Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd March 2017, 19:19   #61
jubbarelly
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

Had a quick play and neither of those apps work on my phone or on the headunit....

The bluedriver app needs its own obd adaptor for it to pair to, see pic below and dash commander won't even see the obd reader on my phone, so it's not a headunit issue.

Cheers
Jub

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 10:42   #62
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Well interesting because both apps work with my phone. But whatever, I know what the cause is and I've stated it before, the apps can't see and override the bluetooth option of the unit. Not such a big deal to be honest because the unit is just awesome and I would gladly recommend it to anyone, for the unit and your customer services too, hands down But I was thinking, if I buy a Bluetooth stick and use it as a bluetooth receiver, maybe that way I can get it working, wouldit worth a try?
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2018, 08:21   #63
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Does anyone know how I can update the android version of my head unit? I know it is possible and I don't want to spend another 300 quid just to buy one with a higher android version when I can do it on my own
Old 20th March 2018, 16:45   #64
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Don't!

The device and the firmware are tightly knit to each other. Performing a software/firmware upgrade requires significant expertise and computer knowledge. It is very (and I mean very!) easy to brick your unit in the process and does not offer much advantages over your current version.

Have a look over at XDA and see what magic and secret rituals you will have to exercise to upgrade the unit. Not worth it IMHO

Just my 2 cents though

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2018, 11:37   #65
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Hello guys, I am coming back to this subject for a little mod for my car, I want to install rear view (parking) cameras and front view at the same time also as a parking helping feature, the thing is, for the head unit that I have (Android 5.1 Xtrons PG7546BA) the wiring andinstalling of a rear view camera is a walk in the park, but what should I do when including a front view camera? How can I make the head unit screen show both cameras when in reverse or at least show only the rear one when in reverse and then for a set amount of time the front one, or something like this, any ideas? And what about the wiring, for my unit there is only one RCA input which is for the rear view camera so it would be tricky connecting both cameras to that port alone. Thank you in advance!
Old 16th September 2018, 15:42   #66
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Have a look at this.

It is the manual for your device.

And this might be of help: click Basically: You need to connect the front DVR to the USB port of the device.

HTH

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 18:51   #67
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Answer was easy, found it looking through the unit's factory settings, you have a special menu there with the "mods" added to the unit's firmware, where can also be found a "switch to front camera after reverse" and there you can input how many seconds that's gonna be available. Connect the front camera to dvr input, and that's your front camera. Knew it had to be an easy way to do it. Just didn't know an easy way out, didn't want to complicate it with a relay that also has a timer, it would've been messy. But basically that's what the unit does at a microelectronical level.

Ok. So. Another thing I wanted to do now. Equalizers. The one the unit has is NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- and basic. I downloaded external ones with or without media players included, but you can't get them to work with your steering wheel buttons, still, found a simple way to do it, rooted the android system the unit has, added more paths with a special canbus buttons remapping app, and made a universal "next and previous" steering wheels buttons remapping which works with all music player apps so that I can switch through songs in the app that has the equalizer also. My question comes now, how do I set the DEFAULT music app, the one that I like, knew there was also a way but forgot it. I am asking this because I want to get my downloaded player app to startup after the unit boots up and play music instantly as the default one does. Thank you.
Old 13th November 2018, 02:47   #68
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Ok. Found a way to work around what I was asking here above. But now. The unit that I have, as known, is a Xtrons Android 5.1.1 Rk3188 MTCD unit for my Rover 75. Today I was trying another Equalizer app and disabled the original built in one to not have them overlapped even though I was playing the music in a new player, now when I want to enable the original blue icon equalizer app the unit has had built in, it is nowhere to find and when I press on the Amp button in the notification panel nothing happens, any suggestions to get it back? And also, how can I use only one downloaded equalizer for the original built in music player of the unit? Asking this because everytime I switch to the original built in music player app, when it opens, it automatically switches to it's original built in equalizer, which means I can hear it, strangely, even though it's disabled now it can still be heard and used with the built in music app but cannot be accesed anymore. Thanks.