Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd March 2017, 13:57   #11
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

I was bullied at school and had a very domineering mother. My young life was not good. The bullying came to a head when i was about 13, when i blew a fuse and massively punched this particular persons nose so hard i broke it. Never was bullied again.
Mother was a different kettle of fish, at the moment I'm getting mental health counseling and it's all coming back, not so good
Old 23rd March 2017, 17:13   #12
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

I had a boss once who was a pathetic individual motivated by fear - lord knows what emotional trauma he had gone thro' because I and most of my colleagues were success motivated - as most people are I believe.

We dealt with it by telling him to do to us what he threatened - I actually told him his threats were pathetic and asked him what he hoped to achieve with them.

I also told him he needed help and next time he spoke like that to me or any of the ladies in the office I would make a formal complaint.

He was actually dumbfounded and admitted he saw nothing wrong with his " style"
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:57   #13
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
I had a boss once who was a pathetic individual motivated by fear - lord knows what emotional trauma he had gone thro' because I and most of my colleagues were success motivated - as most people are I believe.

We dealt with it by telling him to do to us what he threatened - I actually told him his threats were pathetic and asked him what he hoped to achieve with them.

I also told him he needed help and next time he spoke like that to me or any of the ladies in the office I would make a formal complaint.

He was actually dumbfounded and admitted he saw nothing wrong with his " style"
My direct line manager was an assistant general manager, a little man, whom I had to report to HR for bullying and sexual harassment. I confided in my colleagues about his petty minded micro-management. When he was new in post, he asked me to spy on them and to report back to him. I refused and became his enemy. One of my colleagues was married to his boss and she was very sympathetic. It was really quite awful as I had to have 1-1 supervision with him in his office, where I was subjected to sexual inuendos and touchy touchy. I wanted to punch his lights out, but feared losing my job. He tried to break me down and over a period of time I gathered clandestine tapes of our meetings using a voice memo recorder to gather evidence, diarised everything to HR and his boss. To cut a long story short, he went off sick for 6 months and when he returned, he was reassigned to manage the works dept. I never saw him again.

I felt that 'wheels within wheels had turned' and he got what he deserved, a demotion, an office in the basement with no windows. Hard nut engineers to manage etc, Not long after, I had a serious accident and was off from work for 2 years.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 20:08   #14
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Posted Before.

This has been a subject before now, my short answer is this, after being bullied by three lads when I was 15 over a six month period, I punched the ringleader. I broke my hand and two fingers, he was out cold for hours and his mates melted away, it taught me to walk away from idiots as jail is not on my list of things to do. The explosive power of anger and brute strength can kill, I got my lesson that day. I could only use my anger for the will to survive now, I'll turn my back and walk away to leave them alive and, they won't even know I've done them a good turn. The bullies of this world are many, but the true strength comes from beating them with words.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 20:18   #15
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

I went to Lincoln Grammar School, where I was bullied due to being overweight (which was down to medical problems). I put up with it for about a year, until one day I finally snapped and ended up putting the bully in hospital. Nearly ended up being expelled over it, but thankfully as the bully had form, I got thanked (off the record) for sorting him out and never then had another problem until I left school at 16.
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 22:45   #16
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

I saw bullying in the workplace. My foreman in Clydesdale was 5ft1. A little man that was rotten to the core. In the mid 70's we were inundated with repairs, often we would work an extra hour or two for nothing to clear the shelves, work through breaks etc. On the very odd occasion that we did take our lunch break and maybe were a couple of minutes late he'd report us and we'd get docked an hour. One of the engineers got sacked for doing a homer, then a few days later the Foreman's son came in with him only to say "Dad that's the same telly you were fixing on the table last night" we all downed tools until it was sorted. None of us spoke to him for months when he eventually got demoted and was found out he couldn't even carry out the simplest repair.
Old 25th March 2017, 09:12   #17
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
.......true strength comes from beating them with words.
How true - my son had a few issues with another lad at school - I gave him a humorous response to try:-

"When I was born God gave me an @rsehole - so I really don't need another one - so please go away"

Everyone laughed - even the bully's mates! - a verbal put down can be very effective.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote