Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th January 2015, 13:21   #1
Doghouse
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Replacing manual seats with leather powered ones

Does anyone know what connections i need to replace the standard manual cloth seats.

Really want a set of heated leather ones ( sandstone preferably)
N 220 SLi
02 R75 2.0L V6 Connoiseur
Doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 13:39   #2
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse View Post
Does anyone know what connections i need to replace the standard manual cloth seats.

Really want a set of heated leather ones ( sandstone preferably)
If you have the circled plug under your seats, then your replacement heated leather seats will just connect up and work.

As you have a 54 plate car the black plug should be there.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 13:42   #3
Doghouse
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for the reply. When it stops snowing will go and check. Will this connector work memory seats or just standard electric ones. What about the connectors / switches for the heated seats.
N 220 SLi
02 R75 2.0L V6 Connoiseur
Doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 09:52   #4
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

Smile lether seats connections ans switched

Hi, I guesss I am going through exactly the same... replacing my seats with leather ones. As my previous version was a "Classic" i do not have the swithes in the console to turn on electric heaters of the seat... I wonder how you guys that did it before overcame that issue... changed the console?... carve a new swith in the console?...

Also , any indications of the problems I may face replacing the seats (pluging the new ones in)? I have a 2005 R75 CDTI facelift Classic model. Thanks so much in advance!!
ALBLOHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 10:38   #5
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBLOHE View Post
Hi, I guesss I am going through exactly the same... replacing my seats with leather ones. As my previous version was a "Classic" i do not have the swithes in the console to turn on electric heaters of the seat... I wonder how you guys that did it before overcame that issue... changed the console?... carve a new swith in the console?...

Also , any indications of the problems I may face replacing the seats (pluging the new ones in)? I have a 2005 R75 CDTI facelift Classic model. Thanks so much in advance!!
The easiest way is just to buy a panel with the holes However if you take the panel without the holes off your car you should find the position and shape of the required holes printed on the back.

If you have the wiring already it's just a case of taking the current seats out and then plugging/bolting the electric heated ones in. It's obviously a bit more involved if you have to add the wiring!
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 10:45   #6
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
The easiest way is just to buy a panel with the holes However if you take the panel without the holes off your car you should find the position and shape of the required holes printed on the back.

If you have the wiring already it's just a case of taking the current seats out and then plugging/bolting the electric heated ones in. It's obviously a bit more involved if you have to add the wiring!
Thanks mystabe, I guess IŽll have to wait for my haynes book to learn more about how to wire properly the seats... In the meantime IŽll check the part number of the new panel with all buttons drilled (do you happen to know it ) ... Thanks again!
Old 9th February 2017, 10:55   #7
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Have you checked to see if you already have the wiring? even if there aren't any switches a lot do but it's not used. Just look under the front seats and see if there are any connectors not connected to anything or prise the blank switch panel off the console and see what (if anything) is tucked away behind it.
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 11:05   #8
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

will do and let you know... thanks!
Old 9th February 2017, 11:32   #9
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Have just done mine on a 2003 Club SE 2.0 CDTi...so easy....disconnect battery, wait 30 mines (airbag precautions),move seat back undo front bolts 30 torx,move seats forward undo rear bolts 30 Torx,lift up back of seat support with piece of timber, disconnect blue and yellow connectors, keep connector holders for replacement seats. Disconnect seatbelt tensioner clip/cable, at back lower right of seat, keep clevis pin etc. together as easily lost. Remove head rests for convenience. Fit replacement seats with head rests removed.
Seat can then be easily lifted out the front door by one person, they are not heavy, and easily lifted in, no hassle

Replacement is almost reverse, connect plugs prior to bolting down(Support seat at back for access), locate plug holders into seat metal frame (easy)..Connect black plug. This will give memory on drivers side but not passenger. Tighten seat bolts that you can access, connect battery to move seats for access to remaining two bolts (forget torque figure but guess someone will know)Don't forget to refit seat belt tension clip.

Biggest problem is disposing of manual seats, I have mine of Forum for FREE and no one interested!
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.

Last edited by Caskin; 9th February 2017 at 11:37..
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 11:35   #10
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
Have just done mine on a 2003 Club SE 2.0 CDTi...so easy....disconnect battery, wait 30 mines (airbag precautions),move seat back undo front bolts 30 torx,move seats forward undo rear bolts 30 Torx,lift up back of seat support with piece of timber, disconnect blue and yellow connectors, keep connector holders for replacement seats. Disconnect seatbelt tensioner clip/cable, at back lower right of seat, keep clevis pin etc. together as easily lost. Remove head rests for convenience. Fit replacement seats with head rests removed.
Seat can then be easily lifted out the front door by one person, they are not heavy, and easily lifted in, no hassle

Replacement is a reverse, connect plugs prior to bolting down(Support seat at back for access), locate plug holders into seat metal frame (easy)..Connect black plug. This will give memory on drivers side but not passenger. Tighten seat bolts (forget torque figure but guess someone will know)Don't forget to refit seat belt tension clip. Reconnect battery when both seats in, sit and enjoy!

Biggest problem is disposing of manual seats, I have mine of Forum for FREE and no one interested!
Cool!... Thanks Caskin... what about the swith to turn on heated seats?... you have the button in the console or just get along well without turning the heated seats on

Thanks mate

Last edited by ALBLOHE; 9th February 2017 at 11:38.. Reason: mispellings