Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd March 2017, 19:54   #21
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Why are the police are scratching their heads with just one man with a knife and a car, is a more worrying question?????
In what way?

Police weren't to know that the initial attack wasn't intended to distract. Terrorists commonly attack from one point intentionally driving people to flee straight into the path of a secondary device or attack. Making sure there isn't a second device or attacker is never going to be a quick process.

When a police officer is killed protecting the public and police shoot the assailant dead I think whatever else can be said, you can't say they were scratching their heads
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:02   #22
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I think the police performed heroically, without regard for their own safety, one, above and beyond the call of duty deepest sympathy to his family, and to the families of others involved. One can't prepare for a lone wolf with a knife & vehicle, but the police acted swiftly & conclusively to end the threat My thoughts to all involved
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:23   #23
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

A cowardly act that is virtually unstoppable, respect to the services for doing what they do day in day out.
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:52   #24
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
I think the police performed heroically, without regard for their own safety, one, above and beyond the call of duty deepest sympathy to his family, and to the families of others involved. One can't prepare for a lone wolf with a knife & vehicle, but the police acted swiftly & conclusively to end the threat My thoughts to all involved
Wholeheartedly agree.

It is impossible to stop all occurrences of these attacks whilst still preserving the freedom of the masses.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 23:01   #25
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

My deepest sympathy to the the innocent people killed and injured and their families due to such sickening actions.
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 09:34   #26
grteam
Avid contributor

75 Mk II CDTi Saloon ''Charlie Bravo Tango''

Yesterday there was a moment of silence in Belgium, exactly one year after the coward attacks at the Brussels airport. Many wounds will never heal, but people are resilient, and look for the future, with lessons learned. Now we look at fresh wounds. My deepest sympathies for all involved in the tragedy. Credit goes to the police forces.
Be strong Britain, the ones with the spirit broken will never break our spirits.
Old 23rd March 2017, 16:22   #27
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default My Family

The thoughts of all my family are with all of the innocent victims both those who have been killed and also those who have received life changing injuries.

These events will never be forgotten by all those who witnessed it or were directly effected. It is awful that anybody can consider this type of indiscriminate attack, rightly described as cowardly.

As a former Policeman my thoughts are not surprisingly with both the family of and the policeman that received fatal injuries. He went to work. To protect us and did not come home. May he rest in peace.

Awful, trully awful.

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 16:28   #28
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
The thoughts of all my family are with all of the innocent victims both those who have been killed and also those who have received life changing injuries.

These events will never be forgotten by all those who witnessed it or were directly effected. It is awful that anybody can consider this type of indiscriminate attack, rightly described as cowardly.

As a former Policeman my thoughts are not surprisingly with both the family of and the policeman that received fatal injuries. He went to work. To protect us and did not come home. May he rest in peace.

Awful, trully awful.

Chris
Very well said Chris. We are often very quick to criticise the police force,but it's at times like this, we are reminded of how they put their lives on the line to protect us . RIP PC Palmer.
Old 23rd March 2017, 17:24   #29
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
In what way?

Police weren't to know that the initial attack wasn't intended to distract. Terrorists commonly attack from one point intentionally driving people to flee straight into the path of a secondary device or attack. Making sure there isn't a second device or attacker is never going to be a quick process.

When a police officer is killed protecting the public and police shoot the assailant dead I think whatever else can be said, you can't say they were scratching their heads
I'm sorry Rooney. I Retract that statement about the police and have now edited my post. I do stand by the rest.
I guess I just reacted at the time feeling angry at the situation.
R.I.P to those killed, and my thoughts with those who where injured and their families