Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th January 2017, 08:18   #1
OBC John
Regular poster

Jaguar XF-S

Default Newbie - Just popping in . . .

I've just joined your forum for a short while to give away a 75 spare wheel and jacking kit (see post in the freebie section) but thought I'd say hello and relate my 75-ownership experience.
Some years back (2000) I was lucky enough to be given a Rover 75 Connoisseur Tourer as a company car having previously had a Rover 600. I had it for 3 years and 96k miles at which point it was changed for another 75 Connoisseur but a saloon this time. I also had this for 3 years and a similar mileage.
Company cars stopped at that point as I moved jobs and I bought a Jaguar X-Type 2.2d Sovereign and now own a Jaguar XF-S Portfolio.
Comparison: There is no doubt that the Jags are very nice cars and certainly the V6 diesel in the XF is probably the smoothest engine (diesel or petrol) I've ever driven. But . . . . . I maintain to this day that the interior of both 75s was equal to (and in some ways superior to) the Jags. I really miss the seats and the walnut and leather steering wheels. Had Rover not gone bump a few months after I took delivery of my second 75, I am sure I'd still be driving it's modern equivalent today.
I'm really please to find that there is still a thriving and proud owners community. Long may you continue!!
OBC John is offline   Reply With Quote