Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd February 2017, 09:52   #11
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_pig View Post
Heh thanks for that but ive started driving transit van with a big trailer when i was 18 and now im a lorry driver so reversing is one of my latest worries
Should that not be LEAST worries Mike.
Old 23rd February 2017, 13:11   #12
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

Lets just take that as typo
flying_pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 20:55   #13
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

managed to sneak out for few minutes and plugged battery on charge only thing that works is stereo
some photos to it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170223_184352.jpg (122.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20170223_184403.jpg (129.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20170223_184518.jpg (118.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20170223_184542.jpg (124.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20170223_184554.jpg (129.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20161101_131932[1].jpg (139.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20161101_132031[1].jpg (125.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 24th February 2017, 08:52   #14
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

Not sure about 12v cables as i would use thicker ones just to power up stereo
Old 24th February 2017, 18:30   #15
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

after a closer look stereo works as its powered straight from battery via purple wire other one fused goes to that box along with one from main fuse box
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170224_175432.jpg (119.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 24th February 2017, 18:43   #16
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

You may have to work backwards from the appliances back to the battery. Find all fuses/switches and wires and test each one individually.

My electrical panel used the glass fuses and had really low amperage fuses in some circuits, far lower than the wire/appliance rating-they blew all the time until I replaced them with the correct fuses.

Not sure from your photo, but do nor run anything directly from the battery charger, it needs the battery as a regulator.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 18:54   #17
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

So is one of them boxes a battery charger when kooked up to mains?
Cant test it on mains as it didn't come with extension lead to plug it
Old 24th February 2017, 21:04   #18
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_pig View Post
So is one of them boxes a battery charger when kooked up to mains?
Cant test it on mains as it didn't come with extension lead to plug it
That is a later model of Viceroy than I once had. Mine had glass windows and slatted opening glass in the windows. I added a gas instant water heater to it, electric pump and automatic mixer taps.

The last photo you posted, of the unit with a white cable then separately a black plus red coming out of it, would seem to be the charger. It looks like a DIY install, probably the charger will be nothing more than a transformer and rectifier, with no control of the charging circuit. Modern ones are controlled so they do not over charge the batteries and can supply enough current to run most things without the need for a battery to be connected. Back then, you could buy kits to enable you to add 240v mains to caravans without - it looks very like one of those after market kits. I half remember mine maybe had gas lighting, which was nice - it kept you a bit warmer on the colder evenings I learned to spray the mantles with hair spray, which would help prevent the mantles breaking every time you moved the van.

The regulations for 240v mains installations in caravans, require the systems to be provided with ELCB's, for safety - I am not sure whether that install in your photo is just MCB's or the ELCB's.

It should have a blue 16amp plug, into which an orange EHU (Electric Hook Up) cable plugs, to power it from a bollard on site. They sometimes fixed the plugs under the caravans, now the plugs are installed behind a battery box door. Orange cable, blue plug one end, blue socket the other..

Likewise the battery, it just looks as if it has been added by someone, rather an original fitment.

Does it have 12v lights (probably small fluorescent fittings) or 240v bulbs?

I cannot see a door for water and pump to be plugged in, you will have to follow the pipe down from the sink tap. Some used a floor foot pump, others a hand pump in the tap, but see if there is a 12v electric pump in the pipe anywhere.

If you are not sure what you are doing with the electrics, it really would be best to find someone who does to take a look, for your own and your families safety.

Have you checked the gas systems yet? From memory, mine just had three gas rings and a grill. I added a gas heater.

Just so you know, modern caravans have moved on massively. Mine has H&C running water, heated by gas or mains. It has a blown air temperature controlled heating system, able to use either either mains, gas or both for heat. Full oven. Brilliant shower, as good as at home. Satellite TV. Very comfortable, home from home.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 21:30   #19
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
That is a later model of Viceroy than I once had. Mine had glass windows and slatted opening glass in the windows. I added a gas instant water heater to it, electric pump and automatic mixer taps.

The last photo you posted, of the unit with a white cable then separately a black plus red coming out of it, would seem to be the charger. It looks like a DIY install, probably the charger will be nothing more than a transformer and rectifier, with no control of the charging circuit. Modern ones are controlled so they do not over charge the batteries and can supply enough current to run most things without the need for a battery to be connected. Back then, you could buy kits to enable you to add 240v mains to caravans without - it looks very like one of those after market kits. I half remember mine maybe had gas lighting, which was nice - it kept you a bit warmer on the colder evenings I learned to spray the mantles with hair spray, which would help prevent the mantles breaking every time you moved the van.

The regulations for 240v mains installations in caravans, require the systems to be provided with ELCB's, for safety - I am not sure whether that install in your photo is just MCB's or the ELCB's.

It should have a blue 16amp plug, into which an orange EHU (Electric Hook Up) cable plugs, to power it from a bollard on site. They sometimes fixed the plugs under the caravans, now the plugs are installed behind a battery box door. Orange cable, blue plug one end, blue socket the other..

Likewise the battery, it just looks as if it has been added by someone, rather an original fitment.

Does it have 12v lights (probably small fluorescent fittings) or 240v bulbs?

I cannot see a door for water and pump to be plugged in, you will have to follow the pipe down from the sink tap. Some used a floor foot pump, others a hand pump in the tap, but see if there is a 12v electric pump in the pipe anywhere.

If you are not sure what you are doing with the electrics, it really would be best to find someone who does to take a look, for your own and your families safety.

Have you checked the gas systems yet? From memory, mine just had three gas rings and a grill. I added a gas heater.

Just so you know, modern caravans have moved on massively. Mine has H&C running water, heated by gas or mains. It has a blown air temperature controlled heating system, able to use either either mains, gas or both for heat. Full oven. Brilliant shower, as good as at home. Satellite TV. Very comfortable, home from home.
Thanks for that Harry Ike PhD me with problem about lights and I suggested asking you.
Old 25th February 2017, 09:32   #20
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

I will have to take a closer look on electrics and water supply bloke i had it of said lights can run on either
Ill take some more close up photos check lights ill get a plug to hook it up and then ill come back