Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th February 2017, 14:44   #21
Mertens34
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 v6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
Have just done mine on a 2003 Club SE 2.0 CDTi...so easy....disconnect battery, wait 30 mines (airbag precautions),move seat back undo front bolts 30 torx,move seats forward undo rear bolts 30 Torx,lift up back of seat support with piece of timber, disconnect blue and yellow connectors, keep connector holders for replacement seats. Disconnect seatbelt tensioner clip/cable, at back lower right of seat, keep clevis pin etc. together as easily lost. Remove head rests for convenience. Fit replacement seats with head rests removed.
Seat can then be easily lifted out the front door by one person, they are not heavy, and easily lifted in, no hassle

Replacement is almost reverse, connect plugs prior to bolting down(Support seat at back for access), locate plug holders into seat metal frame (easy)..Connect black plug. This will give memory on drivers side but not passenger. Tighten seat bolts that you can access, connect battery to move seats for access to remaining two bolts (forget torque figure but guess someone will know)Don't forget to refit seat belt tension clip.

Biggest problem is disposing of manual seats, I have mine of Forum for FREE and no one interested!
Very interesting topic because i also want to replace my cloth seats with leather ones.

However im wondering how do you do the backseats? Those are all 1 big part right?
Mertens34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 14:51   #22
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

Yes, and i am a tad worried about what will i get into there (maybe fancy screws or alike)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
• This vehicle was the 12,822nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
ALBLOHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 15:03   #23
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

No the rear seats are relatively easy you just need to find the bolts (not hard) and then, as I recall - and I may well be wrong with the size because it's been a while - you need a 13mm socket on a wrench and a 13mm spanner

Putting the new ones in requires a firm 'push' but again not really hard, it took me maybe an hour to take out and refit fit all the seats in a Tourer.

Compared to wiring in seats without the wiring it's very easy!
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2017, 16:18   #24
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
No the rear seats are relatively easy you just need to find the bolts (not hard) and then, as I recall - and I may well be wrong with the size because it's been a while - you need a 13mm socket on a wrench and a 13mm spanner

Putting the new ones in requires a firm 'push' but again not really hard, it took me maybe an hour to take out and refit fit all the seats in a Tourer.

Compared to wiring in seats without the wiring it's very easy!

Thanks!!!... I guess i'll get done with all this help i am getting from you... much obliged

• This vehicle was the 12,822nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Old 9th February 2017, 16:37   #25
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertens34 View Post
Very interesting topic because i also want to replace my cloth seats with leather ones.

However im wondering how do you do the backseats? Those are all 1 big part right?
Didn't do my back ones they are perfect and being dark grey do not look out of place alongside black leather.
To get rear seat off you require a long stick with forked end to unhook securing band at back of seat which holds it in place, can be a pig of a job!!
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2017, 06:11   #26
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
I should have mentioned that possibility, all that is normally required is that all plugs and sockets are spray cleaned with a good electrical contact cleaner. Prior to reassembly

Its a common problem, apparently caused by a build-up of grease and nylon from surrounding packaging??

Great stuff... I am "going in" this weekend

Old 10th February 2017, 09:43   #27
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

THANKS GOD... I got the 8 pin connector to plug my leather seats!!... now i need to do it over the next few days and proceed to repair small scratches that some parts of the leather have. In order to do that i will be using something called "liquid leather"... but again need to provide the supplier with a comercial name for the color of the leather. They are Beige ... and not sure if rover had more that one tone for Beige.... do you guys know? (it would be great tohave the list of leather codes just to ask for the closer leather tint) thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 10:37   #28
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBLOHE View Post
THANKS GOD... I got the 8 pin connector to plug my leather seats!!... now i need to do it over the next few days and proceed to repair small scratches that some parts of the leather have. In order to do that i will be using something called "liquid leather"... but again need to provide the supplier with a comercial name for the color of the leather. They are Beige ... and not sure if rover had more that one tone for Beige.... do you guys know? (it would be great tohave the list of leather codes just to ask for the closer leather tint) thanks
Hi Alberto.
Great news for you so just plug and play then, if you remove the AC unit behind you may well find the heated seat plugs, if so they will be wrapped in some grey foam, remove this to find the plug connectors.

First remove the AC panel as in the photo's below, then remove the four screw pull the AC unit forward and take a look behind sometimes the wires will be down a little further so feel for a piece of grey foam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC12678.jpg (134.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12679.jpg (116.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12680.jpg (134.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12681.jpg (117.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12682.jpg (130.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12683.jpg (133.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12684.jpg (134.6 KB, 22 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2017, 06:05   #29
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

Thanks arcti, I noticed in the pictures that the in my panel the buttons are in the same position than in mine but they are different... you show the heated seat's buttons whilst I have traction switch off and cruise control... do you know If i can have all 4 buttons at the same time ? (I guess I'd have to look for more space in my AC panel..

Old 12th February 2017, 06:08   #30
ALBLOHE

Rover 75 saloon

This is my panel and it's buttons