Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th February 2017, 11:45   #11
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post

Biggest problem is disposing of manual seats, I have mine of Forum for FREE and no one interested!
My immaculate manual cloth seats ended up at the tip for the very same reason - it seemed such a shame as they were genuinely in mint condition (and probably slightly more comfortable than the leather ones) but there just isn't a market for them

I found my car had the wiring for electric ones however and it seemed rude not to put some in - if I hadn't found the wiring I would probably still have the cloth ones though!

Save
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 11:48   #12
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse View Post
Does anyone know what connections i need to replace the standard manual cloth seats.

Really want a set of heated leather ones ( sandstone preferably)
See my post in answer to yours, all my plugs etc were already in place (Even though my old seats were cloth manual) and removal and fitting was simplicity itself...I have given a few hints...hope it goes well for you
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 11:51   #13
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
See my post in answer to yours, all my plugs etc were already in place (Even though my old seats were cloth manual) and removal and fitting was simplicity itself...I have given a few hints...hope it goes well for you

Great!.. thanks so much... very helpful... will check my wiring asap!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
• This vehicle was the 12,822nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
ALBLOHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 11:51   #14
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBLOHE View Post
will do and let you know... thanks![/QUOTE
]

HI Alberto
Take a look under the driver seat for a large black plug, what you need to find is one which as 8 holes connectors in it, sometime they are all populated other times they are not.

IF you car does not have the wiring is can always be added but this is more invasive and a fair bit of work involved.

Photo below that may help you Arctic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC16969.jpg (137.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg SDC16970.jpg (121.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg SDC16337.jpg (136.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 026.jpg (123.2 KB, 42 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 11:52   #15
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

[QUOTE=Arctic;2445038]
Quote:
]

HI Alberto
Take a look under the driver seat for a large black plug, what you need to find is one which as 8 holes connectors in it, sometime they are all populated other times they are not.

IF you car does not have the wiring is can always be added but this is more invasive and a fair bit of work involved.

Photo below that may help you Arctic

Awesome.. thanks artic

• This vehicle was the 12,822nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Old 9th February 2017, 12:01   #16
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBLOHE View Post
Cool!... Thanks Caskin... what about the swith to turn on heated seats?... you have the button in the console or just get along well without turning the heated seats on

Thanks mate
Who needs heated seats in a Rover 75!!!Seriously though I didn't bother looking.....don't think I have them?
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Old 9th February 2017, 12:11   #17
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Who needs heated seats in a Rover 75!!!Seriously though I didn't bother looking.....don't think I have them?
I suspect you wouldn't in Madrid

I have actually made use of them a bit recently, leather seats in a CDTi when it's -1 and before the car has warmed up (which takes a while) are no fun. If you had the wiring for electric seats though you will have the wiring for heating them, you just need the switches.

Also Mrs Dave loves heated seats so...........

Save
Save

Last edited by mystabe; 9th February 2017 at 12:14..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 12:14   #18
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
I suspect you wouldn't in Madrid

I have actually made use of them a bit recently, leather seats in a CDTi when it's -1 and before the car has warmed up (which takes a while) are no fun.

Also Mrs Dave loves them so...........

Save

Well... in madrid is freezing in the qinter!... aside of that the leather seats i am getting already have that feature... thus my doubt (how to turn them on without the button in the console)

Old 9th February 2017, 13:48   #19
deltic08
Avid contributor

52 ZT 190 Solar Red. 54 ZT 190 SE Ignition Blue. 54 ZT 190 SE Rio Red. 05 ZT 1.8T Aurora

Quote:

I did mine. As you say if was very easy with the right socket set but on completion the air bag warning light was on. Removal and refitting connectors didn't solve the problem so had to visit my local auto electrician. Turned out a gismo somewhere didn't recognise the seat belt pretensioner. A replacement from the old seat cured the problem but cost £50 in labour.
deltic08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 14:18   #20
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltic08 View Post
I did mine. As you say if was very easy with the right socket set but on completion the air bag warning light was on. Removal and refitting connectors didn't solve the problem so had to visit my local auto electrician. Turned out a gismo somewhere didn't recognise the seat belt pretensioner. A replacement from the old seat cured the problem but cost £50 in labour.
I should have mentioned that possibility, all that is normally required is that all plugs and sockets are spray cleaned with a good electrical contact cleaner. Prior to reassembly
Its a common problem, apparently caused by a build-up of grease and nylon from surrounding packaging??