Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th May 2012, 08:23   #61
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Good luck with the sale, it's important that someone takes it on who can give it a warm dry home.

One of the reasons my V8 went was it was living outside and not getting used enough.

You could see it deteriorating - it was getting washed more then it was driven.

Another option would be to find a dealer with a nice big showroom and see if they could display it on a commission basis
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 08:26   #62
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

I think you'll probably know my thoughts on getting the best price for it!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 17:17   #63
Badgertone
Regular poster

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
Good luck with the sale, it's important that someone takes it on who can give it a warm dry home.

One of the reasons my V8 went was it was living outside and not getting used enough.

You could see it deteriorating - it was getting washed more then it was driven.

Another option would be to find a dealer with a nice big showroom and see if they could display it on a commission basis
David

You're right. At the moment the car is used daily and gets properly 'warmed up'. I did contemplate replacing the front lawn with tarmac and 'parking up' but realistically the car would have been exposed to the elements (in itself not a problem if used) but without a daily run out - it deserves better than that
Badgertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 18:35   #64
Terrorfex
Gets stuck in

Kia

I know you're bored of hearing all these "I would buy this but ..." Uh, but, I wanted to say I gave very serious thought to buying AOX myself. The reason I decided against it was my quest for fitting a Premium Bumper meant it would be as close to heresy as I can think of to do such a thing to a pre-production 75.

Also, I simply can't justify the running costs of the V6 (Which is why I'm "downgrading" to a CDTi or a 1.8) and replacing my current V6 with another one just doesn't make sense (Curse the Brian and its dominion over my heart!)

I know it doesn't help you at all, but genuinely, were it not for the above I would have taken it solely on the "celebrity" factor the car has earned itself on here without ever speaking a word.
Terrorfex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 16:26   #65
Badgertone
Regular poster

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorfex View Post
I know you're bored of hearing all these "I would buy this but ..." Uh, but, I wanted to say I gave very serious thought to buying AOX myself. The reason I decided against it was my quest for fitting a Premium Bumper meant it would be as close to heresy as I can think of to do such a thing to a pre-production 75.

Also, I simply can't justify the running costs of the V6 (Which is why I'm "downgrading" to a CDTi or a 1.8) and replacing my current V6 with another one just doesn't make sense (Curse the Brian and its dominion over my heart!)

I know it doesn't help you at all, but genuinely, were it not for the above I would have taken it solely on the "celebrity" factor the car has earned itself on here without ever speaking a word.
All the same, good of you to at least consider and give some thought to. I wish you well with the CDTi or 1.8 (these engines were in my previous 75s). Providing any of the K-series (or diesel) engines have had good maintenance and things replaced when they should have been done then they do an excellent job in any guise
Old 8th May 2012, 18:54   #66
Badgertone
Regular poster

MG ZT

Default Sold

Car is now sold (first to see bought)

I am very pleased that the car is going to a very good home where I know it will be well looked after and preserved for the future

Many thanks to all the club members that have given their support to the sale of this excellent car - much appreciated. Best wishes to all of you
Old 8th May 2012, 19:18   #67
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 Dealer Launch

That is very good news to hear and glad to see gone to someone in the club I know he will be very happy with it

Paul

Scouse1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 19:20   #68
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Very well done, best of luck to the new owner.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 19:26   #69
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Well done glad you got it sold
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 20:14   #70
Anthony & Maricel
This is my second home

Rover 75 Connoisseur 1.8L pre production S573 AOX Vin 001493 Feb 1999

Thumbs up

Ohh thank god for that, that is very good news indeed. It is nice to know it has gone to a good home and will be preserved for the future.
Anthony & Maricel is offline   Reply With Quote