social media? Facebook and twitter. Hopefully, that could make a difference.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 21:57   #53
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

So it would appear that Jaguars haven't changed then! "Grace, space, pace and rust!"
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 00:21   #54
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I've now had a second response from Jaguar CRC and they simply quote the same.
As I had not reported this corrosion within the warranty period they cannot offer any assistance.

Shame on Jaguar but I will continue to embarrass them as much as I possibly can. Had my electric window not failed (due to corrosion) earlier this year I would not have been aware of the severity of the corrosion within the door.

I've already made my mind up that this will be my first and last JLR product no matter how good they are or look.

Meantime I will be chasing every available avenue in order to get some "justice"
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 20:37   #55
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Update door corrosion

After being knocked back twice by Jaguar CRC I contacted two media sources for help. The first one appeared to be the most promising but then suddenly backed out. However I received an e mail from Auto Express and for the last few months I have been communicating with them while they in turn were in contact with Jaguar.
It now looks very likely that a story is going to be in a future issue as earlier this week I spent an hour with a freelance photographer who must have taken about 200 shots of the car and some with me in shot.
Meanwhile Jaguar have taken a U turn as after several phone calls from their Executive Office they have now informed me that they will cover all costs for repairing the car.
That same day I received a call from a Taggarts Jaguar Glasgow who inform me that they are going to replace all four doors.
When this work is done in August I am getting the front bumper re painted and a small repair done to the front wing and I will get the sills re painted. Naturally the body shop would have to "flash over" the adjoining panels for a paint match but I am paying for any additional work required.

I am grateful for the intervention of Auto Express as without them I'm sure the story would have a different ending.

I am relieved this saga is almost over but I am still continuing with my complaint against Parks' Jaguar Ayr who ripped me off for unnecessary suspension repairs.

Watch this space !
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 20:46   #56
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Still watching that space Jim, Glad to hear that some positive progress is being made - keep us posted on the Auto Express article.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 23:12   #57
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Brilliant result Jim, well done on taking it far enough to achieve an outcome like this.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 23:31   #58
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Nice one Jim.

Always good when the little guy wins
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2017, 04:32   #59
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Yes - a brilliant example of how tenacity does pay off when faced with an organisation saying an unreasonable 'no'

One thing - is Auto Express also covering the wrongly fitted parts issue? Or just the rust on the doors?
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:08   #60
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
After being knocked back twice by Jaguar CRC I contacted two media sources for help. The first one appeared to be the most promising but then suddenly backed out. However I received an e mail from Auto Express and for the last few months I have been communicating with them while they in turn were in contact with Jaguar.
It now looks very likely that a story is going to be in a future issue as earlier this week I spent an hour with a freelance photographer who must have taken about 200 shots of the car and some with me in shot.
Meanwhile Jaguar have taken a U turn as after several phone calls from their Executive Office they have now informed me that they will cover all costs for repairing the car.
That same day I received a call from a Taggarts Jaguar Glasgow who inform me that they are going to replace all four doors.
When this work is done in August I am getting the front bumper re painted and a small repair done to the front wing and I will get the sills re painted. Naturally the body shop would have to "flash over" the adjoining panels for a paint match but I am paying for any additional work required.

I am grateful for the intervention of Auto Express as without them I'm sure the story would have a different ending.

I am relieved this saga is almost over but I am still continuing with my complaint against Parks' Jaguar Ayr who ripped me off for unnecessary suspension repairs.

Watch this space !
Good news Jim.
're Parks, I will say that I would not buy from them again, my Panda bought in Irvine has had two fraudulent services the last was a stamp only in the book with nothing done, as far as I can tell the first year service was not done. The second year service was partially done by an independent, non Fiat oil filter on the car when I got it but that with original plugs, air filter & pollen filter along with dirty oil were proof of the lack of services. They also conned me on a door seal the super glued and told me it was replaced.
Fortunately the little Fiat engines are tough and no harm has been done but it's in the hand of Trading Standards.