Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2017, 17:34   #1
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

Thumbs down Eurocarparts Farce

Went online and ordered a pair of ignition cools and a pair of leads for the Rover 75 1.8
First I was confused as again the 'promo code' never worked for me
Next the 'Free same day delivery' on orders over £10 failed to kick in... oh I could have it, but within 4 days
So I paid the £3.45 extra for next day delivery on the complete order,

Order arrives; a pair of coil packs with 'leads to follow'

Hold on that's not 'Premium next day delivery'

So I rang customer services, "sorry not in stock they will be out tomorrow, we will refund the £3.45"

As if that is a satisfactory solution, I have requested they collect the partial order and cancel everything and refund the total £86.41

"OK" was the reply,you will get your refund when the items are returned to the warehouse and processed, that could be midweek next week.

Amazing as my payment was instantaneously taken from my account !!

So Eurocarparts can forget my business or recommendations

So angry with them !!!

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:46   #2
fandango151
Loves to post

Rover 75

I hate to add that the parts will likely be wrong (no just because of the pickers), they generally list the wrong leads.

They see to think all 1.8s are vvc hence you get sent leads that are too long and with fit under the cover. The part you need is listed for a landrover.

After googling same has happened to many mgr drivers - food a thread on other channel exact same issue
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:51   #3
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc13661 View Post
Went online and ordered a pair of ignition cools and a pair of leads for the Rover 75 1.8
Next the 'Free same day delivery' on orders over £10 failed to kick in... oh I could have it, but within 4 days

So I rang customer services, "sorry not in stock they will be out tomorrow, we will refund the £3.45"

As if that is a satisfactory solution, I have requested they collect the partial order and cancel everything and refund the total £86.41

"OK" was the reply,you will get your refund when the items are returned to the warehouse and processed, that could be midweek next week.

Amazing as my payment was instantaneously taken from my account !!

So Eurocarparts can forget my business or recommendations

So angry with them !!!
I gave up on ECP a number of years ago Keith, the discount code NEVER works, as there is always a " sale" on. I just use local independent motor factors now.
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:56   #4
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I wont use them anymore after some of the c0ck ups, I was sent a clutch for a Saab and when I went to fit it I realised they had sent me the wrong one. I rang them to be told the one I was sent was the alternative part I explained it was completely wrong, they promised to send me the correct one within the next few days. Not a lot of good when you have the car in pieces and the customer is supposed to be collecting it in a few hours. I rang my local factors and had the correct part within an hour, yes it was dearer but maybe there is a reason for that?
Old 23rd March 2017, 19:07   #5
RepoUK
Loves to post

R75 CDTi Tourer 160bhp

Yup, ECP really suck.

A few years ago, I rang my local ECP as I needed a new battery in a hurry for my daughters car so she could get to work the next day. I was quoted a decent price, yes it's in stock and yes I could collect right away.

Gets to the the store, the price they quoted was ex-VAT (illegal to do so for consumers) and the card machines were down so cash only... which the guy on the phone hadn't bothered to mention... so I had to drive to the nearest cash point, get the cash out and go back.

That was the last time I used them and I don't intend to use them again anytime soon.
Old 23rd March 2017, 19:07   #6
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Mat at DMGRs is literally worth his weight in gold.

He can't always compete price wise, but he's never too far away.

I have no interest in ecp, or any company that professes to offer a loyalty discount by inflating the price on their site then offering the same part on Amazon at the supposed discounted price unique to ''us''

The battery saga last year was the last time I even looked at their shop, I posted about it on here, but anybody who wants to know what ECP's actual price for any product is should start by looking for it on Amazon. It's an eye opener
Old 23rd March 2017, 19:19   #7
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc13661 View Post

I understand the frustration, but if you were to get them from another supplier online, they won't have been any quicker than letting ECP complete the order?

Must admit I've found ECP good to deal with, even when I was a bit late in returning one item, they still allowed it.

Laterooms.com - now there is a bunch of useless.......
Old 23rd March 2017, 20:02   #8
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I have used ECP a few times and their sister company Carparts4less. Never had a problem.

I must say that I don't see anything unsatisfactory about ECP's response in the first post. It they don't have the part in stock - they have to secure it from their supplier - they cannot create it instantly.

Could it be that we are all too busy which is leading us to be overly impatient?
Old 23rd March 2017, 20:11   #9
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Could it be that we are all too busy which is leading us to be overly impatient?
Could be, but also, it could be that there's a reasonable expectation a supplier will notify you of a lack of availability either before they take payment, or before they post anything?

It isn't hard to manage stock levels appropriately, regardless of size. Arguably it's more important for a big company to demonstrate competence than it is for a sole trader
Old 23rd March 2017, 20:14   #10
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

Our Local Branch is the same, they employ minimum wage monkeys, who haven't got the first clue about cars, or their parts, avoid at all costs.
Closed Thread